Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Thanks
    thanks
    here are some things, i really have to draw and paint more that's what i mean
    Attached Images Attached Images                                

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thanks
    some things all from yesterday except the paintings

Thanks
    hello people i 't been a stressful time and i was tired a lot and lazy so i didn't do much ( again )
    one important change is that i now have applied to do an evening school class concept art
    i hope that helps me a bit i hesitated to change my whole college mayor from illustration to game design but my parents where against that

Thanks
    sorry for not posting so long again :/

Thanks
    all from imagination except the model
    man with hat is (edit: was )my boyfriend , it's really hard to draw someone out of my head XD
    Last edited by ElisaClaes; December 14th, 2013 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks
    finished this today
    Last edited by ElisaClaes; October 17th, 2013 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks

Thanks
    maybe if i was not lazy and did as more work at my own art in place of looking at the art of other people i would get somewhere

Thanks
    joined the spitpaint group on facebook (30 min max on one of the given themes and no photo textures)good fun.
    plus story illustrations for school

Thanks
    so when does my stuff will begin to get better? -_-

Thanks
    Heya!
    Your work has improved a lot since page one, believe me . I can see the difference.
    I feel the same almost all the time lol. But it's like that with everything, you're the one putting in the work every day. And time moves along slowly for you. While a bystander only sees the results in big chunks. You just gotta keep rocking it and well both be there soon enough .

Thanks
    @mrkolsyrad : thanks i also see the difference but i don't think it's enough

Thanks

Thanks
    not so good
    Last edited by ElisaClaes; December 3rd, 2013 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks
    sad amount of art

Thanks
    school ruins my productivity and gets me depressed

Thanks
    pffffft
    Last edited by ElisaClaes; December 29th, 2013 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks
    Hm. It's kind of hard for me to give you good advice, but I think the best idea right now would be to practice perspective until you get a feeling for it and allow yourself more time on a single painting. Naturally things will look a little off if you just put them down and don't come back to them. It isn't any different for me.

Now please don't get this wrong, I'm trying to help you and not to insult you.

Why do I think you should do perspective? Just looking at your studies(at least I guess it is studies) is kind of freaking me out. When there is two circles on a plane both of these circles will have the same form, when they move up or down they will change their form, when they move along that plane they will keep it. At least in one-point. In the drawing right above this post that isn't the case. The seeds, can and bowl all have different circles whilst standing on the same ground-plane. (The top circle of the can is fine, it should be flatter than those on the ground because it is higher up)

The next thing would be - and I think it is less important - your linework. It is in general a good idea to have the linework help your drawings by having heavier and lighter sides of linework. Heavier sides where there is shadow, lighter sides where there is light. You seem to just be using some sort of outline and honestly, that doesn't look very good.

Well.. now that sounds all so bad, eh? I think you've got some really cool ideas though I feel you can bring them across a lot better if you follow my advice.

One last thing for today: Try using the biggest brush possible when working on the computer.. and scale it down only if you need smaller ones to add more detail. It's just a general piece of advice that I've been given to by a nice illustrator and I think it helps a bunch! I'm still a fan of adding linework first though, just because it is a lot easier to correct and bring down ideas quickly. At least to me.

Hope you can take something out of it!
    Cheers!

Thanks
    pfft again

Thanks
    exams are over. for my concept art course i had to make a storyboard of a self invented story and there had to be a turtle in it

Thanks
    Certainly there is improvement going on… so there is little need for "pffft"

You might benefit from more painting/photograph studies to help your painting, particularly atmospheric perspective . Currently your foreground and background colours are very close together thus flattening your paintings.

Here is a great video I watched yesterday. I always learn so much when I watch people with so much kick ass talent. Hope it can help you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nImc75t8gWk

Keep at it!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pindurski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The intent is there, but you really lack structure with what you're doing. Your figure drawings stand head and shoulders above everything else. What you need to do is go back to the basics, and the fundamentals. Draw from life, draw everything. Try not to worry about digital too much at this stage, just focus on understanding forms and improving your linework. It would also be a a good idea to do more studies.

Thanks
    mostly ugly stuff for school. the teacher had a kind of thing to try to explain that the things like the scribbles and stuff could make better illustrations then detailed figures. sorry teacher you don't make sense to me XD

Thanks
    Good work, keep studying. Your teacher has a point. Detail can be a great way to describe an object or create texture, especially during studies to help you learn and understand what you are drawing. But, detail doesn't necessarily make a good illustration. Sometimes a well placed squiggle or scratchy line can insinuate texture, form or movement. Knowing when to use texture and when to use obscurity, is one of the biggest challenges an artist faces. This is not to say that these squiggles and scratches are thrown on the paper with happenstance, they can be strategic, and in doing so they can help compliment the areas of your illustration that do contain detail. Reserve detail, for the focal point of you drawing and try and describe the supporting elements with "broad strokes" so to speak. I hope this helps. Be patient. This takes years

Thanks
    portraits from imagination, wip painting based on a 2y old sketch, the shining quick study and sketches/doodles

Thanks
    I think you should spend more time on your studies and paintings, too. For me quality comes first.. so I work rather slowly. I'm not quite sure if that's the best way to learn, but in my opinion you should give it a try. It does also help you finish stuff. In the beginning.. to be entirely accurate until about two weeks ago I was anything but consistent.

Well.. anyhow I think you should try working from general to specific.. I myself still struggle with that as well.. I always tend to start with detail and forget about the big picture. Well not so much lately, but I certainly had a lot of trouble with it and still occasionally have it.

I can also only recommend you to view art as something you want to do(even studies). As stupid as that might sound.. I think that's what keeps me going currently. I learned to like doing what I do.

Also you might want to watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQfF-P70V2Q

Hope it helps you

Thanks
    i find it hard to start drawing/painting. i love it a lot but it's just hard for me to grab a pencil or open photoshop
    i also struggle with losing time on useless things on the internet i don't even like doing maybe it's even a slight addiction or just weird thing with my brain ( i'm autistic) idk i mean really hours and hours literary of boring games like bubble shooter, random youtube video's, meme sites , news sites,... I mean why do i do that i don't know but yet it seems like i just keep doing that even i know i don't really like it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ElisaClaes View Post
    i find it hard to start drawing/painting. i love it a lot but it's just hard for me to grab a pencil or open photoshop
    i also struggle with losing time on useless things on the internet i don't even like doing maybe it's even a slight addiction or just weird thing with my brain ( i'm autistic) idk i mean really hours and hours literary of boring games like bubble shooter, random youtube video's, meme sites , news sites,... I mean why do i do that i don't know but yet it seems like i just keep doing that even i know i don't really like it
    That sounds so familiar to me.. haha I am most likely a little bit autistic(Asperger syndrome), too. Never been to a doctor, though.
    (edit: I don't show any disability signs.. just the behavior ones, so probably not?)
    Last edited by Nysta; February 13th, 2014 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks
    i made another little adjustment on my generic demon and a couple of sketches

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast