Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringling College of Art and Design 2014 Hopefuls

Thanks

Ringling College of Art and Design 2014 Hopefuls

Hey guys, so I'm not sure if it's considered too soon for me to start up this thread, but I just couldn't help myself! I'm so excited to be a hopeful for the 2014-2015 year, and decided "alright, let's just get this thread rolling!"

So, here is a link to the previous 2013 Hopefuls thread: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=249040

If you don't know about Ringling College of Art and Design you can visit their website over here: http://www.ringling.edu/

So, yeah! Any hopefuls around here?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hello there!
    It's not too soon to start thinking about your Porfolio, so work on it!
    I was goona apply to CA last year but i ended not applying due to i'm graduating from college(Multimedia engineering) at the end of this year, so yeah, i'm applying for CA for next fall semester (2014)!!

Thanks
    Ohh, nice!

And yeah, working super hard on my portfolio! I'm gonna be applying for CA as well.

Thanks
    Greetings guys, i was starting to wonder anyone would start this soon. I was a CA 2013 hopeful and unfortunately i didnt get in. But im willing to give it one more try before i give up lol im planning to re-work the entire portfolio. how are your portfolios?

Thanks
    Hello there! Yeah, it definitely wouldn't hurt to give it another try and apply again.

I only have two pieces in my portfolio so far that I'm happy with. Of course I gotta come up with some more work.
    I've been drawing every day, and am starting to get the hang of oil painting.

I've been debating on whether or not I should take a life drawing class again. I took one in the fall of 2012 at my community college. I was thinking of taking it again this fall, and explained this to my previous life drawing teacher since I wanted to take his class again. And he said he thought it would be a waste of time since I've already taken it. He of course didn't mind if I took it with him again, he was completely okay with it. (it's also the only place in my area where I can work with nude models) I was just thinking maybe it'd be great to take the class again and maybe I can get some great nude pieces to add to my portfolio. xD So, idk. Still thinking about it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shybox92 View Post
    Hello there! Yeah, it definitely wouldn't hurt to give it another try and apply again.

I only have two pieces in my portfolio so far that I'm happy with. Of course I gotta come up with some more work.
    I've been drawing every day, and am starting to get the hang of oil painting.

I've been debating on whether or not I should take a life drawing class again. I took one in the fall of 2012 at my community college. I was thinking of taking it again this fall, and explained this to my previous life drawing teacher since I wanted to take his class again. And he said he thought it would be a waste of time since I've already taken it. He of course didn't mind if I took it with him again, he was completely okay with it. (it's also the only place in my area where I can work with nude models) I was just thinking maybe it'd be great to take the class again and maybe I can get some great nude pieces to add to my portfolio. xD So, idk. Still thinking about it.
    Well from what others have told me in the past, you don't really need NUDE in your portfolio, but I say it wouldn't hurt to take more life drawing class. Perhaps you can ask your instructor to give you different assignments if you already took it once, or maybe you can take life drawing 2 if your school has it. Either way just draw a lot. Right now im sorta struggle with my portfolio a bit. only months away

Thanks
    Hey guys! Glad to see this thread now up and running... I guess the one last year kind of died off towards the end. Anyways, as I've done the last few years (jeez it's going too fast!) I'm now a rising junior in CA, so let me know if you guys have any questions

Thanks
    Glad to see the Ringling Hopefuls thread tradition is still going 8) I'm a rising senior in Game Art & Design (aka GAD), but I know a lot about all the majors and the school in general for anyone who has questions. Since I'm a senior, you guys will be the first incoming class that I won't be at Ringling for 8C So sad. I goes by fast, so take advantage of your years here while you can!

Thanks
    Hello everyone ! Thanks for starting this thread ! I was really glad I found it after pre college. I am applying for illustration . I only have a couple pieces in my portfolio so far . I plan on going to figure drawing classes , cafe drawing , and the zoo for my life drawing pieces.

Thanks
    HEY! I was on last years hopefuls thread, and I got in!
    so yeah, this fall I start the process of becoming a Game Art and design Major with a business of art and design minor.
    I'll try to update you guys on how everything goes as the year progresses. Orientation for us is in roughly two weeks. trust me guys the time is going to fly by like you wouldn't believe. obviously i don't know too much about the school yet, but if you have any questions, i'll be sure to try and help out if i can. First it's going to drag super slow, but before you know it, you'll be coming back to concept art telling the next group of hopefuls about the experience.

you are going to hear it a lot over the next few months- but draw from life- then try and tell a story with your pieces. draw all the time, everyday if you can- and you'll be well on your way!
    Fudge this AWESOME place!!!

My SKETCHBOOK: please critique! i can take it!

To limit one's maximum knowledge is to maximize one's limits.

Sanity is wasted on the boring.

Thanks
    I got in last year for CA. I can't go but if anyone needs any help with portfolio or critique or anything, just ask. I'd be happy to help. I know how stressful it is applying to colleges.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by themegagod View Post
    HEY! I was on last years hopefuls thread, and I got in!
    so yeah, this fall I start the process of becoming a Game Art and design Major with a business of art and design minor.
    I'll try to update you guys on how everything goes as the year progresses. Orientation for us is in roughly two weeks. trust me guys the time is going to fly by like you wouldn't believe. obviously i don't know too much about the school yet, but if you have any questions, i'll be sure to try and help out if i can. First it's going to drag super slow, but before you know it, you'll be coming back to concept art telling the next group of hopefuls about the experience.

you are going to hear it a lot over the next few months- but draw from life- then try and tell a story with your pieces. draw all the time, everyday if you can- and you'll be well on your way!
    I hope time speeds up .if it goes any slower I will die of boredom . I'm doing my half finished still lifes from precollege to pass the time and I hate still lifes .. When is everything due for other majors excluding ca? is it just rolling admissions for other majors ? so basicly we can turn portfolio and application in before next year's application starts?
    I know that 2014-2015 school year app starts on september the 1st.

Thanks
    I’m thinking of starting a sketchbook on this site, because I’d really like to get some critiques on my work so far.
    Apart from that, I’m quite nervous about how my transcript will look.
    I currently attend a community college, and MAYBE I’m just over thinking things and stressing myself out for no reason…but I wanted to know what you all think. Am I just stressing out for no reason, or could this hurt my chances with acceptance? Because I’m aware that grades play a huge role, obviously it shows how you’re willing to work hard.

I’m just gonna make a list of how the transcript looks. I started classes on January 2012.
    Jan 2012 (semester): A, B, and 2 withdrawls.
    Summer 2012: F (in a math class)
    Fall 2012: A, and a D (when I took the math class for a 2nd time)
    January 2013: C, C (when I took math for a 3rd time, as you can tell, math is a big weakness of mine), and 1 withdrawl.
    Summer: A
    And my current GPA listed is a 3.4
    And this fall, I am taking 4 classes. I have no intention of dropping any of them. If I’m being honest with myself, the reason why I never took many classes at a time and only stuck with 1 or 2 in the past was because of pure laziness. But I’m a little worried how this would look, especially with repeating that math class 3 times. And those withdrawls. I completely understand it's my fault for making it look like this. I DON'T KNOW, maybe I'm over thinking things, but this does bother me...I'm hoping any of you could share your thoughts?

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast