Art: Where in the world should I work?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Where in the world should I work?

Hi there, I know most of the topics here are about animation techniques, portfolio reviews, work ethics and all but I hope this is still related.
    I want to know what you guys here think is the best country to work in as an animator and why? I have my own criteria of what makes a great animation hub but I want to know your opinions on it too.

I'm currently an animation trainee living in Malaysia (South East Asian region) and I'm curious to hear how possible it is for a future beginning animator to find jobs overseas. Hope you could help. Would appreciate your knowledge and time very much.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, so nobody in this vast, diverse, artistic community can help me with this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe that is because of the way you formulated it!? There is no best country or best place. There is one for you though! But that..my friend.. only you know!

What kind of animation are you into? What are your specialty's? Do you think there are countries where it's an advantage being Malaysian? Do you speak Mandarin? I'm not in the business but I know that only you can decide what is the best place for you.Do you want money? Do you want to have stability? And so much more! If you don't care about much money, do you want to work in a small company or a big one with no soul? Its all for you to answer! Else find a writer or write a script yourself and pitch a short.When you know what you want and you have something to show and you meet someone at a film-festival, you also know if you are what they are looking for.Be creative! Animation business is still booming!

Last edited by Gibier; June 6th, 2013 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm an animator in Canada. I love living here and working here. Aside from that, I can't offer advice on working else where. Never did it.

Members who have read this thread: 1