Sony VAIO Tap All-In-One - any owners?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Sony VAIO Tap All-In-One - any owners?

Hey Guys & Gals,

Anyone have any experience using one for art? From Amazon reviews, it's more of a room to room device because it weights about 10lbs. Battery life is around five hours when unplugged. Just wonder if it's more accurate then drawing on an iPad?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As far as I'm aware, the Tap All in One doesn't have an active digitizer, so art needs would be pretty much just like using a Ipad. However, most PC art applications are pretty bad with Multi-touch...so you would actually be better off with an Ipad. That's at least if you want to draw on-screen. A more serviceable use of the Sony Vaio Tap would be just to hook a Bamboo or Intuos Tablet to it.

However...the Sony VAIO Duo 11...their convertible tablet does have an N-trig based digitizer system so that would be more sufficient for Art needs. Its possible the Tap all in One also use's N-trig hardware for the touch....but I can't find any confirmation if it would actually support an N-trig pen..but I can say it would not be likely.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Darkmagistric! I was not sure how accurate the All-In-One's digitizer would fair. So far I'm waiting to see how Wacom's Mobile Tablet will cost and work. Also, I've read that Microsoft's Surface Pro is pretty decent with Sketchbook Pro and some other art programs too. But a Haswell version might be coming out sometime soon too.

Stoneseeker is offline pro 2D animator / aspiring illustrator Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The day someone releases a powerful, large "All-in-One" PC with a Wacom digitizer inside is the day that Wacom would be losing a lot of money in Cintiq sales... It would be nice though to have some active digitizer All in Ones...

Members who have read this thread: 2