Character of the Week #328
Guardian of the Crystal
Deadline - Sunday, June 16 10PM GMT
At the center of the Earth, it is believed that only molten stone exists. However, there are people who have traveled to the center and returned to tell the tale of what they saw, only to be shrugged off by scientists and theorists. What truly lies down there is some sort of being, dressed in elegant clothing, standing watch of an enormous crystal. The crystal pulsates as if it is the heart beat of the planet. Some people say they saw this being attached to the crystal, others say it was just standing there next to it. The crystal's color that these people have seen was always different. Perhaps what they see is a reflection of their being, like a metaphor. The one consistent thing is that the guardian is of flesh with smaller crystals growing from it.
This week, we want you to design the guardian and the crystal he/she is watching over. Think about the use of color and what it means.
- Can be male or female.
- Crystals MUST be growing from the guardian.
- Research what colors represent, and reflect that into the design and attitude or the guardian.(EX: Red could mean anger, so if the crystal is red, then have the guardian appear angry.)
- NO NUDES!
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the character must be visible
- Sketches or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll
- No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work
- At least two wips posted with your final in the finals thread
- Background is optional
- Have fun!