about this section. - closed thread

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,203 Times in 2,747 Posts
    Follows
    Following

We are listening to the community and making some changes. There has been much discussion about the need for a place for beginners and other artists who would like to share their work and learn amongst other similar levels of artists. In order to be able to give more appropriate critiques and focused teaching for those who need it most, we have created this section.

This section will be moderated by none other than SPARTH and will be given specific and new tutorials in order to help support it. We are going to focus on the basics and focus on helping you and each other.

Please do not be offended if your work gets moved in here. If it does, it is a boon for you because you will be able to focus on your work and get crits of a more specific level.

The new site is going up soon and there is a very specific structure. If you work hard you can literally move from here all the way up to the main page. I will have more details on this soon.

Please bear with us and help support this most important section. Afterall, not long ago I was the beginner of beginners and I needed as much assistance as possible. This is where that will happen for you!

Thank you,

Jason Manley

Last edited by Mike Corriero; September 11th, 2005 at 12:49 PM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can have my sausage for this

But seriously, this is great

Will the proffesionals be monitoring us, so to say? And to what level must the images be finished? Or can you also place wips and studies here?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

this section is for anything you need help with or want to share

this is the area for you to share your works. pure and simple. the mods and pros will do their best to assist you. you will also be assisting each other.

j

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking ^_^

This is great. Cant wait to post here more crits and help. Exactly what I want and need.

My Ass Book of Farts
    My Deviantart

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    giving crits of others work also helps you be more subjective of your own pieces, so take some time out of the general browsing and drop some comments here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome! If this place stays alive then I think it will quickly become one of the best parts of the forum.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley

The new site is going up soon and there is a very specific structure. If you work hard you can literally move from here all the way up to the main page. I will have more details on this soon.

Jason Manley
    so now people got to start off in this forum and work there way to places people will look?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Agat_vonghoul
    so now people got to start off in this forum and work there way to places people will look?
    maybe you failed to even observe the forum before you posted this, but almost EVERY post in there has over 100 views. When i posted in the finished section before, I was lucky to get 50. Every thread has replies too.

At least LOOK before you post.

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah i see well i just dont think many will take it as good as most should then
    i dont know its just the name of the fourm i guess?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,675 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by davi
    giving crits of others work also helps you be more subjective of your own pieces,
    OBjective

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great! Exactly what MCM, I.was.ink and I were looking for when we founded the middle class way back, well, in the CA middle ages, sort of.

Thank you ever so much!

Jester

Imagination is intelligence having fun!

Jester's Sketchbook

Portfolio web site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, its a great idea.

That said, I'd like to know why two of my pieces were moved here. Neither qaulified as finished in my mind. Batrix was an idea and the inked creature thing wasn't much more then an idea.

Thank you.

Steve
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, then to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat."
    -Theodore Roosevelt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe this should be a top level forum instead of a subforum of Finally Finshed? It would be more visable and avoid the sort of confusion StudioPC is having.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe this forum and "LIFE DRAWING, LEARNING, TECHNIQUES, & TUTORIALS" would fit better in the "EDUCATION & LEARNING" category!?
    No?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell
    Maybe this should be a top level forum instead of a subforum of Finally Finshed? It would be more visable and avoid the sort of confusion StudioPC is having.
    Actually, I'm more . . . what's a good word here? Miffed that my stuff was moved without so much as a why or that it was moved at all without letting me know.

If I violated forum rules without realizing it, that's one thing. But I take exception to having my stuff arbitraily moved just because there's some members who've . . . seen fit to . . . be less then helpful, shall we say and thus some controversy.

Steve
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, then to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat."
    -Theodore Roosevelt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    StudioPC:
    Relax. There is a lot going on at CA right now and it is not unusual that mods do stuff without telling you why.
    You can ask here of course but it could sound a little nicer.

I guess there is a minimum level of skill required for posting sketches and finished work.
    Artwork that doesn't qualify is moved to this forum no matter if it is finished or not.
    That should answer the question.

That is just what I'm guessing though. Haven't really read anything about that yet.
    Would be better for people browsing the finished work/sketches sections as well as for beginners.
    Because people who are just looking for inspriration are more likely to write nasty replies.
    People who come here know what to expect and their replies will be more helpful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by StudioPC
    Actually, I'm more . . . what's a good word here? Miffed that my stuff was moved without so much as a why or that it was moved at all without letting me know.
    Ditch the damned attitude. Your threads were moved because this is where they belong and where you will get the most appropriate response.

I redirect you to the very first post from Jason in this thread:
    Please do not be offended if your work gets moved in here. If it does, it is a boon for you because you will be able to focus on your work and get crits of a more specific level.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell
    Ditch the damned attitude. Your threads were moved because this is where they belong and where you will get the most appropriate response.

I redirect you to the very first post from Jason in this thread:

No. This is not additude. This is me trying to be civil and polite.

Steve
    -Theodore Roosevelt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Signature
    StudioPC:
    Relax. There is a lot going on at CA right now and it is not unusual that mods do stuff without telling you why.

I guess there is a minimum level of skill required for posting sketches and finished work.
    Artwork that doesn't qualify is moved to this forum no matter if it is finished or not.
    . . .

Well that makes me feel better . . .

