Sketchbook: My sketchbook of little horrors

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My sketchbook of little horrors

Hello all.

I'm another lurker daring to come out of my little corner to show my sketches. I used to draw alot when I was younger, but I'm one of those cases of being a very imaginative child and the parents think there is something wrong with you. So I was told to calm down and take a chill pill. The older I got the more I urged to do something creative, I finally took the decision to go to artschool. Now I have to catch up and focus on improving my skill. I'd welcome any help and criticism other artists around here is willing to give. Even challenges and the like if you see me go in circles.

Name:  Arm_shoulder_study 02.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  102.2 KB Name:  Arm_shoulder_study.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  100.8 KB

Name:  IMG (2).jpg
Views: 130
Size:  244.6 KB Name:  Female_figure 05.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  134.5 KB

Name:  Female_figure 02.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  172.0 KB Name:  Female_figure 06.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  285.5 KB

Name:  Female_figure 03.jpg
Size:  130.7 KB Name:  Female_figure 07.jpg
Size:  96.5 KB

Name:  Female_figure 04.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  127.6 KB Name:  Female_figure 01.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  128.9 KB

Name:  Selvportrett 1.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  287.7 KB Name:  Growth 2.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  414.8 KB

Name:  Common ground.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  156.1 KB Name:  Awakening.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  386.2 KB

Name:  OOBE.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  198.1 KB Name:  Monster 1238213.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  406.5 KB

Name:  Corruptive stare.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  400.2 KB

Btw, if this post keeps changing, its cause I'm a terrible writer and takes a while before I see whats wrong with it. =P

Last edited by Dicemarine; March 17th, 2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: fixing the text
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi dicemarine,

the nudes are looking pretty good! Did you draw them from life or did you draw them from imagination? There are one or two sketches that have wrong proportions so maybe you could study some more anatomy to make the sketches even better.

Congrats on "clawing your way" to art school. :-P I'm in a similar situation as you. I drew a lot as a kid, but my teachers were either mad at me for drawing in class or indifferent to my drawings. "yeah that's nice Lost My Marbles, now go do some math". I stopped drawing for a long long time because of that and just recently picked it up again. I too am trying to make up for lost time. I know how it feels. I just got accepted to art school too. I hope to be improving a lot. We could encourage each other. :-D

My sketchbook Please drop by. :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lost My Marbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bloody double posts. Not really used to CA yet. =/

Last edited by Dicemarine; March 18th, 2013 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo marbles!

Thanks! I drew them from random photos and used the figure drawing tool http://artists.pixelovely.com/practi...igure-drawing/. My school is very focused on installation and modern art so I don't have access to many models. And you hit the nail on the head, I need to study anatomy alot more. Its one of those things I know I should draw more but feels daunting and intricate to do, I think I'll make it a point to upload some anatomy studies here every week. Is there anything in particular you think I should focus on?

That sucks, they should really bring more creative fields into schools, that and stop trying to steer people away from their passion. Awesome that you managed to get into artschool though, It's like coming to a different world when you are surrounded by people common interest.

I had a look in your sketchbook, actually before you posted, loads of cool stuff there, the "Pikkis" pic made me chuckle. =D

Encouraging eachother is a sound idea. =)

(btw, if this is a double post I apologize, CA bugged out on the first post.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah yeah that's a shame that your school doesn't focus on fundamentals. I guess they expect you to do that in your own time. But where are you going to get nude models? I guess you could hire a lady os leisure or something to pose. hehe. Sounds like a great idea to do an anatomy study every week. I'll be looking forward to it and I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two from you too.

Yes studying anatomy is scary indeed. I'm working at it too, but there is just so much to learn. Anything you should focus on? mmmh. maybe the skeleton. It's the frame that gives us shape so I guess understanding the skeleton would help you improve quite a bit. I'm just starting to study anatomy too, so this it just an informed guess. :-p

Yup artschool seems amazing. When I first walked into an art school I realized that there actually were other people out there who were just like me and it felt great. It's feels like being a circus lion and then escaping and finding all these other lions who you can be friends with. Sure there are some people out there that just go to art school because they like the idea of being an artist and they think it just sounds cool to be called an artist, but the majority of art students just want to create and that's amazing. It makes me smile.

My sketchbook Please drop by. :-)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.