The Royalty Problem - News: Brad got paid from TAD - Page 28
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: The Royalty Problem - News: Brad got paid from TAD

Jason Manley is online now Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Raoul, I have done everything in my power to do so. I do not work for TAD in any capacity so I cannot make any changes to what they do there. I am confident and hope that TAD's CEO will make the necessary changes there. As far as here on the site I will no longer be banning, handling direct disciplinary action, or being bad cop or good cop when it comes to handling problems on the site as that is now the responsibility of the admins whom have taken charge here and want me focusing on what I am good at, and that is setting up the future of the site and helping to promote those who do good things here. I have fully empowered the top admin team of Randis, Arshes, Black Spot and Aksel to head up the administration of the site, and will myself focus on improving things, and doing the best job I can. We are building a new moderator team, putting up a new and very clear forum rules system so everyone knows what they can and cannot do, and more...Lots of lessons have been learned and I am not above critique or approach. A lot of changes are needed here after I have been absent focusing on creating low cost education and scholarships and learning tools for the community and now that I am back, the admins are holding me accountable to be sure that the necessary changes are made. There are no "yes-men" or "yes-women" on the admin team and the admin speak for the community when they speak to me. And trust me...they speak their mind and have no fears about standing up for what is right. There are a lot of good things happening and sometimes it takes a good thump to reveal all the changes that need to be made. I have heard the call and am making the changes here to see that done. We are going to be doing some work for charity, and a contest which helps endangered species causes and more. We have begun re-organizing the site, cleaning up the old unused portions of the boards, and adding new tech and tools to make this place better. We have threads where folks can give input and get heard and the censoring is being removed. We have a lot of work to do. Best, JM

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanked 1,778 Times in 848 Posts
    Follows
    Following

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

JeffX99 is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,896 Times in 2,544 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Henchman 21 View Post
    jeff-

i never said they help 'here'. i said they help. (and keep in mind when i say 'the community' i mean the entertainment art community in general- not the ca community- which is increasingly a smaller part of it.) brad offers feedback and crits and does interviews elsewhere, carl is one of the most known atelier instructors out west with a fantastic student rep, etc. they might not help 'here'- but their reasons (their statements in this thread alone) make why they choose not to obvious. many of the best instructors i know of in the entertainment art world are actually still banned here, and probly wouldn't come back even if that got revoked.

theres a huuuuuuuuge art world outside of ca now. it used to be the hub, but now you have all kinds of groups, workshops, events, and study programs. all elsewhere, and all valid options. people upset about the workshop should take note, despite my wishes that it goes forward unaltered.
    Good point - my assumption was "here" as in CA. I will have to do some research into where the cool kids are hangin. And yeah, I know there is a much larger world out there...just what I have found isn't quite as active. If you have any to recommend pm me.

What would Caravaggio do?

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe the slow hand clap is a bit premature but Id go for a bit of

I I I I I I got hit with a pop! Its a fucking... a Big Gulp

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; March 10th, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    Maybe the slow hand clap is a bit premature but Id go for a bit of
    I'm just glad I didn't have to post this.
    Name:  meme.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  10.1 KB

Jason Manley is online now Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It was a smiley over and over that sticks a tongue out.

In regards to anyone here. Please don't fight or flame. As much as people were posting harsh criticism or the like, MOST everyone here, including Main Loop and a lot of others, just want what is right and good. That is how it should be. I am not above criticism or approach and if there are concerns people have the right to address them and to seek truth.

Flaming under fake names and acting in harmful ways with sock puppet accounts are two other things entirely. Those have had the courage to stand up for truth with their own names, should be respected.

Last edited by Jason Manley; March 10th, 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    If people do not mind, I'm going to ban the spambots that are on this forum. I see 2 of them if you want me to list who they are so there are no mistakes.

Krist0ina
    Jerry579

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Plz do it. That one was an a$$hole

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    If people do not mind, I'm going to ban the spambots that are on this forum. I see 2 of them if you want me to list who they are so there are no mistakes.

