Sketches
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketches

I have a personal project I would like to pitch on Kickstarter. I need some sketches and eventually some storyboards and maybe down the line a colored image or two.

You can read a bit more about it here http://www.stormvisions.com/pages/mu...tory-beats.php

an artist from DeviantArt (Chelsea Conlin) did this for me some time back

doesn't have to be this clean, but good enough for presentation.

This will be work for hire and piece work - meaning I don't have much cash so when I have a bit of money left on payday I'll order a sketch.

For starters I have $40 for a couple quick sketches of the figurehead holding the lantern. No need to shade, in fact even blue pencil would be good. The prow needs to look less cute. The story is a symbolic journey that defines hope. In the story the girl will represent the loving hope of a young mother, the child the trusting hope of children, and the ship will represent the masculine version of hope, perhaps determined, 'looking far', etc. Probably large eyes are best to represent how hope sees its way through dark places. Don't worry about the rest of the ship (it'll be something like the example) or the girl and boy (I want them to look a little more ethnically universal if that is possible) just some concepts for the figurehead. Perhaps a horse or dog like sea creature might be better at portraying the human emotion? I tried a few rough dragon ideas but they lacked the emotional warmth I was looking for but that might just be my lack in the character design arena.

I also have a license for the electronic Pro version of Filter Forge which I earned (for creating a few filters that became popular). The company has confirmed that I can assign the product to anyone and they can download it directly from their site. The product's regular price is $399 but they have run specials of 50% to 70% off so I will set its value at $100 if someone is willing to accept that for payment along with the $40 then let me know.

Finally if you are willing to consider giving me a special price in exchange for a greater payment if I am eventually able to fund the Kickstarter project let me know ie so you tell me "I'll usually do rough sketches like this _____ for $40 but I'll charge you $20 and if the Kickstarter project is successfully funded you will pay me X $" or work with me in some other way to help me get this work done then I'd like to hear about it.

I realize this may a bit out there but let me know what you think.

Last edited by bupaje; July 2nd, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    do you have an email address?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can PM me on this forum or use my feedback form here http://www.stormvisions.com/pages/help/contact.php if you like.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh ok. just an fyi, you have it set up where you can't accept pm on this forum, in case you need to change the setting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by draw the line View Post
    just an fyi, you have it set up where you can't accept pm on this forum...
    Thank you settings adjusted.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have chosen an artist. Thanks very much to all those who applied. The quality of the artists here on conceptart.org makes choosing just one pretty tough.

Members who have read this thread: 2