The Royalty Problem - News: Brad got paid from TAD - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    So basically its a personal vendetta over a few hundred bucks aired in public, and frankly not a shred of proof to back these claims of stealing from artists.

Thats worth wrecking the London thing, and killing CA?? Cos if artists are afraid to go to the london one or be called traiters, then what pays for CA servers, and everyones sketchbooks?

Nice one.
    He does have proof, he's not the first artist it's happened to, and no matter how much money it is it's the exact kind of injustice this site should represent a vehement fight against.

This is a serious issue, don't act like fucking artists over isn't a big deal.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personal vendetta? Some idiot comes in the thread saying everyone is a fucking idiot because he knows better?
    And now it's a personal vendetta?

Where's the kool aid when you need it...

DON'T CLICK THIS

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skullsquid For This Useful Post:

thanoss Guest
    People all getting on their high and mighty horses around here today.

Get a bloody grip. I am not saying Jason is innocent in any of this. But for the nutjobs calling for people to boycott the London workshop, to boycott this site etc etc, really need to get a grip and look at what the fuck they are asking for.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thanoss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Cryptcrawlers video got downloaded shitzillions of times. do the sums; you realise that adds up to him getting paid tens of thousands of dollars BEFORE whatever he claims he has proof of happened happened?

but for a single cheque, ie a few hundred, being late, which for all you or I know could just be down to a bureaucratic mistake, hes willing to try to wreck CA.

Sorry if i think thats a dick move.

Let them have their scrap, but leave our CA out of it.

Oh and one other thing, if you get your knickers in a twist over a late paycheck, youre going to be fucking angry a lot of the time being an artist in a recession. deal with it.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; March 6th, 2013 at 04:25 AM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by thanoss View Post
    People all getting on their high and mighty horses around here today.

Get a bloody grip. I am not saying Jason is innocent in any of this. But for the nutjobs calling for people to boycott the London workshop, to boycott this site etc etc, really need to get a grip and look at what the fuck they are asking for.
    They're asking for people to not support the enterprises of a crook.

Cryptcrawlers video got downloaded shitzillions of times. do the sums; you realise that adds up to him getting paid tens of thousands of dollars right? before this feud broke out. but for the sake of a few hundred, hes trying to wreck CA.
    Hold up, you have no idea how much or little he was paid, or is currently owed and frankly it doesn't matter. Are you saying that Jason and TAD have no obligation to honor their contracts? That's sound business advice.

In response to your edit, Brad clearly stated that there were multiple checks late and that he's been stiffed for two years.

Last edited by Sentinel.; March 6th, 2013 at 04:27 AM.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sentinel. For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

HunterKiller_ is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ugh, what a tragic end. Breaks my heart.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HunterKiller_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cryptcrawlers video got downloaded shitzillions of times. do the sums; you realise that adds up to him getting paid tens of thousands of dollars BEFORE whatever he claims he has proof of happened happened?

but for a single cheque, ie a few hundred, being late, which for all you or I know could just be down to a bureaucratic mistake, hes willing to try to wreck CA.

Oh and one other thing, if you get your knickers in a twist over a late paycheck, youre going to be fucking angry a lot of the time being an artist in a recession. deal with it.
    This isn't a one-time incident. See my post above for a different example.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Main Loop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kendall, the only reason you're defending this situation is because you're in the panel at the workshop...

It's pretty obvious that you've never dealt with clients that don't pay, because that's absolutely asinine to say.
    Since it happens all the time, it's alright...wow...

DON'T CLICK THIS

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skullsquid For This Useful Post:

Jason Manley is online now Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,600 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

I am not ignoring this thread, or any of your concerns. Please know that. Everyone who knows me sees me stand up for myself when challenged and I will do so. I must ask for some time as I want input from those who tell me the truth and and I want any information I do not have so I can prepare a thoughtful and much deserved response. If any of you ever get accused of such things, I would hope you too would take time to look for answers, to find out truth, and to work for transparency and I am doing exactly that.

