Art: Space scenes - new image added
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Space scenes - new image added

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Space scenes - new image added

Hello people!
    During the last week or so, I've been trying to get the hang of painting space-scenes. Have I got it right? You be the judge.
    I've also taken the time to try out a new style, which is a bit different from my previous images. Images which can be found on my website.... I've tried to get more out of each brush stroke, if you see what i mean.

Click the pics to enlarge them.

- Blue nebula

- Asteroids

- Derelict craft

Last edited by matsu; July 24th, 2004 at 09:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice! i love the colours. maybe the second pic with the asteroid should have more smaller peices of the ship flying off, to add a bit of scale.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! One reply only - tough crowd here!

But thanks Fungi. Smaller pieces is a good idea. I'll keep that in mind for future work.

Did another pic though. Might aswell post it.

- Approach

Cheers y'all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hah i dunno why the heck you got just the 1 reply, these are very good i really like the new one, maybe you should try some weird alien landscapes.

keep it up man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know exactly why you got just one reply. This is cool concept stuff. thats the way it works around here, unless you draw characters or scenes with flames or other stunning colorful visual effects, people just wont reply.

This non-replying phenomenon also occurs when people have nothing to complain about. people only tend to cheer on the best of the best. its kinda sad. I really like your style though! .. On eatpoo, would your stuff get more responses? maybe I should start hangin round there instead

Spaceships rock n rule, like your design. All the pics are missing is some roughin up and detailing. the color moods are all set.

Always glad to see other swedish artists that know what theyre into. You got icq or somethin? I need more people like that on my list.

kämpa på.

-theo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is a tough crowd here sometimes. I have to milk my threads for all they are worth =P

I saw this work already at Eatpoo and that is why I didn't initially respond. And with the ammount of cross traffic between the two places, perhaps that is the reason with others?

It is great work =)
    I will agree with the comments on eatpoo about your lovely "goopy" thick coloring =D

-toasty

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

I like the style you got going there. I am a John Harris fan...so I like how you tried to convey the grand scale of space with minimal details. If you haven't already seen his work, check him out. I think you will like him.

As for some feedback, I think the "Derelict craft" is probably the most successful in creating scale. In "blue nebula", I feel that the two ships on the top right seem a bit distracting to the whole composition ( there's something odd about them and their position). The space station in "Approach" need to have more indication of scale....If you take away the red ship in the forground, does it still look like a giant space station?

And about the "one crit thing"...I wish it's not like that. But I think there are a lot more younger and aspiring artists here than there is a professional level artist. So real helpful and meaningful crits are far and few between.

I like to see more. Keep it going.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are good, the spaceship designs remind me of some that were in a book i had as a kid, i can´t remember the title, but it was cool. I would like to see some more textures and details in these, but your style is solid so it works anyways.

Welcome to the forum, and please keep posting.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.