Foreign student, american college
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Foreign student, american college

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Foreign student, american college

Is that time of the year already…

After some research, there is no possibility to explore all my capabilities on this country (Portugal) with their actual school system. Visual arts education here is a joking process with the worst resources available, including facilities, teachers and the most important, the ideology. If I chose architecture, I would be somehow settled here, but that's not my goal. Creativity here is dead.

How difficult it is for a foreign student to join an American college? I’m looking for a strong fine art basis education with a flexible 21st century vision, and I’m sure I’ll find it there.

Until the 2nd half of this year, my mind must be maid up already, knowing where I can go and what I should do...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    interesting question, fellipe.
    i think the same about germany, we're just retarded with suhc things.

do you know of anything inside the eu? might be easier to get, now that europe (is forced to) grow together.

by the sea, in the north, on the west, below the white bears
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry to be an echo here..but yea thats a good question. im in bc canada, and altho there is some great schools here...my g/f lives in LA and i want to move there...ive really no idea what kind of government restrictions there are or how to go about it...it would be super if someone experience in such matters could 'school' us.
    whaddya mean germany is creatively dead?? maybe portugual i could see...but germany from what i know is rather advanced in such educations no?

"Trust Yourself"

Arin Ringwald - Student of Illustration and Design

www.dabble.dream.cx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i am also very interested to know more about this. I live in Brisbane, Australia and have been working in the games industry for a few years but would really like to do a BFA in Illustration as i love drawing and painting.

The problem is i keep hearing the art schools around here are crap (no way as good as they use to be). I would like to know if anyone knows of any good art colleges in Australia for studying Illustration??. If not well i would definitly like to study at the Art Center College and Design in the US, its something i would leave everything behind just to increase my illustration and painting skills.

I would appreciate any advice you guys here a Conceptart.org could give me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here in spain the mind is that if you plan to make a living drawing or painting is that you´re not a bit more than a poor short minded person that can´t do anything else...... 21st century.. yeah... what a 21st century... i´d rather life in the 15th century.....

Jaku

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i absolutly dont' think that germany is creatively dead! there are a lot of universities open minded to creative people.. and everyone is able to afford studying in germany.. as far as i have seen things in europe, france has lots of creative heads,brilliant ideas and advanced technics...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.