Metadata
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Metadata

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Metadata

Couldn't find a thread about this, surprisingly, so I'll just go ahead and make this.

I am about this close to banging my head against the desk about this case. To keep it short, I'm anal about posting my work online while unsure about whether my metadata is implemented in the files. Why? 'Cause I'm paranoid about art thieves.** I've searched and researched about metadata and the tools available for reading and editing it. Even the role it could play in court. Say I couldn't rely on my budget to cover expenses on copyrighting my all of my work(I do ALOT of drawing), what else could I do to cover my ass? I know the copyright is made as soon as I've made the artwork to begin with, but I feel that's not enough to stick. I don't have Adobe Bridge or ACDSee Pro to ensure my metadata is within my files and the only other capable open-source browser, digiKam, is basically broken to all hell unless you're running Linux. My only best bet is Picasa but it falls so INCREDIBLY short on the case of metadata. So with this in mind, I ask:

Do y'all care about metadata in your artwork/photos of your art? If so, what do you do with it? How do you manage with it?? Do you even manage your work to some degree??

**: I'd rather this not turn into a discussion about whether my art is good enough to steal or not, thanks.

P.R.I.D.E.

Professional
    Results
    In
    Daily
    Efforts

Learn it. Live it. Love it.
    [/CENTER]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you are paranoid about it post only when the work has served it's purpose.I have tons of stack of papers full of unfinished concepts. I don't share these.Copyright law is ancient man!This law is as useless as don't make bird sounds in Miami. If you have good ideas, you hide the formula and only show the result.I don't see the harm. If you are copied say thank you for liking me.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.