Character of the Week #322
Leader of the Pack
Deadline - Sunday, March 31 10PM GMT
In the animal kingdom, there are packs/herds that travel together for optimal survival. Survival of the fittest is the natural instinct and no one will go back to save a single member. Each pack has a powerful and wise leader, but there is one group of animals that follows a pack leader, not of their species. A humanoid, that is wise, clever, and posses the strength of the animals, he is the fearless pack leader. Design the pack leader of a group of animals. The animal you choose is not limited to ground mammals. You can do birds or reptiles. Insects do not count.
A detail you must include on your character is a part of the animal, that the character represents, to be worn as a symbol of being soul bound to the pack.(ex: a skull, feathers, teeth, claws, etc. must be present on the character)
- Can be Male or Female.
- Must be Humanoid.
- Incorporate an animal part to be worn as a symbol.
- Do not combine half animal, half humanoid. You may, however, use physical features of the animal on the character (so if you want to give them frog hands, go for it. Tails, no problem. Hooves are borderline, as long as they are biped, it will be acceptable.)
- The character can be no larger than an average human, but can go much smaller. (ex: they could be the size of a fairy)
FOCUS CHALLENGE (NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER THE POLL): ANATOMY & PERSPECTIVE
- Choose either the legs or arms and exaggerate them to fit the animal which is portrayed
- Create your character from a high angle point of view. Your horizon line will be higher.
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the character must be visible
- Sketches or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll
- At least two wips posted with your final in the finals thread
- Background is optional
- Have fun!
- No photograph paint overs...ever... never ever ever never...for ChoW. Must be 100% original work.
- FOLLOW the brief, and DOUBLE check to make sure everything has the proper footer (name, chow#). Don't forget that 10pm GMT is the deadline! You all have been here long enough for me to truly enforce the rules.
Thanks guys, and good luck this week!