Thanks

Red face Need some help, please?

Hello users. I'm kinda new to this site but I need some help. One of my college professors is requiring us to interview a professional artist in our field of interest(s) (mine being fine art, conceptual & character art, digital painting, and 3d character art), and he pushed up the due date to this coming Wednesday. At this point, I'm kind of in a crunch. Many of the artists that I have been able to find the emails to have yet to respond and I am getting fairly anxious.

Basically, I need help. I need to interview any willing artist in order to not fail this assignment. I would normally be a little bit more choosey in who I'd want to interview, but since there is a grade attached to this as well as a due date, I cannot afford that luxury. Know that I would absolutely love to get to interview ANY professional artist simply because I am interested in pursuing a career in art, and that I would love to get the chance to ask a pro questions without feeling like it was just for a grade(which it's not).

If there is a anyone, any artist at all, that reads this that can find the kindness to help me out before Wednesday, I would be extremely thankful.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,362 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Pretty much every working professional hates this assignment. Show your teacher this:
    http://phenomena.nationalgeographic....ence-teachers/

Specifically the part that reads:

It’s great that you are looking for new ways for your students to do research and learn about science. But having them send emails to scientists and writers has failure stitched into its very concept. Writers are perpetually scrambling to meet deadlines and pitch new stories. Scientists have full plates as well, between their research, their eternal quest for the next grant, and their teaching. To answer a single email from a student–either in the form of a long list of questions or just an open-ended plea for help–takes a lot of time. We may respond to the first few emails we get, but as they keep pouring in, we tend to burn out. And the more popular this becomes as a pedagogical tool, the more emails students will be sending to scientists and writers. And that makes people burn out even faster. It doesn’t seem fair to the students for their grade to depend on whether they get a reply from their email. Even the most polite email may land in the inbox of someone who decided long ago never to respond to such requests.
    It's written for science teachers and students but artists are just as busy and just as frustrated by hundreds of students mailing them every semester. Even if you do get your interview send this to your teacher so they stop doing this because eventually it's going to be really hard to find artists willing to answer the exact same dumb interview questions and people are going to fail their assignment even though they did nothing wrong.
    *** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Facebook is the best way to get in touch with artists these days I've found. Chances are that they might be annoyed at you though. Your best bet is to maybe try a local artist who doesn't get so many requests like this.

Thanks
    I agree fully with both of you. I just hope that my professor sees the light of this concept. My grade in this class is dependent on this assignment 2 times during the semester, so I'd like to see this one get removed.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.