This is not the kind of stuff that gets posted a lot around here but what the heck. These are acrylics on unprimed masonite or mdf (the pale ones are mdf.) Mostly from pictures of statues I've taken in my travels, then modified in photoshop, then painted traditionally. The dark tone on tone brown shapes are actually spray varnish on masonite, that means I can't varnish it after I'm done (well, I varnish the painted parts, but not the brown parts.) I also can't fix anything after it's dried because the mid tones are the brown of the support.

Most of these are for a show I'm having in April at a café here in Montreal.

I hope you enjoy!

Of Tentacles and Men
Got influenced by James Jean here.

Of Tentacles and Men
That's a commission, there is a process post here.

Of Tentacles and Men

Of Tentacles and Men
More tentacles, still no hentai. This is based on a statue behind a monument to King Edward VII and it's supposed to represent how he eliminated religious oppression. I think he seriously failed. That's why it's called Le Fantôme de la Liberté (which is also the title of a Bunuel movie, Bunuel being the guy who did le Chien Andalou with Dali) usually my titles aren't so deep, I tend to just think up something more or less clever.
Of Tentacles and Men
I did this just after seeing the movie War Witch, then I saw the link between the two.
Of Tentacles and Men

Of Tentacles and Men
The info about the show, and the painting of The Unfortunate Madness of Dr.Fielding.