Thanks

who wants to host us?

me and my boy metalwinds just recently bought online space, we got 2000 mb of space and 50 gig of bandwidth. sounds good, but we cant get shit to work, maybe due to the fact that i dont know shit about shit. anyway, i am at the point where i will cut my lossed for the first month now and walk away from it, i am that frustrated with it. what i was wondering is that if anyone has shitloads of space and bandwidth or could recommend something cheap and could be there to walk me through things, i would be willing to pay you for your space and/or time. why does this have to be so damn difficult. BLAH!!
    meta
    "Let it BURN"

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    http://www.fourbucks.net (feng uses them as well) has worked flawlessly for me. i didn't know a thing about anything on the internet when i bought the site, and their website help section, coupled with quick tech support has fixed any problems i've had within a day, two at most. i think i pay 8 bucks a month...good luck, buddy.

Thanks
    we cant get the directories right. no matter what we cannot put up a page, or get images to work (which is bad because that is the point of the site). no matter how we we put it up it wont work, now we cannot even use our administrative abilities, we keep getting errors. its so lame. blah
    mless gimme a pm bro
    meta
    "Let it BURN"

Thanks
    It sounds like you got stuck with a really crappy host
    Who is your hosting service? I would definitely be willing to help you guys out if I can.
    I used doteasy.com for my site, as well as my friend's band's site which I'm the webmaster for. They make it really simple if you want it simple, but if you know what your doing they give you room for some more advanced stuff too. Their "Ultra Hosting" 7.95 a month plan only gives 1000 MB with 20 GB data transfer, but that really is alot (at least for most purposes).

Anyways, if you want to stick with your current host, feel free to ask me for help on whatever specific problems you're having.

Thanks
    What crappy host you got... I second jetpack for fourbuck, i've take them and it work without a itch(although it's only one week ).

Take care of the fact that most of the time you must define unix as server in your ftp client... (if you have a crappy ftp client too )

Thanks
    thanks guys. we are on surpass hosting. check surpasshosting.com
    "Let it BURN"

Thanks
    Surpass generally looks like a great host...what have you guys tried to do that hasnt worked?
    If you upload an index.html file to the html folder, can it just not be accessed?