Thanks

will these parts make a stable system?

# note: not sure if this should be here, if not suitable - please remove.

hi guys. i'd like to get some feedback on the following computer parts. i have already gone through the entire process of deciding what i want, so i'm not intrested in replys like; "you should get a quadro instead of the 6800", or "intel sucks, get and AMD cuz it's cheaper".

just wondering about compatibility issues and such. if these parts will make a stable system, or if you can see any possible conflicts coming. anything i havn't thought of etc..

cheers.

Chassis: Antec SONATA Silent Piano-Black 380W ATX

Board: ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe i875P SATA RAID Audio GB-LAN Firewire Socket478 ATX

Procesoor: Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 3.0GHz -C Hyperthreading 512Kb 800MHz Boxed (with cpu-cooler!) Socket 478

Ram: 2 x Kingston KVR400X72C3A/512 512Mb DDR PC3200 ECC Unbuffered 184pin 400MHz

Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3200822AS 200Gb 7200rpm 8Mb cache S-ATA

DVD Writer: ASUS DRW-0804P/BLK DVD +RW/R -RW/R 8X DVD+R 4X DVD+RW 8X DVD-R 2X DVD-RW 40X CDR 24X CDRW IDE black RETAIL IDE

Video: Asus V9999Ultra Deluxe GeForce 6800Ultra 256Mb DDR3 TV-out DVI RETAIL AGP

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    well not to delve into specifics, best NEVER to buy ultra new hardware, or software for that matter....u end up paying way too much and getting too many hassles (since most of the hardware companies ship new items not fully bug tested to the market)

Try to stay below the price break point, most companies make it obvious to most which is the greatest newest blah blah.. so go where its reasonable and you'll be happy. And your pockets won't be burned so badly that the next system won't be out of the question....

ahem...unless your in an animation program, and need the juice..if so disregard all I've stated :dorky:
    draw, draw, erase, repeat

Thanks
    That sounds pretty much like my own system, and it´s working fine. You may want to buy a seperate cpu cooler, since you´ve got a silent case, and the default intel cpu cooler isn´t very quiet (well, mine isn´t atleast..).

Thanks
    I've had some trouble with the integrated network card on that motherboard- something with the drivers causes it to be flakey. I might just need to update bios though ^_^;

Thanks
    thanx for the replys guys! some more thoughts from me;

* what about the ECC memory? i heard it was slow. what's type of ram do you reccomend? i was told that my processor of choice only worked with 400mhz PC3200.

* any more opinions on the PSU? i have people all over the internet telling me different things here. will it be enough, or should i buy a better one?

* the reason i want the 6800 is because of it's dual dvi-out's. and i really need these. the cheapest quadro witl dual dvi's seem to be the 1100 but i can't afford that. any alternatives here?

thanx again!

Thanks
    keep in mind your next pc update ( :o ) you should buy a more than 400w alim... last processors (prescott,etc...) needs a 400w alim to start...
    I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    thank you so much guys for your replys, i'm really greatful!

i'm slowly starting to know everything i need to know, but if anyone has some more insight on any the following three decisions i have to make it would be great!

* ECC vs non-ECC memory?

* 380W Antec Sonata vs 430W Antec Plus 1080AMG?

* Intel retail cooler vs Zalman 7000a (cu or alcu) cooler?

any thoughts greatly appreciated! thanx.