Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Lack of Help from the community to fund Dreamfuel and CA

Thanks
    Thanked 5,857 Times in 3,961 Posts
    Dusty, people are posting some pretty interesting stuff like this post from Raileyh http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...46#post3705946 We just need more of it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,857 Times in 3,961 Posts
    Line - for you. It's doing the rounds on FB atm

Name:  1009647_10151733381264592_1941998307_o.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  143.0 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 850 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dierat View Post
    Is that really a threat if the money is transferred through Paypal? I don't think Dreamfuel/CA has access to your credit card information (but I'm obviously not an expert on the subject).

Edit: Did they change the payment system? When it was first launched, I thought hitting 'Support Now' just sent you to Paypal.
    I know it goes through pay pal. I just don't know anything about what hackers can and can't do. I'm sure anything is possible and I'm paranoid about vulnerabilities in a site. If a site is really buggy, I'm not going to trust their paypal. I've been scared off by lot's of distasteful animated advertisements.

PS: Paypal recently asked me to confirm a nonprofit located in Greece I knew nothing about. I reported it paypal acted like no harm no fowl. They assured me it wasn't a phishing scam, but they wouldn't tell me what kind of scam it was.
    Last edited by Raoul Duke; July 25th, 2013 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    Line - for you. It's doing the rounds on FB atm

Name:  1009647_10151733381264592_1941998307_o.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  143.0 KB
    Thanks Black Spot, I haven't seen this, I'll share it from my end. Tho I'm not aiming for comics, being the Devil's
    Advocate can produce results. I'm surprised by the pricing back then. Does anyone have any idea of how close
    these figures are to the actual figures being paid in comics now?
    "Don't judge a book by it's cover" Frank Frazetta 1928-2010
    RIP Frank.

DA gallery http://michaelsyrigos.deviantart.com/gallery/

CA Sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=131601

Thanks
    The problem with Dreamfuel is that it comes at a time when a lot of us are unsure of how we feel about this site. I personally put a lot of time and effort into the team challenge, which was the biggest push this site made in years to bring back the sense of unity in the community, only to have the site shut down for over a month for this upgrade... we practically had to beg to get the team event and then didn't get any site backing. We had the whole thing shutdown on us with negligible notice during the last week after we all put so much work into it... Then there was all of that drama about royalties that was it's own plate of spaghetti.

Now the upgrade has happened kinda sorta and they want $75,000 for another update that sounds ok(?), but is really more of a 'lets wait and see' kinda thing. Maybe we'll all love it when it's done. I hope so. However until then I really don't have much to go on to sell me for this project.

Ask me for money later when I'm not feeling like we we're all a bit let down.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Markmaker I have no idea who you are, or why Dreamfuel is so important to a newcomer to the boards, but the reason why I haven't been around here for (what ... 10 months?)is because I have been so ill that I nearly died, and because I was so ill, I haven't been well enough to earn enough to contribute.

Please show less demanding behaviour towards the community. It does come across as patronising, which isn't fair to us or you. Sorry.

Thanks
    Jeez Alesoun. Sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you get better.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alesoun View Post
    Markmaker I have no idea who you are, or why Dreamfuel is so important to a newcomer to the boards, but the reason why I haven't been around here for (what ... 10 months?)is because I have been so ill that I nearly died, and because I was so ill, I haven't been well enough to earn enough to contribute.
    That's terrible. Hope you get better soon!
    *** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Thanks
    2 days left for funding. Not to sure if they will extend it or anything, but if anyone still wants to contribute there is still time.

http://dreamfuel.conceptart.org/proj...-independence/
    Help support CA's future and your own art future, and help Fund

DREAMFUEL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 746 Posts
    You know, I've gone to the funding page several times, and it's such a sticky soup of buzzwords and treacly inspirational quotes, I still have no idea what the heck Dreamfuel is or wants to be when it grows up. Needs crisping.
    I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    Dreamfuel is a viral art, image, and video viewer, as well as a media and promotion control panel. You will be able to access your facebook wall and feeds, view and post tweets, view and broadcast to many social networks simultaneously.
    Dreamfuel opens up the millions of images inside the history of ConceptArt.org so that you can infinite scroll, comment, and critique until your heart is content.
    Dreamfuel also provides you with your very own crowdfunding tools (no more paying Kickstarter or Indiegogo their 3-9 percent), keep your dough. It goes straight to you. No middlemen.
    What I took from all the sanctimonious inspirational mumbo jumbo, it's an all in one independent crowdsourcing/social networking tool.
    Pretty nifty to say the least, just didn't sell it right. It's one of those TL;DR type scenarios where no one can get through all the preaching to properly interpret the message.

*note* The comments section Q/A was pretty informative.
    Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; August 3rd, 2013 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks
    It's too bad it was worded so culty because it had so much more substance than "the social network for dreamers of dreams that dream of dreamy dreams so you can have the dream of your dreams while you dream". It's better than crowdfunding because it provides a digital distribution, a print on demand service including 3d printing and crowdfunding to make sure your project hits the ground running. What a great idea.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    It's probably because lack of awareness for casual CA users and bad timing... I just found out about this today actually and I was almost ready to get excited and then saw "0 days left" and was like...

Owww.

Also... Asking for $75,000... Not that there's anything wrong with it, even with the drama and all but... This is kind of a site where artists go for free information and resources, save for maybe a few donations/funding like the video/downloads we had. If it was promoted outside of CA, maybe there would've been a better chance it would gotten funded. Heck, maybe putting it on Kickstarter would've helped because there are plenty of people on there that would have pledged multiple projects (averaging 25 dollars each) including this one. A lot of art-related projects get crowdfunded there because there are people with wallets on it waiting to see good (sometimes even bad) projects get funded.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Line View Post
    Thanks Black Spot, I haven't seen this, I'll share it from my end. Tho I'm not aiming for comics, being the Devil's
    Advocate can produce results. I'm surprised by the pricing back then. Does anyone have any idea of how close
    these figures are to the actual figures being paid in comics now?
    I'm staring at the image that was posted and I'm baffled by the one on the right. Mostly due to the numbers I at least used to hear... I'm trying to find this old interview from a guy at DH talking about how he can only pay his artists 100-something per page.
    Last edited by velderia; August 8th, 2013 at 12:09 AM.
    Blog Thing: http://www.velda.me/
    Twitter Thing: @velderia

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast