Anyone bought the X3 version/ upgrade?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Anyone bought the X3 version/ upgrade?

I looked at the comparisons of the different versions, 12 and X3 look very similar except for a few things like the jitter brushes and new brush engine.

I was wondering if anyone got it and if it was worth the upgrade money.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    There are other things like transforming multiple layers and groups, a new perspective guide with snap and a reference panel but the main thing is that it appears to be very stable and a good number of bugs have been fixed. With interim releases on top, I find it the best version so far (since Painter X in my case).

Thanks
    I have mixed opinion about this. Firstly, if u have Painter version older than 12, by all means go upgrade it it IS, in my opinion, the best Painter to date. Having said that, I can't honestly recommend it as an upgrade from 12. maybe wait till future patch. Because to me, it' feels like Painter 12's patch, i mean, it would be much much better if it was a "12.5" instead of X3 (A free patch instead of an upgrade item).
    It does have a nice feature additions but are very gimmicky, For instance, In my knowledge u can build your own jitter brushes and there is no new "brush engine", it's a new brush "search engine" and for anyone who use Painter as their main tool, i believe there's only little difficulty (if any) in finding their favorite brushes especially with custom palette around. Perspective guides are also nice, it helps a bit (You still need to find your correct line or in my case, guesswork it . It definitely not a substitute for a proper study in perspective, nothing is and nothing will be. Not for us 2d concept artists at least. It just the way it is, not Corel's fault) Several bugs are handled nicely, My favorite part is the transform tool. Like joe said above ,it now can transform multiple layers and groups, it also can temporarily produce a low res preview while you are transforming so it can perform much faster.
    So there you go, my two cents. Take it with grains of salt Sorry if it adds more to the confusion Oh and one more thing, it probably isn't relevant and most likely because i'm such an egocentric prick, but i find that the X3's splash loading screen are ... not cool, not even when it does have a dragon in it :p.

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments and feedback.

Members who have read this thread: 2