View Poll Results: (READ MY INITIAL POST FOR THIS THREAD TO KNOW THE QUESTION FOR THIS POLL)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • I'll read the story first, then I'll let you know my answer

0 0%
  • Sci-fi horror is not my cup of tea

0 0%
  • No

3 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Exclamation Poll for You Artistic Sci-fi Horror Fans Out There!

Hi everyone. I couldn't fit the entire question in the poll, so it is instead at the end of this post. Before I pop the question though, let me give you an idea of what I have in mind. (Stick with me; it will pay off):

I am just about done with my project, which I've been working on for a long time. This project is (so far,) made up of two literary works, joining together to create a story of science fiction horror. This story, however, is not a "story" in a traditional sense. Unlike the usual "beginning-development-ending" closed format we are all use to, the two combined literary works are open-ended enough to form a self-contained literary universe, which can constantly be built upon. This is where YOU come in.

You read the story and then let your creativity fill in the blanks. It doesn't matter whether it is a drawing, painting, short story, etc., once you are finished, sign your work to let anyone who looks at it know that it is obviously yours, and then submit it to the website where it can be voted on. After receiving a certain number of "like" votes, AND if it fits within the story's universe with no noticeable conflict to the canon, the work becomes part of the story's official universe.

Now here's the part where I say: HOWEVER, due to a lot of legal mumbo jumbo, I had no real choice but to copyright the two stories and the series itself. Meaning: If you hope to create profitable work that is based off the universe's canon, you will have to contact me for licensing. ONLY nonprofitable work becomes part of the story's official universe.

HERE ME OUT!

When your properly submitted nonprofitable work becomes part of the official canon, you can experience the following benefits:

• The work’s creator will be mentioned in the credits of a profitable finished product, whenever the creator’s work is used within that said product

• Your work will become officially part of the universe's history

• If have a website of other artwork and/or a method of contact, I will add it to the 'Links' page

• Your work will likely become the basis and standard for many other artistic minds

• The artistic reputation can become a great addition to your portfolio

• Bragging rights

So, to the poll's question:

Would you create something for a science fiction horror universe, which you cannot profit off of without licensing, but will likely experience benefits from?

Last edited by FSArbolaez; May 22nd, 2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 473 Posts
    So let me get this straight...

I get bragging rights AND credit for the work I do for you (for free) AND you get to own it all?
    WOW, man! Sounds like an amazing idea to me.

I've always been trying to find a way to get bragging rights and credit for my own art. Ah, and to be able to inspire other artists, that's also important. I'd never be able to do that on my own projects, so this is a great opportunity.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dusty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I forgot to add, if participants have a website of their other artwork and/or a method of contact, I would add it to the 'Links' page. Basically, I don't just want the public to become more engaged in my story, but I also want them to discover the artists that help me out.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,521 Times in 2,459 Posts
    Ive a poll for you, imagine if you will that youre a shopkeeper, and someone walked into your shop and said "hello, if you give me all the items from your shop I want, for free, you can brag about giving them to me" would you allow it?

Quote Originally Posted by FSArbolaez View Post
    HERE ME OUT!
    Hear me out; pay people for their work.
    Youre the latest in a very long line of people who've come sniffing around trying to scam artists into completing their unheard-of projects for "bragging rights" but no actual money.
    Get real.
    Why wouldnt they just work on their own universes and cut you and your licensing out?

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; May 23rd, 2013 at 09:53 AM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm not trying to scam people. I'd like to help other artists, but I have very little money to do so. I actually wanted to do this project much differently, but legal matters muddled much of my plans. Though I now own the copyrights to the series, I want the people who discover it also discover the participants who get involved. Despite having a bunch of legal obstacles and very little money, I'm still trying to find other ways to benefit the artists who help me out.

Thanks
    What was your answer to my poll?

Thanks
    I'm not asking you to do all of the work just to have me benefit completely from it and nothing else, I'm asking artists to contribute to a collaboration I started.

Thanks
    Want to really help artists out? Save up/get a job and pay them what they deserve.

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 Times in 1,789 Posts
    There are hundreds of people here for whom I would jump at the chance to help them get a project off the ground...with no hope or thought of benefits to me. You're not one of them.

You've posted five or six times in three days with grand plans with very little details other than your "word," basically telling people who are killing themselves to earn a living or studying like hell to enter a complex field where they can, and your offer amounts to passive cheerleading. We know nothing about you. What's your track record? how about at least your age or schooling or work history? How about at least an attempt at a decent reason why the hell I should cut off one of my balls for you...with a knife I paid for?

Do you even realize how stupid you sound, how unprepared, and how immaturely self-centered? You wanna fight the good fight, at least give it a serious attempt that we can understand. If Black Spot, Stark, or Jason (and a load more here, some who don't particularly like me) asks me to jump off a cliff with them because I might get something out of it, I'm in...because I know them...I trust them...and I KNOW it has to be more fun than what I'm doing now...because they've all proven to me that they're not in the habit of peeing in my coffee when I'm sleeping... Unnerstan'?

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You don't think I have been trying to save up/get a job? This is a project I'm doing in the meantime. Until now, I had no idea the same people who would tell artists "Why don't you get a REAL job?", included other artists.

Thanks
    You want me to fill out my profile? If that's the case, you could of just asked. I am also currently in the process of trying to set up the website. This poll was just a litmus test on the type of crowd.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FSArbolaez View Post
    You don't think I have been trying to save up/get a job? This is a project I'm doing in the meantime. Until now, I had no idea the same people who would tell artists "Why don't you get a REAL job?", included other artists.
    If you just want to find someone to do a fun little project with, just say that, and dont go off about legal obstacles and buying licenses from you and bragging rights, its just offputting and wierd, and fits exactly the pattern of every other nut bag who has made a post like yours follows. Seriously, check the older posts, theyre almost word for mis-spelled word like yours; highly complex project based on their unpublished novel, no money (but enough to get the lawyers in to secure copyright)...public meltdown when questioned.. youre showing all the tell-tales of a time-wasting loon. To remedy that, talk straight, in small words, and spell out exactly what you need doing and what you will do in return.
    If you cant offer money, why not offer your skills; can you do 6 hours of accounts in return for 6 hours of art time? Can you paint my house if I design you a load of stuff? If youre not prepared to pay either in money or effort, dont expect anyone to donate their time to you, capiche?

Thanks
    I'm not having a public meltdown, I feel the questions being asked are legitimate and I'm trying to give the answers. As for the copyrights and lawyers, they were suggested to me by family and peers, who were very concerned about my original idea and the contributions of others, being somehow ripped-off. I used what little I had to secure the copyrights, and found lawyers who gave free legal consultation.

For offering my skills, I cannot help in person, nor I cannot illustrate that well (which is the reason why I'm looking here,). However, I can see if I can do some things online for those who ask me.

As for small words and spelling, can you please point out to me where in my posts I needed to make those changes?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.