2014 - Sheridan College (Animation, Illustration and Game Design) Hopefuls - Page 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 - Sheridan College (Animation, Illustration and Game Design) Hopefuls

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone
    i have a question and i will be appreciated if you help me .
    Does Sheridan have a program for 3D artists? (specifically 3D modeling). i'v searched it's website but i couldn't find any .

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I remember last year the 2013 students had a facebook group! Is there anything like that for the 2014 applicants? I reallllllly need a roommate, and was wondering if anyone was looking into getting a room as well? Anyone? Anyone???

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think 3D is weaved into the course a little bit. Like they teach you how to use Maya and stuff.
    But I think last year they also came up with an add-on program (one extra year after your fourth) to really focus on game design, 3D and more specific technical stuff.
    Mostly, Sheridan's view on animation is: Focus on structure, become a good draftsman, and you can learn new technology when you have all the fundamentals. That's why most of the technical stuff you learn is later in the course.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misso For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's a post-grad program on 3d character animation. The bachelor degree program is mostly focused on 2D animation and only touches the topic of 3d very lightly. Looking at what my roommates are doing one of them is working on his demo reel consisting of 3d animation for internship purposes. Basically you end up teaching yourself a lot about using the 3D program to animate yourself, though the principles of animation in itself are taught at school and the teachers are more than willing to help you out whether it may be 3D animation or not because the principle of animation is always there whether drawing or doing it in a program.

I believe the facebook group gets started later after people get accepted into the program I am not really sure who decides to create the group, so that beats me.

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazel33t For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! I am applying for BA also as an international, hopefully I'll be able to post stuff when i'm not working or busy. (just a lurker)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alrighty. If no one creates a facebook group by then, I will do just that. I live in Vancouver and going to Ontario scares me because apparently weather there freezes your tears. I'll need some roomies to keep me warm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by misso View Post
    I live in Vancouver and going to Ontario scares me because apparently weather there freezes your tears.
    The area around the lake isn't that bad: over the four years I spent in Toronto, I have never cared to wear gloves.

Grinnikend door het leven...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alrighty. If no one creates a facebook group by then, I will do just that. I live in Vancouver and going to Ontario scares me because apparently weather there freezes your tears. I'll need some roomies to keep me warm
    its the middle of the country you have to be scared of, ontario is harmless. *shudders* Alberta...

DeviantArt <<<<<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey wats up everyone!! im new to the forms would like to join in on this conversation lol I guess ill tell u guys a bit about my self, I applied to Sheridan for illustration 2 times now and still never got in hopefully the third time the charm! ive attended a semester at YorkU didn't want to go to fundies ahah, and im currently at OCAD for illustration. for the drawing test do the drawing have to be on a blank 8x11 sheet or can we use toned paper as well?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heeelllooooo everyone
    I've been on and off this site for like the past month but never really posted anything XD
    good luck to everyone! hopefully we make it through

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys I'm a bit confuse! when is the deadline for animation? for portfolios!
    and as an international applicant do I need to post it or is there another option?

thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mahyjooon View Post
    hey guys I'm a bit confuse! when is the deadline for animation? for portfolios!
    and as an international applicant do I need to post it or is there another option?

thanks
    Us international students have to physically mail in our portfolios and they have to be sent by the 14th of February (as per the instructions on the portfolio requirements PDF). All the information is on that document so be sure to read it carefully!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I've been working on my portfolio, and this is some of what I have so far (except for my object drawings, which were too large to scan in).

Notes:

Hands still need to be done again to make them look more fleshy and human.
    Expressions need to be re-done for line quality.
    Storyboard, obviously is rough. 3rd frame needs to be reframed to fit his whole body (my teacher told me it'd be wise to show them I can do the whole body at least once). Also, the ratio needs to be changed to fit the widescreen panels.
    3/4 back rotation is missing, and needs to be done.

Also, my rotation scanned in weird so it looks like I drew them at inconsistent heights/sizes (I didn't!)

anyway, the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/isq7zihm544u0hk/z5OaCAu0E1

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Keyframes Podcast!

Hey all! I hope everyones portfolios are coming along well!

My name is Matthew Ramirez, and I am currently a first year in the Animation program! I wanted to pop into this thread because I remember how helpful this site was for me when I was making my portfolio last year, and I wanted to return the favour!

My friends and I started a podcast series a while back, and we dedicated the latest episode entirely to helping out all of the 2014 - 2018 hopefuls! We go through each section of the portfolio and offer the advice we were given from those helpful enough last year, share our experiences when creating our portfolios, and just try to do the best we can to helping each of you out!

We wish you all the best of luck! You can do it!

