The Royalty Problem - News: Brad got paid from TAD - Page 14
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Royalty Problem - News: Brad got paid from TAD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Until we know full details I still resign judgement. Now more than ever in light of new issues, especially since CA.org has nothing to do with any of it. One man, who worked at a company who may or may not have been contacted when he was still in a position to do anything about it is.

Which makes me wonder even more if this is the case because once again quoting Brad

I think what *is* my responsibility is to make clear is that TAD is no longer affiliated with Conceptart.Org/Manley anymore.
    I don't know the exact details of that.
    Whatever information he heard said that Manley isn't even affiliated with TAD. So once again, did Brad contact Jason when he without a doubt had some sort of control over it in TAD. That being the only real point I'm curious of.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Jason Manley is online now Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,568 Times in 2,177 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Loop View Post
    We're not out of the woods yet. There are still a lot of unanswered questions.

Yep...and I am going to answer them. I will post a link in a sec, to the post I am about to make. Your work is of my favorite of any artist anywhere right now and even if it was just you asking, I would want to provide the answers. Even if you go away and think that JM is a POS I will still be a fan of what you do and will one day own one or two of those paintings of yours.

JM

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Jason Manley is online now Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JFierce View Post
    Until we know full details I still resign judgement. Now more than ever in light of new issues, especially since CA.org has nothing to do with any of it. One man, who worked at a company who may or may not have been contacted when he was still in a position to do anything about it is.

Which makes me wonder even more if this is the case because once again quoting Brad

Whatever information he heard said that Manley isn't even affiliated with TAD. So once again, did Brad contact Jason when he without a doubt had some sort of control over it in TAD. That being the only real point I'm curious of.
    You are correct, CA.O had nothing to do with it. TAD took over all those contracts in 2010.

I reached out to Brad a few days ago to assist and provide information and he did not respond.

Mr. Rigney is mistaken again. I still own half the company. I just do not work there, I don't have operational control, or control of Finance, or view into TAD financial matters. CA.O and TAD are still under contract together. TAD is still atop this site, most of TAD's students still come from CA.O and TAD is still responsible to pay for CA.O's servers and site maintenance per those contracts, although I have been paying it myself for several months.

Sad thing is, from what little info I do have, I am certain that the one person that TAD owes the most royalties is me. How is that for irony? Just because one owns stock in a company or created a company, does not mean that they run it or control it or have the ability to pay people.

Last edited by Jason Manley; March 8th, 2013 at 01:04 AM.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would like to believe you. I really would.

At this point I think a lot of us would like some hard evidence here. It seems as if you and TAD are saying different things and some proof would help clear the air.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why is the thread being edited? There's already another thread with the followup...

DON'T CLICK THIS

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skullsquid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkledust9000 View Post
    At this point I think a lot of us would like some hard evidence here. It seems as if you and TAD are saying different things and some proof would help clear the air.
    I just got this in a PM

Re: gggggg
    Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall
    no further damage to the school or the students is the best result I could have hoped for.

scarecrow7
    Don't bet on it. Good luck with the London thing LOL. If I was in the panel would also fight like a dog for scraps. But guess what? The whole industry witnessed how you tried to protect Jason unmanly or at least turn a blind eye to this. I hope people remember you for this. Good. luck because this will become a grave now

it really hurt my feelings. and from such a valued member of the community its... who are you again?

Anyway point is when will people learn i can dish it out but i cant take it? its not hard to remember. can dish it out, cant take it. simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    Id like to see the proof before I make my mind up.
    Was it worth it? I still think more information is key. But no, getting that kind of thing in the mail makes trying to appeal to a mob for some kind of rational thought and more information seem like a waste of time.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; March 8th, 2013 at 03:57 AM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol that's pretty funny I'm not going to lie. THAT .... is mob mentality. Grab some pitchforks and string someone up and anyone who doesn't agree with what's presented is going right up there as well.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    I just got this in a PM

"The whole industry witnessed how you tried to protect Jason unmanly or at least turn a blind eye to this. I hope people remember you for this. Good. luck because this will become a grave now"
    People can be shits at times

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So.....are we going to get some real proof here or what?

