Tell me about using projectors
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tell me about using projectors

The title basically explains it all; I would like to know about projectors. I want to start working on larger canvases and I am looking into various image transfer methods. I initially looked into projectors first, but when I looked around on various online retail sites (Dick Blick, Cheap Joe's, etc.) there seemed to be mixed reviews on how well most, if not all, projectors performed. I don't really feel like spending a fairly large amount of money on something and then not having it work as I would need it to. I suppose that my questions would be...

Do you use a projector frequently when doing paintings? Which one do you use and/or recommend? What are the upsides and downsides that you experience when using a projector?

If you do NOT use a projector, then what method do you personally use for transferring small images onto larger canvases? What method do you prefer and why? Why did you shy away from using a projector?

Writing this close to my bedtime, so thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Surely there would be somebody around these parts that has at least some experience with projectors... right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I usually draw the size of my canvas, either directly on canvas, or on paper, using good old carbon paper to transfer. I have no idea why people start too small and then need tools to transfer...

Grinnikend door het leven...

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,883 Times in 2,355 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It depends on how big you want to make the final image. A good Buhl opaque projector will cost you a 1500 USD. Remember if you can't draw it without it, it won't help you really other than to make little bad drawings big bad drawings.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.