Sketchbook: The beginning of Greatness (help needed ;))
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation The beginning of Greatness (help needed ;))

Welcome to my sketchbook!! I have been an off and on artist for most of my life, but I have never really done what it takes to get good and get my self out there. Lets just say, as many of you can relate with, I've had way to many fears and reservations that have held me back. I'm sick of that, and I am trying to do what ever I can and the best part is, my wife supports me!! hehe.

I'm excited to have you all here and I plan on updating a few times every week. Please drop as often as you like, I only ask that you really critique me. I've always feared people not liking my art, but I realize now that that is okay - and if people tell me the truth, it is that truth that will make me better! So let me have it, and I'll return the favor .

Thanks for dropping by, enjoy hopefully, and if you don't mind check out my blog. I've just started it and still anxious about. Please leave any suggestions. Thanks!

Name:  nathan fowkes copy2.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  54.7 KB

I've never really digital painting much, so I am just trying to get into it. All down digitally, a copy with changes from a portrait by Nathan Fowkes!

Check out my blog! - www.kevynhale.blogspot.com - come and follow the.... prodigy (at least the future prodigy)
    And don't forget the sketchbook! http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=270992

Give me your best critique!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Know that I am trying to learn how to work on digital painting, I am re doing an old character design that I painted in guache (however you spell it). Any suggestions would help on the process. Also anyone know on great online sources for character design. It is something I really want to learn. Thanks!

Name:  character design redo 1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  734.4 KB

Check out my blog! - www.kevynhale.blogspot.com - come and follow the.... prodigy (at least the future prodigy)
    And don't forget the sketchbook! http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=270992

Give me your best critique!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by at my sketchbook , keep on going man

My Sketchbook )

Criticism much appreciated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome painting study in the first post!
    Regarding character design I was pointed to this website http://characterdesigns.com/ and it turned out to be pretty helpful if you check out the photosets
    Otherwise looking at other artists work is most likely a good thing to do and see what shapes they use and also to study costumes from history!
    But thats what Im doing because Im still pretty new to character design
    Keep drawing and painting and posting here!

My Sketchbook
    Crits and help of any kind are more than welcome!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.