The story from TAD and from Manley are not matching up. What's going on?

P.S. I like how the name of the thread got changed. That seems a little......odd.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinkledust9000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ....and the editing begins

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Main Loop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did you see those unicorns? They were so pretty.

DON'T CLICK THIS

20. The Following User Says Thank You to skullsquid For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ....and the editing begins
    It was just the title. Don't get your knickers in such a twist.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    doesnt matter. why did it need to be edited in the first place?

I will not have CA.O wrongly dragged through the mud any further. If someone wants to do so then I will take issue with that. This site helps people every day and without it a lot of good things would not be happening for people. I will not see it ruined over misinformation.

Last edited by Jason Manley; March 8th, 2013 at 02:01 AM.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So then it was TAD that withheld payment from all these artists intentionally?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    It was just the title. Don't get your knickers in such a twist.
    doesnt matter. why did it need to be edited in the first place?

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Main Loop For This Useful Post:

What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In case TAD is reading. Here are the other artists who've made videos for CA: http://www.youtube.com/user/MassiveDVD

Brad got his due how about the others?

I hate to think Donato got stiffed too.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anton Chigurh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was going to make a new thread but figured it would just be easier to post here. CA.O and I were wrongly accused of stealing from artists this week, due to late payment by TAD Finance to some of the artists who created the videos. As I am under heavy scrutiny and integrity and reputation is important to me, I am going to work to provide the transparency that people seek, as promised. I would like to see all questions that were raised answered and to see this matter ended.

In order to provide transparency I have a proposal if this community wishes for it to be done. I am willing to ask for an audit and report to be created by Jeffrey Rose esq, whom is one of the top attorney's in the business and a speaker at the workshop, and whom some of you have seen volunteer and speak at the Greenlight Summit. This will not come cheap but I will pay to get it done. Jeff is a highly respected leader in entertainment and IP law and is familiar with this community and what this site is all about and knows art law inside and out. I am also willing to do a sworn affidavit under oath, with the penalty for perjury/falsehood being jail. I am willing to put my own neck on the line. So if you want answers, I can provide them in a way that is not harm others. There has been enough of that. As for the questions and full report, if the community is ok with this as a solution I will contact Mr. Rose tomorrow and send him all that I have. If the community has a lawyer of choice that it feels would be better to do so, do let me know as I want to get this done as quickly as possible.

I am very happy to hear that TAD's Chief Executive Officer finally took care of the issue he "alone" is responsible to handle, and I had made him aware of, as he is the top exec in the company and sole party in control of TAD Finance. As I said before, I notified TAD Finance about Brad's issue when Brad brought it to my attention and wish it would not have taken this long, nor did I know it had not been paid. I no longer work there and was not provided answers when I sent numerous formal inquiries when I did. TAD taking care of that is complete and total confirmation that this was not the debt of CA.O, nor did CA.O have anything to do with the payment matters, nor was CA.O as a company aware of any issues there. TAD took over all CA.O video contracts in 2010 when it contractually agreed to pay for the servers and maintenance here.

For those who think that anything I have said is untrue I have prepared all documents, emails, and content, completed my research and am willing to work an attorney to create a report. I will have a lot of work here to clear my name and will continue to do good work in this community. If the above solution is workable for you all, do let me know and I will begin tomorrow and hopefully have something early next week.

Best,

Jason Manley

Last edited by Jason Manley; March 8th, 2013 at 02:00 AM.

31. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    First off I'd like to say fuck you to who ever threatend VK.

"Just because one owns stock in a company or created a company, does not mean that they run it or control it or have the ability to pay people. "

Why did you set it up that way then? It truly sounds like a clusterfuck. Why did you make it so hard for anybody including yourself to figure out where the money is?

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So then TAD is responsible for this. Is that correct?