TheKeyframesPodcast
    StudioMongoose

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha winter should be ok for a vancourverian.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone! I'm Rita, an 18 year old from Portugal, I'm applying to the animation program this year as well

I need help! I already completed and payed my application but I havent got any info about the portfolio characters! Did you guys get it by mail...? Also, are you guys able to create an AcessSheridan account??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys! I'm 19 and currently going to YorkU but I'm working on my portfolio to get into the animation program! I'll probably post some of my stuff later since I just joined like 2 seconds ago. Good luck to everyone, and I hope we can all get in

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Salutations fellow applicants I am inquiring about details regarding the hand drawings. I am in the process of said drawing and I don't know the extent of construction lines that should be included. I have a fair amount of them and they are quite sketchy. I plan on making my lines super clean but I'm wondering if you guys think that the construction lines should be cleaned up as well.
    much regards,
    Shrimp

P.s. I don't have a very good scanner and the construction lines don't show up well in photos.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is it just me or is this thread a lot deader than it was last year?

And hey shrimp, just include enough structure to show that you know how the hand works in 3D space. If it's super messy you can just trace over the main lines and draw nice structure in after you've done cleaning them up. The construction shouldn't outweigh the outlines

DeviantArt <<<<<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jesshop View Post
    Is it just me or is this thread a lot deader than it was last year?

And hey shrimp, just include enough structure to show that you know how the hand works in 3D space. If it's super messy you can just trace over the main lines and draw nice structure in after you've done cleaning them up. The construction shouldn't outweigh the outlines
    I agree, jesshop. I was just lurking last year, but I think that the thread had twice as many posts by this time. I think that the Ritual Sacrifice group has been answering a bunch of questions and could have answered questions that people would have usually posted to this thread? That or the applicants this year are less social. Could also be that every is so busy drawing, I know I am.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been lurking, but yeah my hands are pretty full with portfolio and other work at the moment. I'm nearly done with my portfolio though! Just gotta spend another few days putting it all together and stressing over every minutiae before sending it up to the Great White North - and crossing my fingers for the next two months. Can't wait until it's out of my hands though haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, gang! I just got an email saying I was accepted into art fundamentals. Looks like I'll be going to Sheridan one way or the other this fall, hopefully I'll get accepted into animation though. Anyone else apply/get accepted to fundies?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I'm back to try again this year too.. Taking graphic design right now and it is not very muchfun... I'm applying for animation and game design again.. Glad that the portfolio requirements are the same as last year's for animation, I know what I need to focus on. Sucks that it's due a week earlier than last year though

Last edited by xDrawnxtoxDeathx; February 2nd, 2014 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by onupa View Post
    Hey, gang! I just got an email saying I was accepted into art fundamentals. Looks like I'll be going to Sheridan one way or the other this fall, hopefully I'll get accepted into animation though. Anyone else apply/get accepted to fundies?
    I took fundies last year, I applied and got into VCA though!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrii
    I've been lurking, but yeah my hands are pretty full with portfolio and other work at the moment. I'm nearly done with my portfolio though! Just gotta spend another few days putting it all together and stressing over every minutiae before sending it up to the Great White North - and crossing my fingers for the next two months. Can't wait until it's out of my hands though haha
    Don't stress scrii! I creeped your DA and you've got nothing to worry about! Although I do the same thing, I think I've redone my character rotation like 5 times already and I refuse to finish anything because it's not perfect hahaha

DeviantArt <<<<<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jesshop View Post
    Don't stress scrii! I creeped your DA and you've got nothing to worry about! Although I do the same thing, I think I've redone my character rotation like 5 times already and I refuse to finish anything because it's not perfect hahaha
    Ah thank you!! Haha gosh I feel my portfolio is so subpar though, I'm so nervous. Your stuff is super awesome too, wow that storyboard panel *-* I'd definitely say you have nothing to worry about either!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not applying to Sheridan but reading through this thread is making me rout for you guys! I am from Toronto so I might try to get in in the future. Go CA people!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Due date is coming up, thought I would share one of my personal pieces since I've finished it. Your opinions are welcome.

Name:  midnightSnackSmall.png
Views: 342
Size:  803.0 KB

There are a couple of places in the line art that I want to fix up since some colours beneath it lighten the lines. This is also my first attempt at anything resembling lighting, and I think it turned out pretty decent.

I'll be trying to share more things here as I do them, let's get this art train going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya! I like the earthy warm glow of it! Really really lovely framing. And your guy looks stoic roastin that pincer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRook51 View Post
    I didn't watch the videos yet but looking at pictures of people passed out on the floor is already so reassuring.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't watch the videos yet but looking at pictures of people passed out on the floor is already so reassuring.
    And that's the experience that we are all fighting for. Yes. I want that.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 269