Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need to draw more

Thanks

I need to draw more

Hi guys, I've been trying to improve in digital painting since 2009. But I want to use this thread to study drawing for comics. I hope you can critic and comment my work. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cojac; September 26th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

From the begining

Here are some selected sketches from past.

Name:  historico_digital_painting.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  115.2 KB

Drawings of wolfs for a creature design. Done from observation using photos.

Name:  wolf_2013.jpg
Views: 8761
Size:  203.2 KB

A concept of the wolf creature in the forest.

Name:  lobo_na_floresta_2013.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  70.2 KB

Thanks
    Hi

I really like your selected works from the past!
    Regarding the newer once i prefer your graphite sketch over the digital one.
    The wolf in your concept is really "stiff". For example the eyes are wide open eventhough his mouth is wide open.
    But the atmosphere perspektive is well done.

Greeting Knork

Thanks

Some characters sketches

Still need to improve in this field. What do you think I should improve? Any guidance is appreciated.

Name:  guerreiras_sketchs.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  96.2 KB

Thanks
    Very good of you to practice! You are doing good! In your last figures i think first you should imagine more or less the simple forms that approxomate the real things. Don't draw just lines, imagine 3D contained forms. And how forms are conected together. Everything consists of spheres, cubes and cylinders. And the second you may need to break siluett, make it more from broken lines.

Thanks

Egyptian warrior

This is for a game called Century X.

Name:  guerreio1_final600.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  335.3 KB

Thanks
    Welcome to ca.org! Your work looks good. You got a nice handle on form. I think your work could maybe benefit from some harder edges in your values with a more opaque brush setting. I would love to see some studies from you as well. It looks like you are off to a great start! Keep posting.

Thanks
    hey cojac, welcome back! I see this time round you've been attempting to do more imaginative work, and that is great! As a critique, I'd say your figures seem a little stiff, you need to perhaps really push the gesture of things. I also feel a lack of solidity in your figures and that it feel a little poorly connected and interlocked. I'd suggest trying to really break down things into simplified forms like cubes, cylinders, pyramids, and cones, perhaps try to watch the Dynamic Sketching workshop by Peter Han. Do the exercises like drawing various ellipses and try to connect and wedge forms together as well as learning to draw each form pretty well. I've seen your still life paintings before and they were pretty good, it's just that you need to learn how to simply things into basic three dimensional forms so that you can have them solidly memorized in your head after you draw em from life. Just do a lot of gestures and studies from life making sure your learning to simplify and feel the energy of certain poses then apply as much as you can into your imaginative work.
    CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

Thanks

Elf Warrior

@Knork - Thank you for stopping by. Yes I see the stiffness and I'm working with to solve this problem. Come back later to see something new. I'll try to post regularly.

@Geser - Thanks for your comments. I have some difficulty to work with tridimensional form. But I'll follow your advice.

@Chevy29360 - Thanks man. I'll post more studies for sure. Come back later to see them.

@Kamikazel33t - Hey, thank you for coming here. Yes the forms must be connected and no just silhouetted. I'm working on it. About the workshop by Peter Han I'll take a look.
    -----
    Here you see 2 sketches done in 60 seconds. And the pencil drawing of an Elf Warrior I'm working with.

Name:  60seg_final.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  guerreira3.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  151.2 KB
    Last edited by Cojac; August 31st, 2013 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks

Elf Warrior color

It took me 4 hours to do the color. I don't know how to ink it like comics so I preserved the pencil lines. Need to work with inking techniques to clean up my pencil mess. In this one maybe I should work more, take some time to refine the details but I'm cosidering it done for now.

There is a good video about McLean Kendree I absolutely love. I'm trying to work using the same techniques> see video here.

Name:  guerreira3_color.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  145.7 KB

Thanks
    cool stuff! looks like your anatomy can use some work, hit the books or google and do tons of studies so you can get a good sense of anatomy it will help tons!

Thanks
    Hi cojac! You look like you've got a really good idea of colors and values! I would agree with the others though in that you would learn a lot about anatomy by doing some quick figure drawings using books or online stock resources. And thanks for the link to that video! I always love watching art videos on YouTube.

Good luck with your improvement!

Thanks
    @ Kevin: thank you for coming here. Yes I know I need more practice with anatomy. I'm working with it now.
    @ Lydiamay: thanks for your comments. I think we all agree that my firgures need more study.

I feel my figure drawings are stiff. So I saw a video of gesture drawing: (Proko). And I used the models of (Quickposes ). I did it during all the afternoon today, using graphire pencil 6B and newsprint paper. These are my best drawings.

Name:  gestual1.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  164.2 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast