Thanks

Question Artist name advice

-
    Last edited by the-muddy; July 22nd, 2016 at 01:01 PM.
    sketchbook
    facebook | tumblr | art hangouts! (get your friendly ol' bum over here and get arting with us!)

"[...]as we gain facility of hand and travel further afield, we discover that we have a key to unlock the wonders of art and nature, a method of conjuring up forms at will: a sensitive language capable of recording and revealing impressions and beauties of form and structure hidden from the careless eye[...]"
    -Walter Crane, 'Line & Form'

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,558 Times in 2,766 Posts
    Your name is an advantage because it is a lot more unique than Suzie Smith. Which produces thousands of different people with the same name doing the same thing when you search for them on the web. Use your name. I use mine and it isn't easy to pronounce or spell but it doesn't matter if someone searches for something like Armand Cabrera Artist my name will come up with the auto correct in the search engine Get good at what you do and people will learn to spell and pronounce your name correctly.

Thanks
    -
    Last edited by the-muddy; July 22nd, 2016 at 01:02 PM.
    sketchbook
    facebook | tumblr | art hangouts! (get your friendly ol' bum over here and get arting with us!)

"[...]as we gain facility of hand and travel further afield, we discover that we have a key to unlock the wonders of art and nature, a method of conjuring up forms at will: a sensitive language capable of recording and revealing impressions and beauties of form and structure hidden from the careless eye[...]"

Thanks
    I use my real name since it would eventually help me stand out. You could go with Iris Madelina or Iris Madeline if you don't want to use your last name in promos. Or Apostolescu-arts. Either way it will stand out.

Thanks
    -
    Last edited by the-muddy; July 22nd, 2016 at 01:02 PM.
    sketchbook

Thanks
    I struggle with this too... I like signing my screen name Ennex because my first name is very common and my last name, while unique, is complicated and something I am certain I will change through marriage as soon as I am able. It's such a hassle...it gets entered in computer systems wrong ALL the time. I even had to fix my social security card... =\ If I stick with my current partner, my full name will end up being incredibly generic anyways.

I see on your tumblr you use Iris Muddy and that kind of stands out and has a nice ring to it. Or both your first name and middle name are really nice sounding and unique, you could use either and have it still be professional.

Thanks
    Ha! Thanks! Now I just need to complete some pieces...

Thanks
    But if the Gematria of your name is bad, nothing will further.
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Madalina Apostolescu. Your name is lovely and unique. Don't hide it, no matter how difficult it is to pronounce, though I think it has a nice rhythm to it personally. It makes you stand out from the crowd.

There are plenty of artists out there with difficult names and it hasn't caused them any problems. Be proud of your uniqueness, don't hide from it.