Spider Man Comic Page Skating On Thin Ice page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Spider Man Comic Page Skating On Thin Ice page 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Spider Man Comic Page Skating On Thin Ice page 2

Last edited by Drawallday; March 14th, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Illustrator, 3D Artist and Animator
    Sketchbook
    www.drawallday.net
    deviantART
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think you should have the three consecutive pages on one thread. I know you usually expect to make a thread for each image, but for sequential art, you're better off putting it on one thread.

This covers all three pages. The main issues are your sense of form and your use of color. Your forms are extremely flat, despite how much you try to make it dynamic, and your use of color is haphazard and makes the page even more difficult to read.

What you need to do is get a better grasp of your fundamentals. Draw people from life. Pick up the Andrew Loomis book "Figure Drawing for All It's Worth", as well as the James Gurney book "Color And Light". I could point out minor stuff like how Spidey appears to be sitting on panel 3 of page 2 as opposed to swinging, but as I said, that's minor stuff compared to the fundamentals you need a better grasp of.

I remember this. It's the PSA drawn by McFarland where Electro smuggles non-specific drugs in hollowed out hockey pucks that he ships to Canada (of course) in order to push the drugs on kids. So I guess you found the script and tried to draw your own version?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    I remember this. It's the PSA drawn by McFarland where Electro smuggles non-specific drugs in hollowed out hockey pucks that he ships to Canada (of course) in order to push the drugs on kids. So I guess you found the script and tried to draw your own version?
    I put basic colors in just to get a general idea of what the end product might look like. My main focus is drawing and inking.

I wanted to do a MARVEL submission and I found Dwayne McDuffie's (the late comic book writer) website with some of his older scripts. I never read the actual comic book. When I was nearly finished with my submission, I was rather surprised to discover that McFarlane was the artist. I am looking forward in finding the original copy sometime soon (can't wait).

Sketchbook
    www.drawallday.net
    deviantART

Thanks
    Thanked 1,778 Times in 848 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    you seem to be caught up on overly defining the anatomy that you are making up. It looks 90's in a bad way. But everything else says 60's. Look at some of the old campy Jack Kirby stuff for inspirato. I think that looks more like your natural direction and a niche you could fill.

You have put a great deal of care and attention into spidey's poses and body language. You need to do the same for all of the characters. Electric man is stiff and uninspired. Either put his back into it or draw him confidently relaxed. There is a whole range if possibilities, but you can't have it in the middle. Same thing goes with "distraction man". Is he suprised, curious, angry, scared. Give him some sort of reaction so we have an idea of what to make of him.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    ... It's the PSA drawn by McFarland where Electro smuggles non-specific drugs in hollowed out hockey pucks that he ships to Canada (of course) in order to push the drugs on kids. So I guess you found the script and tried to draw your own version?
    Yes, I didn't read the actual comic until after I completed the 3 pages. I found the script online. Right now, I have the comic which I purchased online. The interior drawings were done by Alex Saviuk. It was interesting to compare two different results.

Sketchbook
    www.drawallday.net
    deviantART

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawallday View Post
    Yes, I didn't read the actual comic until after I completed the 3 pages. I found the script online. Right now, I have the comic which I purchased online. The interior drawings were done by Alex Saviuk. It was interesting to compare two different results.
    I was surprised to meet Alex Saviuk earlier at MegaCon 2013. We even looked at my 3-page version of Spiderman: Skating on Thin Ice. Awesome!

Sketchbook
    www.drawallday.net
    deviantART

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Drawallday For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.