Art: 2D Flash and After Effects work to show.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking 2D Flash and After Effects work to show.

Hey guys, I'm an animator who's been working in Flash TV production for 6 years now. I've mostly done rough and clean up animation for kids cartoons such as Razzberry Jazzberry Jazz season 1&2, Busy Town Mysteries, Big Bear and Squeak, Lalaloopsy, Where's my Water shorts and one feature film "La Leyenda de la Llorona". I've done some background work, character design, and concept art for some smaller productions as well.
    If any aspiring animators here have any questions regarding the industry let me know! I'll do my best to share any knowledge and info I have accumulated so far.
    The reason I am at conceptart.org is to practice skills to make the move from TV production into more concept art and entertainment design.
    But since I am here I might as well share some random stuff I have done in animation too!

This is a fun little loop I made while inspired one day. I was trying to make an atmospheric painting, moreso than any real animation if that makes sense:

thanks for looking!

*Whoops! Didn't realize the max was 1 video per post, I'll post the rest below.*

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A TV ad/intro for "Heart and Soul" I was commissioned to do. I did everything from start to finish which was a nice change from the regular stuff. Got a bit experimental with it:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A video for a online marketing company explaining the relevance of online video advertising. We had a lot of fun with this. I did all the FX and editing, many backgrounds and props and some of the character animation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Me having a shot at making a animated logo intro for our studio:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And finally some examples of my rough character animation in "Razzberry Jazzberry Jam":

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last video of the post it's just outstanding, love the flow of the cartoons. Nice work and continue!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks man! Nice to get some feedback. That show was a blast to work on, we did 2 seasons and it was one of the few shows I've worked on for TV that really placed importance on the quality of animation. Sadly, so many of the shows we work on now are so tween-y, and there is no room to make your scenes shine.

It seems CA's animation forum is pretty dead. Was it ever more active, or is it just not many animators come here?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneseeker View Post
    It seems CA's animation forum is pretty dead. Was it ever more active, or is it just not many animators come here?
    I just got here myself so I don't know, but I'm all for reviving it!

Nice job on these videos, by the way. Really dig the Razzberry Jazzberry Jam thing. Nice. With the first piece (fellow in the rain) I think it might be just slightly improved if you had some subtle breathing going on as well. It stays so still (minus the effects) that it starts to look like a statue. Just a tiny bit of chest movement would keep it consistently alive.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just got here myself so I don't know, but I'm all for reviving it!

Nice job on these videos, by the way. Really dig the Razzberry Jazzberry Jam thing. Nice. With the first piece (fellow in the rain) I think it might be just slightly improved if you had some subtle breathing going on as well. It stays so still (minus the effects) that it starts to look like a statue. Just a tiny bit of chest movement would keep it consistently alive.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Agreed. I may go back and add more movement sometime. I initially built him pretty limited, so I may have to go in and break him apart a bit to make him breathe without looking terrible.

thanks for the feedback! Anywhere I can check out your stuff?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! I got a CA header feature?? Sweet, thanks! I didn't think my Razz Jazz work would be interesting to anyone since its just everyday work on a kids show for me. Perhaps sometime I'll find time to post some of my better work from other more recent shows I've worked on as well. For now here is some very old clips from some experiments in Flash and After Effects, most of it is classical frame by frame. It's fun to look back at my older stuff and see where I've improved since.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the feedback! Anywhere I can check out your stuff?
    I feel like I don't have much to show, ha ha. I've spent the last 10 years doing really limited style stuff which is not what I hope to spend the next 10 years on. But you can see all that at http://www.FredtheMonkey.com if you'd like. I don't get to stretch my animation wings with those, though, since they are mostly about the jokes and I'm doing them all myself which means it takes forever and I generally rush the actual animation.

There's probably more of an example of my tradition stuff inside the tutorials at AnimatorIsland.com to be honest.

I'm really digging the Monkey-Rocket clip you posted! Very nicely done. Any plans to take it to a final form and ink/color it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by J K Riki View Post
    I feel like I don't have much to show, ha ha. I've spent the last 10 years doing really limited style stuff which is not what I hope to spend the next 10 years on. But you can see all that at http://www.FredtheMonkey.com if you'd like. I don't get to stretch my animation wings with those, though, since they are mostly about the jokes and I'm doing them all myself which means it takes forever and I generally rush the actual animation.

There's probably more of an example of my tradition stuff inside the tutorials at AnimatorIsland.com to be honest.

I'm really digging the Monkey-Rocket clip you posted! Very nicely done. Any plans to take it to a final form and ink/color it?
    cool. Yeah, most of my work for TV isn't stuff I'm super proud of either. It's hard to score traditional jobs these days. Flash tweenyness dominates.

The monkey rocket clip was a independent project one of the studios I worked at was doing for a while. It was a series of biblical themed shorts completely classically animated in Flash (except for a head comp, otherwise every frame redrawn when moving...) Here's an example of a finished one:
    http://youtu.be/ynrSBD8t_dc ( I wasn't involved in this one)
    It got canned for other projects and lack of funds.

Members who have read this thread: 5