I am not a thief, nor would I, or could I, ever be. I can be short tempered and say things I regret, I often need to listen more before reacting, or even get too focused to see or hear or pay attention to others around me, but my intentions are good and I could not be happy with ill will in my heart. I will stand up to Brad Rigney's rant and must seek input from those I trust once I have rested and had time to gather my thoughts. It is, after all, three in the morning. I have learned to not make decisions when I feel upset, exhausted, or hurt, or any other emotion of the moment that mixes me up. I was up working on CA's new site stuff since yesterday morning and this is too serious of an accusation for me to not take my time to properly sort out truth from the noise with a clear head. None of you owe me anything. I can only imagine the holy terror of a thread this will be in the morning, but I must ask, please, to allow me time to sort through this as I do not have all facts or information. I honestly am still trying to sort it all out myself. This is too serious of a commentary to not do so.

CA. is a good place for all of us, not just me. It is far bigger than me. As I have always said, this place is what it is because of all of you, of what everyone here does, from the pros down to the most beginner of artists. I am not going to let that get ruined over anything. I will meet with those whom guide CA and my companies tomorrow and will update you all as soon as I am able. Thanks for any patience and understanding while I seek answers.

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 925 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Making memes is the best way to solve this...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JakehC For This Useful Post:

thanoss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel. View Post
    They're asking for people to not support the enterprises of a crook

Hold up, you have no idea how much or little he was paid, and frankly it doesn't matter. Are you saying that Jason and TAD have no obligation to honor their contracts? That's sound business advice.
    No they seem to be jumping on the band wagon and asking for people to basically bankrupt this site and boycott a workshop that could help hundreds of or thousands of artists that are going to attend it. There seem to be people like yourself with an agenda. How the hell do you know cryptcrawler dont have an agenda of his own? For that matter of fact because he writes something on DA everyone should now stop using this site because you think Jason is a crook? This can be cleared up between the both of them or with TAD. But there are people like yourself and others hell bent for this site to be shutdown and not used, because they have their own agendas.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thanoss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Firstly, Manley's the one that's ruining CA, not Brad. I love CA as much as everyone here, but you'd be blind not to see this.

Secondly..."deal with it"? I'm sure Brad won't exactly be losing sleep over this these days, he's trying to get the word out so others won't HAVE to "deal with it".

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to paperX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is not about late checks. It's about an artist being ripped off by someone who was supposed to be on our side.

No they seem to be jumping on the band wagon and asking for people to basically bankrupt this site and boycott a workshop that could help hundreds of or thousands of artists that are going to attend it. There seem to be people like yourself with an agenda. How the hell do you know cryptcrawler dont have an agenda of his own? For that matter of fact because he writes something on DA everyone should now stop using this site because you think Jason is a crook? This can be cleared up between the both of them or with TAD. But there are people like yourself and others hell bent for this site to be shutdown and not used, because they have their own agendas.
    Brad has a very good reputation. He wouldn't just make this up. Jason does not have a good reputation, he has allegedly done this to other artists as well.

I don't think anyone has organized a boycott of CA, it's just that many people don't feel comfortable here anymore. No one wants the site to be shut down, they want to see the site under better management.

Last edited by Ian Barker; March 6th, 2013 at 04:36 AM.

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 543 Posts
    Follows
    Following

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sickbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No one's telling anyone not to go to the workshop, or even stop posting on this site. People should know what they are supporting (and not supporting) when they pay to download something here, though.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Main Loop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The inference being anyone who does go is crossing a picket line.

I hope Brad gets his money promptly, but a late cheque is not the same as stealing, which is what his headline is currently blaring accross Facebook.

"It's pretty obvious that you've never dealt with clients that don't pay, because that's absolutely asinine to say."

dude ive been jipped loads of times by pricks but I dont go spastic and put it all over the internet, i just call them every single day, sometimes twice or three times, till they cough up.

"Brad has a very good reputation. He wouldn't just make this up. Jason does not have a good reputation, he has done this to other artists as well."

So its trial by public opinion, with no evidence. i dont like it.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; March 6th, 2013 at 05:24 AM.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Kend Now some of this is speculation but we must identify the main issue:
    It's not simply the action of having the check(s) arrive late or not at all. It is the mens rea behind the action as well. I.e., it was denied to Brad, not simply as a matter of forgetfullness or by way of accident, but denied and pocketed with the intent to shaft an artist (spec) of his contractual rights. And by Brad's own words, he had to threaten with lawsuits to even see any of the checks (if he has seen it)

If withholding money that should have been paid out as stated in a written and signed contract is not "stealing" then sir, please enlighten me on why this issue is 'not that serious'.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Raymond Luk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kendall: Do you read only what's convenient to support your own reality?
    Because that's what I'm starting to think.
    With that I'm done responding, because there's no point in doing this.

