Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Its Offical , Wacom Cintiq 13HD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anako View Post
    I have a weird feeling, that some people here still don't understand that there are different needs for 3D artists, photo retouchers, digital painters etc. As a digital painter who tested many different tablets, I can clearly say that only Wacoms met my standards of pressure sensitivity, responsiveness and quality. Many professional digital painters dealt with screen tablets other than Cintiqs and confirm that in this field Wacom is also currently with no competition (even cheaper Yiynova tablets are too laggy and glitchy in comparison).
    I'm not "dropping" thousand bucks, I'm investing them in my art job and career. Because no other tablet right now will meet my requirements in terms of painting directly on a screen for that price.

So if you could pick a mobile device today, for digital painting, what would it be? Do you think there is something portable worth the money for digital painting?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Just for Digital Painting there's a lot of choices.

My personal fav is the Samsung Series 7 Slate. Great screen, great colors, and great overall performance. Its technically the Last generation, but for Digital Painting and Artwork, I can't recommend it enough.

However the overall usefulness of any Tablet is really dependent on your use of it and your general work habits....For example, thus far I have never had the need for more then 4 GB of ram. On my S7S....I use Photoshop CS5 95% of the time....and I don' multitask too much. I May have a few tabs open in Firefox or a comic reader open..so for me the 4 GB is more then enough. I don't think any of my photoshop files when opened have ever exceeded 2gb. Truthfully when you get too large.....you'll have more of a problem with your tools and brushes since they will reach their limits as well.

Now for an Artist like Anako...who works on very large files and needs the 16 GB of ram....the UN-upgradable S7S probably wouldn't be that useful. While a convertible would certainly be better like the aforementioned x230t or T902 since the Ram could be upgraded and they have more powerful processors....given the $1000-$2000 price Range...the performance still won't be as good as her existing Desktop rig...so for her needs a Cintiq 13HD or 22HD for the same price range $1000-$2000 would be a better option.

And one benefit of a Cintiq over Tablet PCs.....The Cintiq can have a much longer life span. Since its only a Tablet Display...in the coming years if she finds 32GB of ram works better....the desktop could still be easier to upgrade...where with a Tablet PC....you really can't upgrade further. Thats more where the "investment" mentality comes in. Despite it costing alot....it will last much longer since you could connect it to any Desktop or Laptop down the line. Yeah the $2000 for a 22HD or the $3600 for the 24HD Touch may seem like pretty high price tags...but its easier to justify the purchase if you can accept it lasting for 5+ years.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by technokill View Post
    So if you could pick a mobile device today, for digital painting, what would it be? Do you think there is something portable worth the money for digital painting?
    The thing is that I'm not looking for a mobile tablet, I just want to paint on a screen. xD And from what I've seen, read and experienced, there's currently nothing more suitable than Cintiqs. And 13HD is something I can actually afford. (24HD still in my dreams)

Quote Originally Posted by darkmagistric
    And one benefit of a Cintiq over Tablet PCs.....The Cintiq can have a much longer life span. Since its only a Tablet Display...in the coming years if she finds 32GB of ram works better....the desktop could still be easier to upgrade...where with a Tablet PC....you really can't upgrade further. Thats more where the "investment" mentality comes in. Despite it costing alot....it will last much longer since you could connect it to any Desktop or Laptop down the line. Yeah the $2000 for a 22HD or the $3600 for the 24HD Touch may seem like pretty high price tags...but its easier to justify the purchase if you can accept it lasting for 5+ years.
    Well exactly! I'm not planning to move anywhere with my tablet, I'll still be drawing on my computer. I chose 13HD because it's the cheapest Cintiq yet, and 22HD has gathered bad reviews about its display (technically worse than 13HD O_o). 24HD is fantastic then it comes to colors (92% adobe rgb!), but expesive as hell.
    At spes non fracta.

My deviantART~~
    My portfolio~~
    My Tumblr~~

Thanks
    I'd give it a month or two, Anako before you go spending the dosh on the 13HD.
    Let some others check it out and review it. I'm sure it's a fine piece of kit, but if the reviews of the 22HD spooked you lets just wait and see if there's any faults with the 13HD.
    All in all, I'd say go for it. IMO there's nothing else on the market worthwhile for digital on-screen drawing in an office/studio environment considering you don't intend on moving around with it then it's great.

I got my x230t for a portable digital sketchbook. Not for heavy work, that's what the home computer is for coupled with my Intuos5.
    Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 850 Posts
    I guess it's just my experience of taking my laptop to class and working with clients at a coffee shop has me attached to portability. Plus I like to work outside. It sucks hunting down a power source. The ability to work on stuff while kickin it with the homies or up and leave the room when you are sick of them is absolutely priceless.

Aside from the outrageous price tag (in comparison) I think it looks pretty bad ass. I guess that's what happens when there is no real competition. I would love the 24hd though. It looks like a whole drawing board. I'll just wait 'till the day I need tax write offs or I land a client that pays expenses.

Thanks
    I'm confused, in this link it states the size has being 15":
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/19/w...13hd-hands-on/

Also had no idea there was a 22"HD, so there's 22HD, the 24HD and the 13HD. If only they kept the numbers even and made a 16HD, that would have been perfect.

Thanks
    probably a typo, they have physical dimensions posted too,
    at 9.76 x 14.76 x 0.55" it won't have a 15" screen.
    on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Powerbrick found!
    It's on this video and the size of a twinkie.
    I wish I understood the language tho.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH2Ur0T4RkY
    www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by philofmars View Post
    Powerbrick found!
    It's on this video and the size of a twinkie.
    I wish I understood the language tho.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH2Ur0T4RkY
    youve captured one. the elusive pokeman power brick.

Thanks
    youve captured one. the elusive pokeman power brick.
    Ahahaha !

By the way, the reviewer should buy a new pc, I was amazed by the lag strokes have in the middle of the video. I hope it's not a drivers issue or something similar...
    * My current blog
    * Sketchbook page on CA.org coming soon...

Have a good and creative day !

Thanks
    They're finally available to order! Now we can get some reviews from real people.

Wacom Americas
    You’ve waited patiently, which is why we are so happy to say, the Cintiq 13HD is here! Our first shipment has arrived and is eagerly waiting to find a new home with you! Place your orders here: http://www.wacom.com/products/pen-di...iq/cintiq-13hd
    www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    i'm looking forward to reading and watching reviews from some one that will be using it for more than 8 hours a day....but i don't know how long i should wait before i sell my future first born child to wacom lol ....what you guy's think is a good amount of time to wait before buying 13hd?....it can be great but 2 months later it might start falling apart lol.

Thanks
    2 months later it will come out with pinch and grow and all the other bells and whistles.
    reviews now!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast