Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I just can't get enough of them... gorgeous... the planes... the group of ladies.. the portrait...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Mentler, I've been studying the pages and pages of your thread and found everything very helpful and informative. It appears that your the modern day "Da Vinci"! I'm especially pleased that you take all comments and critiques into account. I am curious to know how you handle clothed models. It's always been difficult for me to do clothed models from the mind (not that I don't struggle with nude models from the mind nonetheless). I mean really, diaper folds, zigzag folds...when do they all occur on the model? Anyway, love your work and love your enthusiasm! Let me know if you'll be having any workshops in Ohio. Also, if you ever have the time, stop by and critique my sketchbook. I just started it and have been updating daily.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48473
    Last edited by SprayNation; July 25th, 2005 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks
    Still watching man I think your recent neck studies are some of the clearest I've seen in terms of defining the structure - particularly the first one. I'm into those legs as well. It's all top work!!

Thanks
    Hi there man, yeah Asaro has a lot of usefull clues aint?
    looking good, Im really likeing the plane work, thanks for
    the info man, I can aways use some of that

Thanks
    Da Planes! Da Planes! Thanks for taking us there... wonderful examples.

I couldn't find info on Gale or Asaro, so, in the mean time, I dug up Loomis' "Heads and Hands" and found some good info there to get me started. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mentler
    This is the hell that awaits those who surf around enjoying all the creative labors put forth in these forums and do not participate!!!!
       The  Book  of  Bones

i haven't seen you comment on any of my postings..
    deprived me of my coil

Thanks
    hi mentler, i'm sorry if this has already been asked but, could you tell me abit about your dvd, sounds interesting.

Thanks
    "The Bone Doctor Has a Bone to pick
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It has come to my attention that some untalented s--t has posted a 4 star rating on my Domenico thread ~ they probably did not like the subject matter ~ which I will agree is not that pleasant ~ it is supposed to be a little naive because it is medieval dah! ~ this is about skill not subject matter ~ nobody gives a f--k what you like ~ if you don't like it, or don't understand it, just go away ~ I need my supporters to correct this issue by going to the Domenico thread below and posting 5 stars ~ otherwise I am going to take my works and go home ~ life is to short to deal with clueless Philistines!!!!!!"

I haven't rated the thread but this outburst struck me as offensive and immature. Especially the part of "I am going to take my works and go home", just like a little brat. Throwing a fit about getting a 4 out of 5? Grow up.

Thanks
    wahhh. very cool bone sketchs as usual. ha ha ha.
    I just read your massage you sent, sorry for the late.
    I really like your style alot, it remaind me some japanese artists. but the defference from you and japan is, japanesesthey draw machines bone and mucle. that is really amazing.
    I only post once a week, and on next week I will probably put some machines maybe you will see some thing like what I talking about on the last sentence.
    later.
    draw, draw and draw.
    My sketch book
    My blog
    My web site

Thanks
    beyond_the_forest and armando....
    Was there a point to dredging up very old posts and whining about them?

B_T_F I have to thank cuz I did enjoy seeing that image again, but if you show some patience, then yes he will post replies. My admittedly pathetic sketchbook thread has some replies from Mr. Mentler, yours can too.

Armando... what you just did is the equivalent of saying, "Hey... two years ago you said something insulting to me!"

Now let's swaddle our bruised egos in bubble-wrap and go about our lives....

Thanks

Foot Notes:

A few thumbnails to review feet before a workshop demonstration <> yes I do this just to get things fresh in my mind so the demo is as effective as I can make it <> most of this stuff is from Bridgman some from me <> I try to pull from different refs for review but GB is one of my favorites!

The  Book  of  Bones
       The  Book  of  Bones

glikster :::: Double Thanks

Armando :::: Ok per PM and it was a while ago

2000YearsOldMan :::: Thanks : the Japanese comparison is very much a compliment
    Of course Hokusai is one of my Gods even though I has not spent nearly enough time with him!

Skurai :::: First one will be finished soon <> DVD <> it is on proportion <>

beyond_the_forest :::: Thanks for your feedback <> this thread is pretty much informational but I do like to get as much feedback as possible to let me know people are getting something from these post.

geckonia :::: Planes are really important because they are the building blocks of form the walls of the house so to speak :::: I need to spend more time with them and intend to

maxetormer :::: We are using the head in our portrait workshops to show how the light is hitting the planes : I set the head on a tri-pod right behind the model <> it is very effective!

