Starcraft/Cowboy fanart asking for crits ^_^

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Starcraft/Cowboy fanart asking for crits ^_^

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like where this is going! I'd add a dutch tilt to make the action more dynamic and to emphasise the monster bearing down on him.
    I'm not sure what's up with that lamp post, but it looks like someone's living room lamp, but really tall.
    Gunslinger's leg closest to us looks mighty stiff. You might want to change the pose of that slightly to add more dynamism.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slothboy3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I'm nowhere near expert or anything, but I think you can use second pair of eyes, to point out some of the mistakes.

First thing that I saw was his huge right leg, so that's a very obvious thing you could fix. He also looks like he is shooting into monster's leg, rather than its head, though I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. Another thing I'd like to point out is that nobody would stand still if that monster was running towards him. Adding an action pose, with good gesture underneath would work wonders here. Put yourself in his situation. Would you be watching that monster attacking you, or would you rather strafe, run towards cover, jump to avoid his attack, or whatever? Also, try to put the guy a bit more behind, because this close, monster would probably be able to hit him with his left paw without a problem.

Take all of this with a grain of salt, because I'm amateur myself, but I'm pretty sure that solving the problems I pointed out would make this a better piece.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krilce! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the two characters need to be a bit further apart. Lets be honest, if that monster was that close, he would be able to fuck that guy up. Like Krilce said, redoing the pose of the human would help a lot too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cfhd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothboy3000 View Post
    I like where this is going! I'd add a dutch tilt to make the action more dynamic and to emphasise the monster bearing down on him.
    I'm not sure what's up with that lamp post, but it looks like someone's living room lamp, but really tall.
    Gunslinger's leg closest to us looks mighty stiff. You might want to change the pose of that slightly to add more dynamism.
    THANK YOU so much slothboy! means a lot. Im going to consider the cam angle and the pose as well. Yeah, that lamp seems weird hehe really need to take it off. hehe Thank you again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Krilce! This crit helps the image a lot actually. Don't worry about being non pro, I really appreciate the constructive crit you have given this piece. Thank you again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cfhd View Post
    I think the two characters need to be a bit further apart. Lets be honest, if that monster was that close, he would be able to fuck that guy up. Like Krilce said, redoing the pose of the human would help a lot too.
    I absolutely need to change the pose hehe. I had something different in mind when I was painting this, but your views will definitely make the piece better. Thank you thank you! means a lot!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.