Thanks

I downoaded a torrent of art related books and classes?

Okay so I found this "Famous Art Course." Kinda odd, because it's separated into twenty five documents; the introduction and 24 lessons. Well I read the introduction and it says that the 24 lessons are on the fundamentals of drawing. I think it's an interesting course and I might want to do it. It's obviously aimed at beginners.

I'm wondering if anyone here has gotten this torrent and what they think of the "Famous Art Course"? The course looks like its from the 60's, which brings me to another question. Are drawing fundamentals constantly updated through the decades by knew knowledge and understanding or is it one of those things that transcend time? Because I dunno if I want to draw from a course that's 50 years old, lol.

Just thought this was interesting so I bought it up!
    Last edited by lambenttyto; February 25th, 2013 at 06:05 PM.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”--Geroge R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Well for starters, most of the Loomis books have gone back into circulation. Meaning you'll either want to edit out the part about piracy so you don't get banned, buy all the Loomis books immediately, or delete those files.

Thanks
    What the above poster said. On an unrelated note, badass signature quote: “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”--Geroge R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons.

Thanks
    Yarrr, pirates, there are like dozens gigabytes of scanned books on russian torrent tracker!

Really, there is 18 pages long list of books of all kinds, because Russians don't really care about copyrights. From Loomis' books to graffiti to contemporary art and things I never heard of. I've got that 16th century book from there (find it in Art Discussion somewhere)

Thanks
    Well whether I pirates some books or not I don't think that's cause for me to get banned here. I mean it's not like I broke the rules on "this forum."
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”--Geroge R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts