The Royalty Problem - News: Brad got paid from TAD - Page 18
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Royalty Problem - News: Brad got paid from TAD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barker View Post
    Stop responding to scarecrow and he'll go away.
    Not really.

I'M THE CRYBABY
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Dont be ridiculous, you can stay if you want. Put some art up in a sketchbook and they cant ban you, its the rules. Probably.
    Point is if you want to stick around, stick around.We're all art weirdos here. It can be fun and nice as well terrifying with loads of people going nuts like recently, particularly if like most of us you dont have any art mates where you live. My word doesnt matter at all in this Im just another punter; Aksel is watching the thread so its his call, but you havent been canned yet and you dont seem like that bad of a guy, I think you should stay.

As for the dispute that caused all this, maybe there was a lot of badness going on, but it does at least seem like its being sorted. If that can be shown, and if all the artists who made videos are properly compensated, and its also shown that no on got rich at their expense and nothing like that will ever fucking happen again, then i think, personally, Id could accept that. Thats what I hope happens anyway.
    And trust me, adding work and critting other people will push your art through the roof.
    What you think?

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; March 8th, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow7 View Post
    I truly appreciate your offer. I actually do. I would love some critiques for my work and junk. But I can't stay. Not after what was displayed in this thread. Can't you see? I can't stay in a site where we can't say something small against the people who run this site or else we will be banned or the comments are removed. Sorry to disagree but I do not want to see this community or TAD burn to the ground. I just want to see that the people involved do the right thing.
    Correction: You can't say something overtly stupid and expect people to take you seriously.
    They're doing you a service you know. You should be thankful that the mods here have the patience to clean up after you.
    If they wanted to censor you they'd outright ban you, but I figure the gods are amused at this point. I know this from experience.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HarbingerofIllRepute View Post
    Correction: You can't say something overtly stupid and expect people to take you seriously.
    They're doing you a service you know. You should be thankful that the mods here have the patience to clean up after you.
    If they wanted to censor you they'd outright ban you, but I figure the gods are amused at this point. I know this from experience.
    If they want to ban me let them do it. Proves my point.

I'M THE CRYBABY

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Scarecrow, you are going to be banned. If not for being a troll, for having multiple accounts. They are just sticking it out like the above writer said to see how stupid you can go.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dile_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I for one, would love to see your point proven.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If they want to ban me let them do it. Proves my point.
    Naw no ones been banned far as i can see, for a lot worse than your cheeky shenanigans. I reckon, start a sketchbook, be nice, itll be fine. Youll see.
    And if you really want to bust my chops, theres a shitty piece of work in the crit section with my name on it that needs tearing apart...

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=266984

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Deleting his posts isn't good. This site already has a bad reputation for that. Just banning him for being an obvious troll would be best.

/backseatmodding

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Deleting his posts isn't good. This site already has a bad reputation for that. Just banning him for being an obvious troll would be best.

/backseatmodding
    For defending myself I am being called a troll. Way to go.

I'M THE CRYBABY

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I have banned Scarecrow. Sock puppet accounts created purely for the sake of arguing will not be tolerated, under the circumstances I'm not touching the original account.
    But be warned on this issue.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

/backseatmodding
    Calling him a troll would imply that his stupidity was intentional.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    feel a bit bad at the end there, it seemed like for a moment in one of his deleted posts he actually did kind of want to stick around and get some crits and stuff but thought we'd shout at him..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    feel a bit bad at the end there, it seemed like for a moment he actually did kind of want to stick around and get some crits and stuff but thought we'd shout at him..
    He's a puppeteer, he will surface eventually.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For defending myself I am being called a troll. Way to go.
    Hi Scarecrow,

I think people are calling you out on three things:

1) You have multiple accounts saprissa and this one, the fact that you aren't posting your thoughts on your main account makes people take what you say less seriously.
    2) You sent a rather rude message in private to VK, which we don't tend to do around here. It's a community, whether it's on CGHub, CA, Facebook, CGTalk, IFX forums, Crimson Daggers, it doesn't really matter, we are a tight knit community and even when there are disputes people try to resolve them rather than resorting to flaming or threats or name calling. We're all in it together really.
    3) You're not being called a troll because you defend yourself but because you've formed a rigid opinion of the site and you're going to leave a community due to one persons mistake (whoever it ends up being still remains to be seen we need to wait on the audit). If you are planning on leaving regardless of the outcome of the audit then it makes relatively little sense to continue posting about it and chastising people who would genuinely help you in art, friendship, anything really people here tend to rock.

For what it's worth, I hope some of the old members who resurfaced to post their thoughts as well as the people who left due to this debacle come back so that the community can be reinvigorated. It has been a bit tense since the stuff that happened in 2009 and I've always found that sad. But the art community as a whole is a wonderful place and CA does have many of those wonderful people in it. It would be a shame to cut off your nose to spite your face really The people here make the community, not a single person. So I hope it can be resolved further and more information come out so we can all form opinions on fact.

But there isn't need for any kind of attacks or arguing at this point, people should keep a level head and just wait it out until we have more information.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen Wardell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, to clear up the Scarecrow7 thing.

Scarecrow7 is an confirmed alternate account for another user on this forum that some of the other users with troll-radars have already spotted. He was not banned for his opinions, but banned for using multiple accounts to gang up on people, for multiple accounts of name calling (i.e the previously deleted posts he made) and for harassment through PMs.

So yeah, let's continue the discussion civilly and on topic.

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aksel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Where is the emoticon of women hitting each other with handbags when you need one?

23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After reading through 18 pages of discussion, accusations, moronic comments, trolling and what not...i still got the feeling that something isn't right here.

What bothers me the most is this;
    A. As far as i can understand no one knows when the final report is going to be produced (if at all), and no one knows if this report would provide an unbiased description and analysis of the facts/actual occurrences.

B. Although, i can understand the eagerness of all the involved parties (even Brad's after he got payed) to calm this storm as fast as possible. I think the art community in large (not only CA's) would benefit tremendously from getting more information about this issue - knowledge is power, and provided with that knowledge, younger artists would be less exposed to danger of getting ripped off by a company/editor/etc.

Cheers,
    Fallen.

Open for commissions......just PM me.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fallenangel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sup, also came home from school an hour ago and I had to read all the stuff that happened over night.
    8 pages in this thread and Brad's new journal entry.
    Guys, stop posting so much...

But besides of that I want to say that I am happy that Brad Rigney received his money and that Jason Manley is taking part in this discussion.
    In the end it comes down to a few points.
    - A proper statement from Jason
    - A proper statement from people involved with TAD
    - A final statement from Brad Rigney

Hopefully, all these 3 parts will post something up in the end.
    If that's the case and the whole things get's solved than, atleast for me, everythings fine again. Even though something like this SHOULDN'T happen again in the future.

I still want everyone to contribute stuff to make this community good again.
    If you have some spare time and you want to support the community, then just click here, read some stuff and start contributing.
    Thanks.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lukas Esch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1.) I'm glad this place isn't going to go - did genuinely look shaky for a minute there. Although I don't post much, I frikkin love it. I remember my early days years back of floating around looking at art, and genuinely thinking it was inhuman what the pros did/ do on here. As was said by various people earlier in the thread, if there's a better art site with as good a range of content as this one, I'd love to hear of it. Just for being a resource, even if indiscretions have happened, on the whole, Id say CA does WAY more good than bad. You could pretty much get the content of an art degree here in the old threads, especially in places like the fine art section etc.

2.) Maybe I'm wrong, but seriously wtf is wrong with everyone? I know its the internet but seriously? I mean, in a way its funny, but this thread is like a school playground, it, to be fair, would look and feel way better around here if people showed respect, and it goes both ways from old timers to newbies...how can we bring this place back to what it once was? (or maybe I have rose tinted glasses on the matter?)

lets get the top guns who have left to come back somehow...that's my take on all this, and I don't just mean recently, I mean from way back...

its like the rainforest getting cut down, all these individual artist species are disappearing (on this site that is)

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to haljarrett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy hell. I come back this morning to two pages of outright squabbling. Way to take the focus off the actual issues here and make anyone still asking for answers look less legitimate. I may have taken some cheap shots at the beginning out of anger myself, but it does no good to let go completely.

I still want answers on why this happened, direct answers that don't sidestep or look like they're playing musical chairs over the responsibility for it. It would be refreshing to see someone, anyone, actually own up for a change. I think Fallenangel has summed up how I feel about things as they stand, so I'll leave it at that.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sentinel. For This Useful Post:

Henchman 21 is offline A dream to some...A nightmare to others! Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just for perspective-

the more volatile and angry this gets, the more likely management will start censoring, banning, and cleaning just to improve the perceived atmosphere of the site for newcomers.

if you want to have a discussion, dont use name calling or insults. stick to what facts we have and what evidence the past provides on the individuals this concerns.

stop giving the forum an actual reason to start deleting this, cause that wont help anyone.

as for the name change of the thread- from 'is ca/tad' stealing artist royalties?' (or whatever it was) to 'brad got paid today'
    this is a fun little edit to save some face on the thread list, but it ignores the other 2 artists who have already publically come forward about not being paid by the same organizations and people weve been in here flaming.

sure, this thread started about brad, but a lot more has come to light since that initial response. dont neglect it. this issue doesn't end with brad getting his money, there are still others to think about- and keep in mind-

being paid after 2 years of hassle doesn't delete the problem of the 2 years themselves. this conversation shouldn't be about him finally getting his due, it should be about making sure the people responsible never get to be in a position to do that to someone else again.

please calm down, think, and respond.

-HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-
    Crimson Daggers! live in the Danger Room, daily at 10am est!

http://livestream.com/danielsdangerroom

33. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Henchman 21 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dan, I completely agree with you about keeping things calm and thinking before we respond. But with that also comes the responsibility of reading every post carefully before making responses that appear to be more assumptions.

This is a long thread and I tired myself out reading through it, but a couple of pages back, I remember Jason mentioning that the royalties owed were from the last quarter not the last two years. Now, I understand that both Jason's and Brad's words are claims and without proof there's no way to know for sure if either of them is speaking truthfully or if they're embellishing things to their own benefit.

I'm not here to say or assume either way. I'm just saying it's important not to ignore anything that's said by either party. Not if we don't want to appear biased by one or the other.

With that said, I'm staying out of this until Jason comes back with further information because at this point, now that Brad Rigney has been paid, it looks like he's now left with the task of clearing his name. And I don't envy anyone that, not in light of the witch hunt that's gone on in here and elsewhere over the last few days.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Candra H For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know who actually changed the thread title but I think it didn't get changed because someone wanted to make this topic look less "ugly".
    If everyone is really that concerned about the thread title, then I would change it back as is used to be or to "Is ca/tad' stealing artist royalties? - News: Brad got paid".

Just drop me your opinion and I'll react to it.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukas Esch For This Useful Post:

Henchman 21 is offline A dream to some...A nightmare to others! Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Candrah- I read every post in the thread haha, somehow. and certainly all of jasons. unfortunately the issue is at a standstill until theres some kind of screenshot or documentation to back up jasons / TADs claims. with the addition of shawn and sterling in the mix, im increasingly convinced its less of an issue with TAD themselves, and more an issue with jason managing TAD at the time these things occured. (that comment about leaving tad much as he left MB and brilliant colors being particularly effective). hopefully well get more info so we can see this from all angles, but until then im still of the mind that Brad has and deserves the benefit of the doubt on his claims. thats just me, however.

that being said, please! keep this somewhat civil so they dont bring the broom out.

-HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-
    Crimson Daggers! live in the Danger Room, daily at 10am est!

http://livestream.com/danielsdangerroom

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Henchman 21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Henchman 21 View Post
    Candrah- I read every post in the thread haha, somehow. and certainly all of jasons. unfortunately the issue is at a standstill until theres some kind of screenshot or documentation to back up jasons / TADs claims. with the addition of shawn and sterling in the mix, im increasingly convinced its less of an issue with TAD themselves, and more an issue with jason managing TAD at the time these things occured. (that comment about leaving tad much as he left MB and brilliant colors being particularly effective). hopefully well get more info so we can see this from all angles, but until then im still of the mind that Brad has and deserves the benefit of the doubt on his claims. thats just me, however.

that being said, please! keep this somewhat civil so they dont bring the broom out.
    No worries. Your eyes are probably as sore as mine then. And benefit of the doubt goes both ways, so yeah, there's no more we can do but wait and see.

But never mind brooms. I hear Blackspot gets perky when people get trolly.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Candra H For This Useful Post:

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemome View Post
    I don't know who actually changed the thread title but I think it didn't get changed because someone wanted to make this topic look less "ugly".
    If everyone is really that concerned about the thread title, then I would change it back as is used to be or to "Is ca/tad' stealing artist royalties? - News: Brad got paid".

Just drop me your opinion and I'll react to it.

As an administrator you simply need to go to Administrative - Edit Thread, Proceed to see what happened.

Sorry, it just kinda a pet peeve to have administrators not know or understand how forum works. So part of it is me helping out in this response.

If you need to contact me preferable method would be in email at this time. I will not be responding to PMs.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually know how to change the thread title, so no worries there Arshes Nei.
    But I wanted to change it only if people want to, not that people shout up again ala "Ohhh, it got changed again, dramaaaa".

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemome View Post
    I actually know how to change the thread title, so no worries there Arshes Nei.
    But I wanted to change it only if people want to, not that people shout up again ala "Ohhh, it got changed again, dramaaaa".
    You said you didn't know who changed it. I just told you how to see and who edited the threads.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah okay, then I misunderstood you, sorry.
    Didn't now about this yet, so thank you very much.

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 Times in 3,594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenangel View Post
    After reading through 18 pages of discussion, accusations, moronic comments, trolling and what not...i still got the feeling that something isn't right here.

What bothers me the most is this;
    A. As far as i can understand no one knows when the final report is going to be produced (if at all), and no one knows if this report would provide an unbiased description and analysis of the facts/actual occurrences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    In order to provide transparency I have a proposal if this community wishes for it to be done. I am willing to ask for an audit and report to be created by Jeffrey Rose esq, whom is one of the top attorney's in the business and a speaker at the workshop, and whom some of you have seen volunteer and speak at the Greenlight Summit. This will not come cheap but I will pay to get it done. Jeff is a highly respected leader in entertainment and IP law and is familiar with this community and what this site is all about and knows art law inside and out. I am also willing to do a sworn affidavit under oath, with the penalty for perjury/falsehood being jail. I am willing to put my own neck on the line. So if you want answers, I can provide them in a way that is not harm others. There has been enough of that. As for the questions and full report, if the community is ok with this as a solution I will contact Mr. Rose tomorrow and send him all that I have. If the community has a lawyer of choice that it feels would be better to do so, do let me know as I want to get this done as quickly as possible.
    I think you need to re-read what Jason posted - I moved the bold to highlight the offer for anyone here to nominate a lawyer.

I am a senior auditor at a firm of Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors - you have to understand that any registered auditor although they are appointed have a duty to maintain impartiality or they will lose their registration. Also they are duty bound not to accept if there is a conflict of interest - being paid to do their job is not a conflict of interest. I pushed for this hard because this type of report has to be impartial in reporting its statement.

And Jason's emails can be quite terse and dismissive even if he didn't mean it. I've got used to it, but others may have found them a bit harsh. Nagged him about that too. I'm good at nagging; I practice a lot - my husband and kids will testify to this.

There have been a lot of multiple accounts been made in last few days. If you PM me I'll delete your sockpuppets as long as they haven't been offensive.

Time get perky again.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

49. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 50