Lennovo Helix

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Lennovo Helix

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lennovo Helix

Is this the one?

Obviously, most people here are going to be waiting for the Wacom mobile tablet.

I was keenly interested in the Samsung ATIV pro. It seemed like it would be underpowered for painting though.

I really like the versatility of the IBM crack at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4pglhhS6T8

I would need my tablet to run other software for the Architectural industry. This is my reason for not going pure art tablet.

Thanks for helping me. Please allow me to he human. I'll do my best, likewise for you. I've found more peace in forgiveness than in the pursuit of flawlessness.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm also very interested in what some more experienced artists think about using this hybrid. I'm getting tired of waiting for Wacom's portable. I only see 3 weaknesses: (1) no haswell which I imagine will be updated soon, (2) no USB 3.0, and (3) its wicked expensive. But if money were no object I would consider this. I just can't seem to find any qualified reviews.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From the reviews I've read on tabletPCreview, the Lenovo X230t might be a bit better suited for art, and cheaper. It's still more powerful (full voltage CPU vs. Helix ULV CPU) it's just not as thin and sexy. THe Helix slate mode offers some other versatility I suppose, but the convertible is still the champ IMO. Also, I've heard of some major hardware flaws in the Helix, although they should be taken with a grain of salt, as it's pretty common for forums to be filled with people who got the bum units.

Also, if your gonna spend that much, why not just go for the porsche and get the Fujitsu T902 ? Unless having it be a slate is very important to you...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is a pretty major discount (about $500 on the top end model) and free shipping on the Helix over at Lenovo. I guess its a Labor Day thing. Even with Wacom's new tablet I am tempted to pick up a Helix. I've thought the form factor to be very innovative and attractive since it was released. Still a hefty price tag but I thought I'd let everyone know.

Last edited by Rubicon; August 31st, 2013 at 10:29 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 2