Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 730 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    What is it you're aiming for? I mean, are you just starting with digital...or you want to do cartooning...or, what am I critiquing these for?

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ive been doing digital art for a few years now! Although its just recently that Ive been really interested in learning more about digital Art!
    Just any critic really! Like what you think should be added, Just your overall opinion! etc.
    I am still trying to find my style!
    I love the cartoon styles but also semi realistic to realistic styles!
    I am new to this site an not sure really how it works ^^'''

Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 730 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ah. Well. About 80% of the posters in this section get the same advice: draw from life, brush up on the basics, have a go at Loomis for drawing heads. That kind of thing. Usually, you get more specific and useful advice posting one image at a time. More than one, and you tend to get vague generalities. I'll have a go, though.

The dragon is a pleasant enough little character. Cartoon that he is, I'd like to see his facial anatomy a little more plausible. His eye socket seems in the wrong place and size, for example. Also, those semi-transparent brushes are doing you no favors -- particularly on the black linework, where it looks a bit gray and grubby.

The woman's face has all kinds of anatomical issues. You don't have a good feel for the skull underneath, so each individual feature is in the wrong place. Now, a cartoon has all kinds of latitude on this, but you need to make exaggerations and stylizations based on a knowledge of real anatomy. They need to be purposeful and meaningful changes from a norm that you understand. The linework is better here, though -- I like the loose and flowing strokes.

And for heaven's sake, stop looking for your style. Style is based on limitations, and we all have those. Just keep working and your limitations will be there no matter how much you try to escape them

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much! This feedback has been awesome!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.