What needed to be said has been said.

DON'T CLICK THIS

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skullsquid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "@Kend Now some of this is speculation"

Speculation is great and all, but its basically making things up. Sorry if I ask a little more before I write off a site ive loved for years.

Which is why id like to see proof. And the burden of proof is with Brad.

PS saying you have proof, is not the same as having it. All im saying is i want to see his cards.
    If he can show hard proof, then I walk. But if he cant or wont produce it, that would put a different complexion on things.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; March 6th, 2013 at 04:58 AM.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The inference being anyone who does go is crossing a picket line.[/IMG]
    Really? Let's see, the ONLY person that has said anything of the sort so far in this thread is Andantonius (check for yourself). Whereas there has been FIVE cases of accusation from you and thanoss of this so-called "agenda" in the last two pages.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to paperX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by paperX View Post
    Really? Let's see, the ONLY person that has said anything of the sort so far in this thread is Andantonius (check for yourself). Whereas there has been FIVE cases of accusation from you and thanoss of this so-called "agenda" in the last two pages.
    I guess youre forgetting the one in the London event thread yeah? good bit of malicious dickery that was.

or maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Delicious View Post
    But I'm biased because I stand to benefit from the downfall of CA.
    Nice.

Im not defending anyone, but with a bandwagon this big full of Mrs Lovejoys this shrill, call me crazy if I want to see hard evidence this guy is telling the truth (which none of you seem to require at all, oddly), and not just a rant on Deviant Art, before utterly condemning everything currently or ever in the past associated with Jason Manley.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; March 6th, 2013 at 05:16 AM.

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yea but forget about the whole arguing thing, i think we just want to see proof and both sides of the argument before figuring out what to do about this;

how comes brad hasn't taken legal action?

If i wasnt paid at work that would be the first thing I would do (Take legal action), not wait years and then write a letter. To me considering the timing it something seems off, or hidden behind the scenes,

Im not writing the guy off in any way and if there are others that this has happened to then this is a HUGE deal, basically casting a shadow over a great site......

What to do what to do.....

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Siphonophores For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh ok this is all a big whoopsie in the accounts payable department. my bad!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I posted a link in there and took a cheap shot while I was at it, yes. Read into that as an agenda if you want.

Last edited by Sentinel.; March 6th, 2013 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 941 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I thought this will happen sooner or later

48. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meth For This Useful Post:

thanoss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paperX View Post

Really? I guess you missed the other posts of people asking Jason to leave, and sell CA to some random person this site. The people saying lets chip in for a new site. Lmao. the person asking jason how much he will sell CA for, or the people saying they will no longer post here, because they are on some high and might pedestal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess youre forgetting the one in the London event thread yeah?

Im not defending anyone, but with a bandwagon this big full of Mrs Lovejoys this shrill, pardon me if I want to see hard evidence this guy is telling the truth (which none of you seem to require at all, oddly), not just a rambling rant on Deviant Art.

Do you really think he would come forward with these accusations just out of fun?

M

51. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really? I guess you missed the other posts of people asking Jason to leave, and sell CA to some random person this site. The people saying lets chip in for a new site. Lmao. the person asking jason how much he will sell CA for, or the people saying they will no longer post here, because they are on some high and might pedestal.
    Exactly, they want Jason out and the site to live on. Why are you so angry, guy?

53. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by meth View Post
    Do you really think he would come forward with these accusations just out of fun?

M
    ive no idea. id like to see proof. am i being unreasonable?

55. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this will be vibrant start
    " Big changes in my life...and ConceptArt.Org

A career update today, as it relates directly to the positive improvements happening here on ConceptArt.org the past few days, and so I thought to share. I am taking big steps in my life and career and after much thought, I have decided to return my focus to the entertainment, event, and media industries where I made my career. As of today, I have stepped forward from my management position with TAD to concentrate on building ConceptArt.Org into the vibrant portal I have dreamed of for so long and to develop a related entertainment IP and technology company that I am inspired and completely excited about. I am very happy with the foundation that was established for TAD and honored to have worked with and taught so many students. Thank you all for your support and I look forward to sharing more in the coming weeks!"

M

57. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meth For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 51