Krist0ina
    Jerry579
    Death to the spambots!!

::waves pitchfork::

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to arttorney For This Useful Post:

Henchman 21 is offline A dream to some...A nightmare to others! Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and so it was that the two sides joined arms against a common foe.

the spambots.

-HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-
    Crimson Daggers! live in the Danger Room, daily at 10am est!

http://livestream.com/danielsdangerroom

16. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Henchman 21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Loop View Post
    ....??
    Would anybody please summarize what the spambot was saying about me?

Thanks in advance

気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^nothing that's what made it obvious. It just listed names.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    ^nothing that's what made it obvious. It just listed names.
    It's great when obvious spambots are obvious. Thanks!!

気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Quike Garcia View Post
    Would anybody please summarize what the spambot was saying about me?

Thanks in advance
    it asked us to let you know your mother was a snowblower

on that note, enough schoolyard bullshit for now.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; March 12th, 2013 at 09:30 AM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like that the main organisation part is FINALLY given to our administrators.
    At this point I have to admit that I wouldn't have thought that you would do that Jason.
    Thanks.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukas Esch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    Whether TAD finance listens to me, is not something I can control.

A certain party there was given formal verbal and written disciplinary action from me for failing to deliver the information to me.
    that just makes no sense... how can you put forth those without having any control?

newest sketchbook
    oil paintings

"Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want." Glen Orbik

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemome View Post
    I like that the main organisation part is FINALLY given to our administrators.
    At this point I have to admit that I wouldn't have thought that you would do that Jason.
    Thanks.
    With Elwell gone.. it won't be the same :/

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

27. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Beeston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I've been around since I was 16 or 17. I'm almost 25 now. I've bought most of the downloads. It's nothing new to say that this place is completely different. I guess it's a good thing that the keys are being handed to the next generation and let them run the site. Hopefully things will get better.

I just want to point out that it's not surprising business deals among artists go awry. I can't say for sure but I doubt most are completely business literate. And those that have been successful have done so by learning as they go, and by jumping in feet first. It's not a surprise that there are many problems between parties. If you're going to turn your name into a business, as a freelancer or whatever, you have to put as much into learning about legal matters as you do about art. Learn about contracts and what employers can or can't do. There's more to being a rockstar entertainment artist than drawing pictures and European parties.

Good luck to the new admin. You are really cool people and I hope you can turn things around.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    it asked us to let you know your mother was a snowblower
    Name:  awesome.gif
Views: 1190
Size:  498.3 KB

気計 - Quike

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quike Garcia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sone_one View Post
    that just makes no sense... how can you put forth those without having any control?
    Hmmm...I will try to explain best I can. If you look at how colleges operate internally, they have a very structured way of doing things that is typically full of bureaucratic layers. So much so that decision making can be very challenging and even impossible for any one person to act outside of their position. Colleges have committees and/or Boards and all sorts of structures in place regarding how things get done and who can do what and when. The red tape can be immense. That goes for any college. There are certain decisions which can only be made at the Board level and certain decisions can be made by those on the other tiers based on their positions (like CEO or President or faculty group, or VP of Academic Affairs, Department heads, Provost, School Director, Finance Director, CFO, CTO, etc...). It is not like a typical normal company. Each college will have different things those positions can do too to some degree, but in every case as far as I am aware, the typical powers one might associate with those positions are limited to certain things.

