Sketchbook: Sbuh's Sketchbook

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sbuh's Sketchbook

Name's SB or Sbuh or whatever. I started drawing a little less than two years ago and was completely terrible at the beginning. Over time I managed to develop a minimal amount of discipline and improve a decent bit over the first year, then most of the next kind of directionless and depressed. Now I'm on meds and in school and rediscovering the power of independent study, trying to get myself back onto a daily regimen of grinding and practicing. My long-term goal at the moment is to become a character animator. I'm really in love with characters, expressions, form, and movement. But I do also want to work on other areas, especially landscapes and architecture, which I've been neglecting. As embarassing as it may sound to admit I started out drawing cartoon ponies, and still do, but even in that I've tried to incorporate some fundamental understanding, and I'm very interested in studying actual horses.

I've included some work mostly from my personal sketchbook and some life drawing assignments taken with a camera. Gonna hope having a thread here will keep me motivated to continue studying and hopefully pick up the pace.

Name:  askeletonpoppedout.png
Views: 320
Size:  635.8 KBName:  DSCN0813.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  438.5 KBName:  img004.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  463.0 KBName:  img005.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  347.7 KBName:  img006.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  437.1 KBName:  img009.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  393.5 KBName:  img008.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  381.1 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there, nice studies. I hope to see more from you in the future.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Went to the zoo today to work on my animal gestures with some people from school. First time really trying to draw moving figures.

Also some miscellaneous other stuff, including a girl with a ginormous, unrealistic chest. And a MtG nod.

Attached Images Attached Images                          

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the my little pony design in #1 post the best. The skeleton up top, the general placement for proportions seem right. I think the actual bone structure looks a bit cartoony and some part almost melt into each other or a bit lumpy like in chest/rib cage.

Make a sketchbook happy, feed it a tip to improve!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85628

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, I like the animal gestures. Never thought about doing that at the zoo (duh). I would just recommend doing some more anatomy studies? I know it gets repetitious but don't just draw one or two arms, draw a hundred!

I swear one day I'll be good. I swear one day I will be proud of my work. When that day comes, I'll need to kick my ass and try harder.

[Sketchbook]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeonkill View Post
    The skeleton up top, the general placement for proportions seem right. I think the actual bone structure looks a bit cartoony and some part almost melt into each other or a bit lumpy like in chest/rib cage.
    That was our first assignment in my life drawing class, to draw a skeleton on a rack. The rib cage is probably the part that gave me the most trouble, and of course for some of the smaller bits like the bones of the hand I simplified.

Quote Originally Posted by StressCavity View Post
    Haha, I like the animal gestures. Never thought about doing that at the zoo (duh). I would just recommend doing some more anatomy studies? I know it gets repetitious but don't just draw one or two arms, draw a hundred!
    I'm working on my discipline. I'm not that great yet at forcing myself to grind a single body part over and over.

Here's a few arms though, among other things. Not even close to a hundred but I'll try to get there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Apologies, lots of pony junk in this one but I just felt like sketching for personal enjoyment a bit. I also wanted to throw in some digital stuff just for show.

I'll try to do some more studies next time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay ponies! I would recommend doing some perspective studies...some of your gestures look a bit off (though they do have a good sense of movement)
    did you...ever post in ponychan's /art/ board? I think I recognize your style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether Technician View Post
    Yay ponies! I would recommend doing some perspective studies...some of your gestures look a bit off (though they do have a good sense of movement)
    did you...ever post in ponychan's /art/ board? I think I recognize your style.
    Yes. Once upon a time.

Also, not really been very productive or disciplined lately due to a number of personal factors, but I got a toned paper sketchbook to try playing around in lately. I need to find a harder white pencil. Mine's too soft.

Hope to have more to share soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.