Pen does NOT Work in CS6

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pen does NOT Work in CS6

I don't understand. When I open photoshop my tablet pen (bamboo splash, wacom) completely stops working, as if it wasn't even plugged in. I can't move anywhere in or around photoshop, once I close it though, the pen works again and in other programs.

I had a bamboo pen first, then got the bamboo splash.
    I did uninstall the bamboo pen, then the splash and got it to work with everything but photoshop. Also downloaded latest drivers, reboot, etc I cannot figure out what could be wrong! Has anyone else had this problem?

I know people have an issue with pressure sensitivity, but that's not it - the pen wont move AT ALL! :C how can I not use photoshopaarghhh

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    okay, so again; remove all Wacom drivers, restart your comp and then install the latest one and restart again.

Open PS, see if it works, if not (this next part only works on Windows as I don't on a Mac), go Start > type in "Services" > Press "w" or scroll for the Wacom driver.
    See if the Wacom driver is working, if not, Right Click > stop > wait for it to stop > right click > start.

Re-open PS and see if it works now.

If it's still not working, I haven't a clue.
    Maybe see what's setup in your Wacom driver properties or something...

www.travismillar.com

Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers already, but I have not checked the services. Seems like anyone who has had this problem hasn't posted a fix for it so I'll try it once more and provide feed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tried it

So I tried reinstalling drivers with restarts inbetween yet again, and even went to reinstall photoshop. No luck.

When looking in services I found Wacom Consumer Service - Started. So I stopped it, started it up again and the pen still won't move in photoshop :C

What could this be! The tablet works fine outside of photoshop....Like okay, so I open photoshop and the cursor won't move by way of the tablet pen - but if I minimize photoshop, it works again! What could this be....Before I had the bamboo splash I was using the 'Bamboo Pen' (without the touch feature) and that was working fine.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.