Sketchbook: GiroFide's SB
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: GiroFide's SB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

GiroFide's SB

I had an account in CA for a year but I actually never used it, so I decided to start this year.
    And before anything:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grief View Post
    Oh, enough with this patheticness!

every thread on here is turning into "i'm a sad emo who can't work up the energy to lift a pencil", where is this generation of weak artists comming from? is DeviantArt telling kids to eat paint chips or something, why is everyone so tired and burnt out? you kids are doing one drawing a week and feel depleted artistically, what the fuck?

eff' that noise! rip off your shirt, stand on your chair, pump your arm into the air. whip back your hair and hold your pencil aloft. the clouds will part and a beam of light will engulf you. golden big-tittied angels will dance around, as super badass looking aura flames shoot from your body. your pencil will start glowing and sizzling with power. AND DRAW MOTHERFUCKER!

you need to be 100% intense all of the time.
    draw as though you have to deliver an ass-kicking ninja-style at any minute with your art skill. eat more beef jerky and use a rattle-snake as a condom.

GET PUMPED UP ABOUT ART
    ^Awesome post. I'm keeping this here, haha.

Just a small bit of info: I started off with anime, and I've been trying to get out of the style. It's pretty difficult and most of the time I can't tell whether my drawings have become more stylized or not. It'd be nice if I got a few pointers for it.
    Please critique! I'd be really helpful for me

Here's a few drawings I've been working on over the spring vacation:
    Name:  demons souls proj.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  118.7 KB
    Name:  another experimentla.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  140.7 KB
    ^ This one looks really flat to me, but I'm not sure what to do to it to make it have more depth. Any ideas?

Last edited by GiroFide; March 31st, 2013 at 07:39 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there!
    First of all, welcome to CA! You're off to nice start already. Getting off the anime train is not easy, it takes a lot of paying attention. I found that the old big eyes, spiky hair habits creep in now and then, especially while doodling. You're gonna hear this a lot more around here, but drawing from life helps a great deal there!
    As for the picture of the girl with the spine I think you're correct when you say it looked flat. I'd say that's because of the close value range and the lack of highlights. It's not clear where the light actually is coming from, because there's light on the back and the face, which probably should be completely in the dark? Some other parts aren't shaded at all, like the spine. You might want to work out where the light is coming from. Overall it looks pretty good already, the lines are confident and the proportions look about right.
    Keep at it!

My sketches & ramblings
    I also have a Sketchblog/ now, where I do my stuff. Check it out~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to I.N.K. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot for the post! And yeah, I've been starting to draw figures and portraits, so I hope it does help me get out haha
    And now that you mention it, you're right about the lighting. I'll darken out the face when I get back to this. The thing with highlights is that I wanted the picture to have an overall dark mood with a light source that isn't too strong but still there, so I wasn't too sure how to add highlights without making the picture look too bright. Looks I'll have to add some in, though.

Sketched a few drawings today, sorry for the bad lighting.
    Name:  2013-03-31 19.54.10.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  80.6 KBName:  2013-03-31 19.54.21.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  92.3 KBName:  2013-03-31 19.55.12.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  74.3 KBName:  2013-03-31 19.55.23.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  75.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More figure drawings, this time on the computer. I tried to experiment and play around with shading, but to me they really didn't work out that well.

Name:  model.png
Views: 57
Size:  279.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome or welcome back to CA, very good decision to start a sketchbook :-), I really like your works. I don't know how its with the Manga style, but as I.N.K. already said it takes some time and practice to get rid of some style, drawing from life will definitely help, as same as maybe copying different styles you like at the beginning, finally you might end up with your own unique style. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Talib for the comment! I really hope to create a style as soon as possible :>

I haven't posted for around a week, so I came back with another few drawings I worked on.

These are doodles from memory, I think they came out a little decent.
    Name:  2013-04-10 22.22.28.png
Views: 47
Size:  259.9 KBName:  2013-04-10 22.22.38.png
Views: 50
Size:  217.9 KB

All of the below are from references. They're not really that finished, but I think I'll only be working on the digital one.
    Name:  2013-04-10 22.22.49.png
Views: 37
Size:  327.5 KBName:  2013-04-10 22.23.52.png
Views: 40
Size:  323.7 KBName:  process.png
Views: 39
Size:  259.2 KB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.