Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJR View Post
    Thanks for all the info about Manga Studio. I never tried it out based on the name - I thought it was some budget art software with lots of manga oriented templates and brushes or something. I am going to pick this up, and the interface does look perfect for a tablet.

I've waited years for something like this. I bought the Surface Pro hoping it would meet my needs but I ended up returning it because of poor pen calibration, battery life, and slowness. Right now I am waiting for either this Wacom tablet or the Haswell Surface Pro whenever that comes out. If Wacom delivers a good product in the $1,500 or below price range, I am all in, otherwise I will wait for Surface Pro 2.
    I think the new wacom device will be at least 2000 usd. if you figure that the 13hd is just a screen and this new wacom device is very similar with a whole computer inside. well I think we will lucky if its just 2000 and not more.

1200-1500 would be a better price and what most tablets like it are going for. but wacom overprices everything so.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It very well could be that the brushes "out of the box" just aren't set up to work very well at print quality sizes, I will admit there was a lot I didn't understand and didn't have the patience to research when I tried MS5. I will give it another go sometime in the future, and hopefully it can impress me then, it does have some amazing features in it.

Thanks
    2 grand, I'd be scared to carry it around! If it's that much, I'd better be able to switch out batteries myself. this sealed up case thing on tablets is for the birds. 80 bucks for a new battery on my 3rd gen ipod... ridiculous. I assume I'd burn up a wacom battery in a year. lots of heavy computation there.

www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by philofmars View Post
    2 grand, I'd be scared to carry it around! If it's that much, I'd better be able to switch out batteries myself. this sealed up case thing on tablets is for the birds. 80 bucks for a new battery on my 3rd gen ipod... ridiculous. I assume I'd burn up a wacom battery in a year. lots of heavy computation there.
    I would be scared to carry something that expensive around these days as well. ive heard of people getting jumped just for their iphone never mind an expensive tablet. Then again I guess it all depends how tough you look. if they want my phone they can take it. its an old flip phone from 2001.

Thanks
    my i7 T902 tablet was $3100 after taxes and I upgraded it with 512gig SSD, 16 gigs ram. It's worth it if you can use it to make money and write off a portion during taxes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifer View Post
    I would be scared to carry something that expensive around these days as well. ive heard of people getting jumped just for their iphone never mind an expensive tablet. Then again I guess it all depends how tough you look. if they want my phone they can take it. its an old flip phone from 2001.
    AHAHAHAAA! Mine too! It's a virgin mobil 20 bucks every 3 months flip phone. My kids are mortified when I pull it out. But really, I pay in a year what others pay per MONTH. And as a bonus I don't get texted. ever.

http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    Next comics released, still showing some things really similar to the 13 HD. This time it's the pen box, plus a softwares compatibility list. Is that list working with android too ? I don't think so, painter never released a portable app, right ?

* My current blog
    * Sketchbook page on CA.org coming soon...

Have a good and creative day !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffonnage View Post
    Next comics released, still showing some things really similar to the 13 HD. This time it's the pen box, plus a softwares compatibility list. Is that list working with android too ? I don't think so, painter never released a portable app, right ?

Could it be that it lets you use cloud based software like cs6? DOes painter have a cloud based app? If so, I'd think that'd drain the battery like nothing. All that streaming.

Thanks
    Nah philofmars.
    Streaming technology isn't ready for something like that. At least not for the wide market.

I think there was no real intention behind showing just these programs in the comic.
    These are some of the key programs artists are going to use, so they basically just stated that they will run on the tablet.
    Everyone who owned a good windows tablet before might already know that, but I guess that doesn't count for everyone.

Thanks
    i think some people are confused. adobe cc applications are still downloaded to your computer completely. it only uses the cloud for license verification. If the license cant verify then the application wont start. the application is not streamed though. This is in the adobe faq for cloud based subscriptions.

this new comic info sorta sucked. all it showed was the 13hd pen case which was useful to know it would have the same. we already knew it was a windows device so obviously all those applications they listed would work. I expected so much more from the 4/5 comic.

Thanks
    Why in a world, a mobile tablet has a pen in it's own inclosure, it should be tacked in the body of the tablet. Also the other comic shows it with some kind of double bezel.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifer View Post
    i think some people are confused. adobe cc applications are still downloaded to your computer completely. it only uses the cloud for license verification. If the license cant verify then the application wont start. the application is not streamed though. This is in the adobe faq for cloud based subscriptions.
    Great, so they adopted Blizzard's idiocy. I thought it was something more advanced than that. I really haven't looked into it as I got cs6 a few months ago and that will last me a good year or two. But then, I suppose that's what this is about. People that don't upgrade regularly to keep a steady income for them.

Last edited by philofmars; August 15th, 2013 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks
    do you think they'll unveil at midnight?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2