Baaaah! :::: Glad you found the neck demos useful

SprayNation :::: Diaper folds rock LOL <> nothing in Ohio currently <> tried to get something in Akron not to long ago <> may try there again <> any ideas let me know <>
    by the way anyone who would like for me to do a workshop for your group let me know scheduling the rest of next year <> not many openings but a few

Thanks
    wow, really nice
    good to hear that the first DVD will be finished soon, can't wait

Thanks

Teeny Wienies

Skurai <> will keep you posted for sure

Posted this in "Hanging Flesh" as well but it is such an important exercise in learning to draw the human form I am posting if here as well

The  Book  of  Bones

Thanks
    awesome thread so much knowledge of anatomy..cant wait for those dvd's..hehee.

Thanks
    wee little bits of goodness....

Thanks
    I'm personally not a big fan of Hogarthian-style drawing. But the sheer amount of anatomical information conveyed in your drawings is excellent, and I personally like it more than Burne Hogarth. Great work!

Thanks
    Dudee!! this last feet studies are just plain awesome, Im gonna
    study em for a long time, I just finded the anwers to
    a lot of questions that I had

Thanks

Hand Job

Glikster, Times and Maxtomer ::::: You are some of the few that drop by this thread since they changed the name to the "Fine Arts" tag <> now there is a turn off <><> thanks again for hanging in!!!

Todays Hand Jobs

The  Book  of  Bones
       The  Book  of  Bones

Thanks

name change

Hi Mentler,

I never had a problem getting here because you have the link in your signature.
    Now that you pointed it I realise that the notiffications from thread subscription are no longer comming. I think I'll make a new thread subscription.

Thanks for the good work here.

Thanks
    aaaahhhh......(in terms of a sigh of contentment and appreciation, not horror....this one comes more from the back of the throat....'What, you mean like AH!?' ...No that's more of surprise and alarm....)

Did some real sketching last night.... felt so good...

Thank you for my regular dose of inspiration.

Thanks

Wrist Interlock and Step Down

adiere & glikster ::: Many thanks ::: since viewership is not hugh on this thread I will post a lot of this same stuff on SB thread ::: will keep stuff here primarily figure structure/anatomy

Here are a few studies really focused on the wrist articulation :::: the hand can flex and extend to and approximate 40% angle and move left and right :::: rotation must be done by the by the rotation of the radius over the ulna, this is also approximately 90% :::: additional rotation can be done by bringing the upper arm and shoulder girdle into play.

The  Book  of  Bones

Artists like to make the articulation at the wrist more prominent than it appears to demonstrate these functions ::: I have exaggerated this function here for ease of understanding ::: how much of this you do is a matter of personal taste.

Thanks
    yet another gem in this inexhaustable mine of knowledge.

Thanks
    One of the things I like about your style is the way you articulate the hand and wrist. They are always beautifully flowing from the form. Thanks for the tips!

Thanks

Interlocks

There are a zillion flexors and extensors that go from the forearm the hand <><> trying to arrive at a graceful way of showing the articulation interlock at the wrist <><> this is one of those situations in the anatomical structure where one needs to create something more real than it actually appears to describe form and function.

The  Book  of  Bones

Glikster and Geckonia <><> thanks for the feed

Thanks
    You know, I'm not sure which is more amazing... the way the body works or how well you capture it.... (mmmm.... asspats "r" us...)

Thanks

Hand me Downs

The more hands the better :::: btw if you are new here you may assume these are copied out of the books like on many of the other threads :::: most of these are my anatomical constructs <><> these are done for the most part from memory and constructed from the bony structure out :::: I do review other sources from time to time but I translate them into my language as much as possible.

I have drawn everyone of Bridgmans drawings several times and many reversed so if some of my works seem familiar that is probably why <><> Bridgman is not the best source for anatomical knowledge but I really admire the interlocking forms and flow of his figures.

The  Book  of  Bones
    Last edited by mentler; August 24th, 2005 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks
    BEAUTIFUL anatomy...this thread is amazing, thank you!

Thanks
    Man!! I assure you that just by looking and analyzing
    your suffl I learn a whole lot, now time to do sum drawings
    to anchor the knowlege on my brains forever

Dont ever stop posting

Thanks
    You are the true AnatomyEngineer Michael Keep up the good work and let people like me become more aware of the figure in all its glory!

Thanks
    Wow! Your thread is very inspirational. I love your highlighted work most, especially the human figures from 'hanging flesh'.

Keep it up!

Best wishes.

Chris

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast