Has drawing ever put you in a bad place in your head?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Has drawing ever put you in a bad place in your head?

Like how even though when your drawing you got music playing on your earphones and what your drawing is keeping your mind busy or whatever. Then all of the sudden out of nowhere you get this anger that's fucking crippling and you want to smash a wall in or something.

Like how sometimes your mind wanders at how fucking helpless you are over something or other and you get this spasm in your body and your muscles tense up and you can't stop thinking over that one specific thing and that just makes you angrier.

I don't know if its just me 'cus I'm feeling really alone right now in feeling this way.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shit yes!

Only when I'm stupidly stressed. Like say with my studies, I have maybe 6 assignments, I can't do anything on the work as a coat of paint is drying, or right now the maquette is drying and the canvas I have stretched and primed is also drying... Coupled with my freelance work, I have some 3D stuff rendering now and also a video rendering... So much work to do and I feel that the time is wasted waiting for things to dry/render, so this stresses/frustrates me.

So I sit down and draw just personal work to get my mind off of the work that gets me paid or gets me qualified. I'm just stressed from being a little swamped under which is new territory for me just making it out in the industry; a little nerve-wracking if you will.

So we could say I'm a wee bit pissed-off and angry, mainly at myself for putting other things before the work/assignments (e.g sleeping-in to 09.00 from a chaotic week for a change). So yeah, I'm trying to relax by drawing but it got me a more-and-more frustrated. So you know what, I've put on the series Fringe, made a pot of tea and decided to surf the net for a bit and go through my weekly planner; because the best way for me to stop stressing about the work to be done is to find out what time I have to get the goddamn work done!

Not sure if relevant to what you're describing, but I feel it somewhat is.

www.travismillar.com

Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its just you if your not on meds you need to be

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eh, it's not really anything where medication needs to come into play. It's a possibility, yes; but often the assumed thought pattern where all that is needed is rationalising the problem and understanding the triggers.

For me it's just stress, even sub-conscious stress; just the little things that shit you sometimes. For instance, I'm working on a piece and am chilled whilst listening to some music, then say my partner walks in the door on her mobile. I was in "the zone", and now because of the distraction of someone else talking it has gotten me out of that "trance" and will then find it hard to get back into it.

... It's difficult to explain. See, from my perspective it's object/action/reaction related. Something occurs and disrupts your thought process or productivity.

I can't say what I have is as severe as the OP, however it's what happens to me.

OP, I think you just need to take a step back and analyse what it is exactly that is annoying you. The trigger may be a muscle spasm, but I'm near certain there is an actual root of the cause; some underlying factor. It may be something that a person has said to you or even something as small as the lead of a pencil breaking; all these things come from some root cause.

I'm not the best at understanding the human mind and emotions, nor do I know of any mental illness that I suffer; if anything I suffer from stress. I thrive off of it as it pushes me to go further and harder with my work and I detest it as it confuses and clouds my thought process.

My advice, speak to a close friend or family member; see what they have to say then go from there. If feel that you need a medical practitioner to get involved if what you're feeling worsens, then so be it.

For all I know, you're maybe just having a bad day and just felt the need to express it to someone, anyone; even the anonymous online. These things happen. Chin up.

www.travismillar.com

Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.