I will give you an example from past experience....There was a point years ago where I tried to do something really cool with another college and it was approved by the board, by the president, by the provost, academic affairs, by the dept heads and it got vetoed by faculty there out of what I can only assume was fear. The whole thing nixed over decisions made at the lowest levels in the structure regardless of what all the top dogs had to say, or what they dreamed of getting done. In any other business it would have been a done deal. I doubt that anyone asked the employees at Facebook for their permission to buy Instagram, ya know? It's just different. In Facebook's case Zuckerberg is god. He controls the Board. Same goes for the guy that is CEO of Zynga. He controls the Board and all layers. I was just one vote of many and was not in that same position as those gents at all. The CEO of EA for example does not control the Board and certainly has restrictions on what he can and cannot do. The President there has even less powers. Every company is different and colleges are especially challenging to hold decision making skills. Running a college is incredibly hard and painstaking and from every case I have seen, being a college President is not an almighty position in any way shape or form. Bureaucracy is difficult and necessary by law and must abide by how the states set things up. I can only imagine what it must be like in govmt..even there Obama can't do a lot of things without congress or the senate...like conrol budgets (which are set by congress in that case right?).

Last edited by Jason Manley; March 11th, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The quotes in your signature are pretty humorous, Jason. The version of "truth" you live in will isolate you for the rest of your life.

I've learned a lot from you, but it has nothing to do with art. In fact, most of the time spent in an actual classroom with you, you were too busy tending to your dog, taking calls, and taking naps on the couch. That is, if you showed up to the class at all. No, what I learned is ways not to be—and people to avoid. I used to be part of this community, and like many others, I'm left with memories of what it used to be. And it had very little to do with you, Jason. You're good at grabbing onto talented people, hiding behind that valuable talent, and then leeching and sucking them dry.

If you truly cared about art and the artist's community (which is much different than a consumer base), you wouldn't try to bleed professional artists and take their livelihood because of a narcissistic grudge. After you're done fucking over TAD, like you tried to do with MB, maybe you could pick up a sketchbook and post some new work! Though, you'll probably be looking for some new Marks (or Johns) to con, too busy with "biz stuff" to spend time creating artwork. Because really, where's the money in that?

This may fall on deaf ears on this forum, but I felt I needed to say something. Take your heroes and "leaders" with a grain of salt. I could say more, but I'll leave it at this — run away from Jason Manley.

Sincerely,
    Cody Miles

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cotron For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 730 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, there's your problem, mate. You have heroes and leaders.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stoat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    Ah, there's your problem, mate. You have heroes and leaders.
    Heroes are a good thing to have given you choose the right ones. They're inspiration.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This thread is a ridiculous turd but I only have the highest of opinions of Jason Manley after reading through it all.

The Brad Rigby needs to stop being a ghetto ass and posting to deviant art to get $100 or whatever. You use the other $10,00 you got to hire a bloody lawyer.

sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    His name is Brad Rigney, and no, it's not worth it to hire a lawyer because you'll most likely loose more money than you gain. The only way of solving this was posting it to the community, so others that have been affected by the same thing can reach out...and things can come to an understanding.

edit: I just tried to imagine the dolan version of Brad Rigney, as Brad Rigby. Oh god.

BLAHBLAHBLAH

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deadlyhazard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Izi View Post
    The Brad Rigby needs to stop being a ghetto ass and posting to deviant art to get $100 or whatever.
    That was not the point of his post.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 730 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barker View Post
    Heroes are a good thing to have given you choose the right ones. They're inspiration.
    I advise you not to read too many biographies of the masters. I ruined a few of my favorites before I learned that lesson.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lawyers save you money. I guess his point was to have .000002% of the art world think of him as a crazy greedy petulant a-hole?

whatever.

sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cotron View Post
    I've learned a lot from you, but it has nothing to do with art. In fact, most of the time spent in an actual classroom with you, you were too busy tending to your dog, taking calls, and taking naps on the couch. That is, if you showed up to the class at all. No, what I learned is ways not to be—and people to avoid.
    I'm not sure why all this bashing is still neccessary, his art, or art-knowledge etc has nothing to do with the topic of Brad being paid or not. I did learn a ton from Jason's videos by the way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I advise you not to read too many biographies of the masters. I ruined a few of my favorites before I learned that lesson.
    Yeah, you kinda have to pick and choose the qualities of people. If you need inspiration for your work ethic for example, Michael Jordan is a good hero, but if you need someone to look up to for being a pleasant person, he's not.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 49