Also weren't you president of TAD during the las two years while Cryptcrawler was trying to get paid?
    Doesn't that mean you had power to fix that situation?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to say, this doesn't add up. So Brad did email you, and you notified finance while you were still president of TAD. Why no follow up with them then? Doesn't the president control the purse strings? Why did it take two years and a public outcry for him to get his due?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Jason, in Brad's original journal he said that he had been emailing you personally trying to get the royalties and that you wouldn't send them to him. I just want to know if that part is true.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    First off I'd like to say fuck you to who ever threatend VK.

"Just because one owns stock in a company or created a company, does not mean that they run it or control it or have the ability to pay people. "

Why did you set it up that way then? It truly sounds like a clusterfuck. Why did you make it so hard for anybody including yourself to figure out where the money is?
    It is a college with an accredited program. There is a Board of Directors at the top then managers under that. It is how it has to be done. I wish I did have transparency. I would have dealt with the issue. The report and audit I mentioned above will show this. My requests, in writing, on behalf of the artists and on my own, were many. But make no mistake, TAD has done a tremendous amount of good and continues to do so. The school is full of good people and true industry leaders. There has been 1.6 million in scholarships awarded to date from the scholarship program I set up so people in CA.O who were working hard could have an opportunity to go to college, and there are no other colleges out there who have helped to have that happen here.

Last edited by Jason Manley; March 8th, 2013 at 02:19 AM.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barker View Post
    Jason, in Brad's original journal he said that he had been emailing you personally trying to get the royalties and that you wouldn't send them to him. I just want to know if that part is true.
    Brad notified me yes. I then immediately notified TAD's CEO and TAD Finance and later followed up with requests to see if anyone was still owed funds, and if so if payment arrangements had been made...numerous times...and in writing (which I have backed up). The lack of transparency is one of the reasons I chose to move on to do other things. I had no idea if TAD had paid Mr. Rigney or not, and no way of knowing. The audit/report I am willing to pay to get done by a lawyer will certainly prove this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel. View Post
    I have to say, this doesn't add up. So Brad did email you, and you notified finance while you were still president of TAD. Why no follow up with them then? Doesn't the president control the purse strings? Why did it take two years and a public outcry for him to get his due?
    Brad's payment issue was from the prior quarter when his videos were on sale, if I remember correctly. It was not two years late. Compared to the tens of thousands he had been paid prior, I think the amount was in the hundreds. Regardless, I notified the appropriate parties immediately, who have the power to handle that, and I did follow up, numerous times...and in writing, as said. As stated already, I am willing to share these with an attorney to have a report/audit created if you wish.

No I did not control the purse strings. I did not have checks. I did not sign the checks. TAD Finance is managed by the CEO. At the time Brad notified me, I was technically still President but had not been on TAD's payroll for some time. I still took every appropriate effort to see that the appropriate parties paid him. My requests for information were also submitted to TAD's Board.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's interesting info on TAD.

You didn't answer the question though.

Weren't you the president of TAD when this all happened? Yes or no.

Or is it all TAD's fault as the company stands now?

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinkledust9000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Even with a board of directors and some hurdles to jump, two years? Really? Was it not important enough to be taken care of promptly before it exploded on the Internet? I cannot imagine that a solution couldn't have been reached before this point without some deliberate inaction on someone, if not multiple people's parts.

Edit- I only just saw the response to my earlier post. So Is Brad mistaken when he said that he hadn't been paid in two years? Or did I misunderstand what he meant?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why don't you just post the email?

If none of this is your fault and you have the paperwork to prove it why do you need a lawyers approval?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Because legal issues are sticky and sharing private documents isn't a simple as "here you go!" would be my guess.

47. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JFierce is completely right. If I release content that is in private discussions then that is a problem for some. Going through a lawyer will allow the answers to be provided by someone whom is not me, whom can attest to the information and share it in a way that does not create liabilities regarding the release of documents.

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Brad did not have two years before he got paid. Brad has earned tens of thousands of dollars from doing that video and had been paid all but a portion of it. I do not have the financial documents, nor did I get them, but I would think it was the last period his vid was on sale, when video sales were down to a trickle.

51. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 50