Sketchbook: Portfolio Sketchbook

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Portfolio Sketchbook

This is going to be where I shall put up all of my artwork both traditional, digital and photo-graphical. Some of my stuff may be considered NSFW so here is your warning and all of my artwork is updated to other art websites as well to prevent thievery or being called a theif.
    I hope to make a lot of friends and grow as an Artist
    Niko

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RemnantOfDreams; April 16th, 2014 at 09:06 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reminds me a little bit of an artist called Kamirah, dunno if you've heard of her. It'd be cool to see you play with color a little bit, I think. Can't tell a lot from something like this, but I cannot wait to see more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You didn't even draw that...it's just a colored base by the DA user DancingKitten mentioned.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have no idea what you are talking about @rainingdarkness, if you dont think I drew that I can easily post the sketch of the drawing before I colored it. Though honestly I don't have to prove anything to people like you.
    @DancingKitten I cannot say I have heard of that person though I'm sure they are a great artist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now, I don't mean for this to come off as accusatory, but I did poke around a little bit, and I found summat.

Sorry it's a screenshot of an edit of a screenshot, I can't load flash games.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  120.3 KB
    You've got to admit, they do look kind of similar!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It has been colored in about fifty billion times by different people. I know you didn't draw it because I've seen it all over the place before.
    http://www.tineye.com/search/45e50fd...845e2913a2cdc/

You didn't draw this one, either.
    http://earthstarthekitty.deviantart....itty-363937146

Thanks
    Thanked 5,477 Times in 3,686 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sorry, but that is not an oil painting. Please stop kidding yourself and knuckle down to learn.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ummm i think I know what kind of stuff I used when I made that painting, it might not be any fancy shit that professionals use but it is still my work and I am proud of it because a dear friend asked me to paint him a dragon fly and gave me a specific kind he wanted done

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I find it hard to believe you can perfectly render an oil painting with stunning accuracy to color, light, and form, yet all of your other pieces seem to lack such merits.

Also, it's clearly a Photoshop filter.

Source image: Name:  theft.png
Views: 89
Size:  277.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Either you're a troll or delusional, most of the people here who are professional artists (like me) can tell the difference between an oil and digital painting, the dragon fly is a digital painting if you even call it that.... (you've obviously used a filter) So please, don't think you're going to fool anyone with that.

Also, like the poster said above me, buckle down and get serious about your art, or stay on Deviantart. This is NOT the place for traces, bases, or filtered works.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kippin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    They're digital oils, obviously. If you thought water-based oils were revolutionary, CA, these are going to blow your mind. They even come with that amazing oil paint smell (it's a small bottle of fragrance you purchase for $5 extra that sits beside your tablet)

Sketchbook

NaidyBlack SpotEyestrainVK

“This is [...] where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares.” --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, I'm with the others here. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but that dragonfly is a wallpaper that you've tossed a filter over. As in, that was the exact wallpaper on a netbook that I borrowed. A quick browse through some of DeviantART's anime bases will pull up a number of the ones you've used. I'm honestly not sure what you are trying to gain here, this sort of tracing won't teach you anything, and most of the images you've chosen aren't particularly good, so it's not as if you'd be impressing the people here. I really hope you get serious and post some of your own work, the people here are lovely, and even if you aren't much good, everyone I've seen around would be happy to help you out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am posting my own work! I'm sorry if you people don't believe me but I honestly don't freakin care I don't even know what you are talking about when you say all this shit about digitalized oil paint so instead of just assuming shit how about believing me because guess what? I don't even fucking own anything to do something like put a filter over a picture, and you know why it's similair to that picture? Because that is the one they wanted me to paint oh and another thing, someone can easily be good at painting but not so good at drawing so how about ya'll stop being trolls

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I assure you, nobody here is trolling. You can put a filter over an image with GIMP, a free program. Moreover, there is no filter that can perfectly mimic an oil painting. It's always going to be possible to tell. You've implied there's a money issue when you said "it might not be any fancy shit that professionals use"
    but to get anywhere near that level of color accuracy, you'd need a full set of paints, which would be more expensive than a free digital editing program. Additionally, looking at that image compared to the others, there is absolutely no way you used the same scanner. Also, you claim that you don't need to be able to draw to be able to paint? Perhaps so, in a sense. However, your drawings do not show any of the understanding of certain fundamentals that would be essential to a painting like that. Nobody here can give you any meaningful advice or critique (or even complements!) if you aren't posting your own work. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, I'm sure everyone who has pared in this thread would be please to see you post some figure drawings, or even anime drawings that you've done yourself. Additionally, you've claimed that posting the 'sketch' proves you drew something? What if you posted something with your construction lines on it? As these are, it looks an awful lot like they were traces from finished images, and to be honest, that does not suggest you have a good understanding of construction or form.

Last edited by DancingKitten; June 13th, 2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Hit post early.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should really stop joking with these people. This is not the place to fool around. You should care what they say, because their advice is precious. Just by browsing these forums you can learn so much, if you want to of course. If you can't appreciate that, well... I'm sorry for you.

Members who have read this thread: 1