Seeking cover art for novel
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Seeking cover art for novel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post Seeking cover art for novel

Hello I am seeking cover art for my novel GUNSLINGERS which is a part of a series that will be out in February. I am looking for something within the horror/western/ sci-fi range. the book contains cowboy, robots, cyborgs, demons, monsters and of course lots of guns the artist can create anything they want just as long as its in that range I want to give the reader a sense of the ton of action that's within the book as well as horror and futuristic blade runner type elements. as I said there will be a series of books within this saga so I will need many different covers. I will pay $50 for each accepted artwork with credit given to the author within the book. if the series does well there will be a comic book derived from it and there will be fulltime paid work available. you can contact wayne sanders at studiosandmanx@yahoo.com thank you very much

STUDIO SANDMAN

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    “I will pay $50 for each accepted artwork with credit given to the author within the book."

It sounds like you are asking free spec work/contest and only willing to pay after you see the work?

Just as a heads up generally professional quote around $30-$60 an hour. So if you are offering only $50. You would basically get rough color sketch, done in an hour or so. Where is a quality book cover can easily take up +15 hours to paint. Just something to think about. Better covers will also help your book sell.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It also sounds like a rip off of The Gunslinger by Stephen King. What a great series that was. Dem mighty big shoes to fill my friend.

Members who have read this thread: 4