Long (long) time lurker, first time poster here. I'm Pa Hsia, an aspiring illustrator from England.

I've been watching the forum for some time now and never posted, but I've recently gotten more serious about my art and refuse to let nerves and crummy self-confidence hold me back. I want to make a living out of this; I know I've got a long way to go, but with a bit of help I'll get there far faster than I could on my own.

Okay. Let's do this.

~~~

Recently, I've been doing a lot of work within the MLP fandom (commissions and concept art for a game), so my latest stuff is mostly that. My non-pony stuff is more varied, so I've included it to show a base line for stuff that doesn't involve pastel-coloured ponies:

Name:  blackbeard_by_pa_hsia-d3kxpj3.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  67.8 KB

Name:  the_lost_balloon_by_pa_hsia-d491a0e.png
Views: 134
Size:  126.1 KB

Name:  angha_by_pa_hsia-d3jfd5l.png
Views: 166
Size:  672.0 KB

Name:  untitled__red_head_by_pa_hsia-d3jfeif.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  68.3 KB

Concept art for the fan-made My Little Pony MMO, Legends of Equestria:
Name:  crystal_caverans__crystal_golems_by_pa_hsia-d5r1ocs.png
Views: 257
Size:  508.5 KB

Name:  canterlot_sculpture_garden__friendship_by_pa_hsia-d5gqpzu.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  150.9 KB

Name:  canterlot_sculpture_garden__cooperation_by_pa_hsia-d5gqq1h.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  100.0 KB

My most recent self-initiated project is a character design and speed-painting exercise based on recreating the generation 1 Pokemon as ponies:
Name:  _001___bulbasaur_by_pa_hsia-d5rl8xe.png
Views: 114
Size:  554.0 KB

Name:  _004___charmander_by_pa_hsia-d5rwfjz.png
Views: 108
Size:  480.4 KB

Name:  _007_squirtle_by_pa_hsia-d5u9pd9.png
Views: 106
Size:  485.0 KB

~~~

I'm going back to life drawing after a long hiatus, so I'll try to interleave studies and anatomy/perspective practice among the less portfolio-worthy paintings.

(Also: this is the first time I've used an attachment manager, and I don't know how or if I can change the size of the displayed images without re-uploading them. My apologies; I'll have it figured out by the next time I post)