Sketchbook: Obviously's Sketchbook

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Obviously's Sketchbook

I am a 16 year old boy from Norway who just started drawing. I've always had an interest in art, especially digital art. A few days ago i bought an Intous5 Wacom tablet, and got hold of Sketchbook Pro 2012, so i am all set and ready to go.

After scouring the internet for knowledge on how to start i found this forum. So today i begin my adventure. From this day i will post new sketches and finished drawings every single day. Hopefully i'll progress a lot.

All tips on books, critic related to my drawings and what to improve etc. is much welcome!

A selected few of todays sketches:

Name:  Image014.png
Views: 161
Size:  51.7 KBName:  Image015.png
Views: 143
Size:  105.5 KB

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Obviously; March 31st, 2013 at 02:45 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think this forum is the best place to start learning. Lots of helpful threads around here. Has helped me tremendously.

Massive Black videos are great too.

And Feng Zhu's youtube channel might interest you as well: https://www.youtube.com/user/FZDSCHOOL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok so i haven't uploaded one each day as i hoped, but i have drawn every single day (just not digitally)!

Anyway, here's a painting i just did while i was experimenting with colors.

Name:  Untitled-1.png
Views: 46
Size:  165.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, you haven't posted a lot, so I wouldn't know the full extend of your skills. But I can give you some general advice, if that's okay with you

Draw from life! Draw a lot from life! Shape, values, colour, composition...etc. can be improved tremendously by drawing from life and doing it everyday. Draw what's in front of you, draw your hands, draw people and then move to drawing from your imagination. When you draw from your imagination you draw from your memory, everything you have already seen and especially drawn. So when you've taught yourself how something should look by drawing it repeatedly, you should be able to reproduce the object so it will be recognizable. This is how you build your skill.

You write that you're interested in digital painting. So something that would be good for you at first would be to do a grey scale piece everyday(Something I was advised to do years ago as well). You get to practise shape and values without getting too hung up on colours in the process.

I hope some of this is of use to you. Now get your draw on and post everyday!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the advice Aves. There's so many people who have told me to draw from life now that i don't doubt a second that it is really rewarding, it's just that i haaate it. Anyway, that's no excuse and i'll start drawing so much i possibly can!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Best thing to do is take things one step at a time, you shouldn't really go anywhere near colour until you have trained your eye to draw. It will make things a lot easier if you go into colour with some skill under your belt. As always like Aves said, draw from life (something I need to do more of myself but it has been the best thing I have ever done for myself) and go to a local life drawing class if you have one. Once you can draw from life well then you should focus on more specific areas like anatomy etc. Focus on one area at a time Hope I've helped

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i wish i had intous5.I only have pen and touch and pretty hard to draw.I suggest you should draw full body not eye or face wich really helped me.

Dadadadada

Sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.