Steve
    -Theodore Roosevelt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My god stop yer whining. You need all the help you can get be thankful it here have you seen how many crits you got. You wouldnt have gotten nearly as much if it was some where eles. There are what... over 10,000 active members? thats alota work for the mods and admins, please dont expect them to inform everyone everytime they do somthing so incredibly minor. Currently the standard of your work doesnt qualify as FINNALLY FINISHED WORK sorry, most of mine doesnt either. Being moved here is hardly a ounishment, i post here freely because i know i need the crits. :nod: Note this place isnt only for finnaly finished pieces of work that needs criting but sketches and doodles like yours and mine to.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    StudioPC, i defended you in another thread but after reading this here...

Dude, the world does not revolve around you.

Learn some respect.

Power is nothing without intelligence.

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Signature
    StudioPC:

That should answer the question.

That is just what I'm guessing though. Haven't really read anything about that yet.
    Would be better for people browsing the finished work/sketches sections as well as for beginners.
    Because people who are just looking for inspriration are more likely to write nasty replies.
    People who come here know what to expect and their replies will be more helpful.

if your artwork is not up to there standards then it goes here
    like the jewish i guess :doh:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We are focusing on those who we believe are ready to recieve asisstance with their art path. We have assembled this group here with the pros, mods and hard core students so that we are all better able to learn and in turn, help.

If you do not want help or to help, then there are other art sites which will cater to your needs.

The mods are asking who they can help and then moving those images over here. It is not a demotion. It is a gift. I had to pay for this information and teachings...to the tune of a hundred thousand dollars. I would have been so grateful to recieve help for free.

Conceptart.org is refocusing now on becoming more educational and less ooh's and ahh's. Like it or not, that is the direction we are going with the site.

The head stroking gets us minor encouragement but it doesnt really get us anywhere with our art. We need to put away all ego's if we are to learn. If you aren't here to learn then I am sorry that the ca site is not right for your art.

We are going to make an effort to make this site the absolute best art learning site on the web. It is going to take time, hard work, and sacrefices. Our ego's are the first sacrefice we have to make if we are to move forward. Moving forward also means letting go of the idea that ca is only here for show and tell.

Follow along your own path with us on ours. Do your best. Inspire others. It is one of the gifts you have as an artist. And, it is one of the reasons people visit the site...inspiration..inspiration...inspiration.

Foundation traditional art values and theory will always be held in high regard on this website. we hope that the ca members will learn these foundations and will in turn learn how they can or can not be applied to imrpove their works. We will not give up on that part of the equation. Ever. We also hope that you all will continue to help others with their art based on what you learn here and elsewhere Please do..

Jason

Last edited by Jason Manley; July 22nd, 2004 at 05:17 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was pleased to see even some of the more established artists posting in here, which, I think, will encourage the masses. This also means to me at least, that the "If I post here, I'm a n00b" mentality is not on.

Agat_vonghoul, you're not going to get anywhere without some humility. Members of this forum come from all around the world. Did you ever stop to think that maybe you would offend some people by posting such an image? Also, please don't steal links.

peace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    edit: I promise from here on out to no longer make racist comments, offend others, or act immaturely.

I understand that IF i do not follow these steps, I will not be able to come here anymore.

hows that? -jm

Last edited by Jason Manley; July 22nd, 2004 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Agat is walking on the edge i think...

Power is nothing without intelligence.

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry

@StudioPC - People have crited you, and given advice, but you seem adament not to listen. Your work was moved - get over it.

@Agat_vonghoul - you seriously want a slap for your previous post, thats fucking offensive......

Mollyx
    (yeah? You want some?.....)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm with you Jason - every step.
    I've also had to pay for my knowledge, so this site is a dream come true. I hope everyone out there realizes that...

Kajundik

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We are focusing on those who we believe are ready to recieve asisstance with their art path. We have assembled this group here with the pros, mods and hard core students so that we are all better able to learn and in turn, help.

If you do not want help or to help, then there are other art sites which will cater to your needs.

The mods are asking who they can help and then moving those images over here. It is not a demotion. It is a gift. I had to pay for this information and teachings...to the tune of a hundred thousand dollars. I would have been so grateful to recieve help for free.

Conceptart.org is refocusing now on becoming more educational and less ooh's and ahh's. Like it or not, that is the direction we are going with the site.

The head stroking gets us minor encouragement but it doesnt really get us anywhere with our art. We need to put away all ego's if we are to learn. If you aren't here to learn then I am sorry that the ca site is not right for your art.

We are going to make an effort to make this site the absolute best art learning site on the web. It is going to take time, hard work, and sacrefices. Our ego's are the first sacrefice we have to make if we are to move forward. Moving forward also means letting go of the idea that ca is only here for show and tell.

Follow along your own path with us on ours. Do your best. Inspire others. It is one of the gifts you have as an artist. And, it is one of the reasons people visit the site...inspiration..inspiration...inspiration.

Foundation traditional art values and theory will always be held in high regard on this website. we hope that the ca members will learn these foundations and will in turn learn how they can or can not be applied to imrpove their works. We will not give up on that part of the equation. Ever. We also hope that you all will continue to help others with their art based on what you learn here and elsewhere Please do..

Jason
    Yeah, I realize that now. I shouldn't have snapped and I'm sorry. There were external reasons, but I'm not going to go into them. Instead, I'm going to shut up and stick to my DSB for a while.

Thank you everyone who provided advice. It seems I have some work to do.

Steve
    -Theodore Roosevelt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well for one i made NO racist comments i was saying that this fourm I felt like is a sort of concentration camp and that the mods puting others pictures in here without at least asking is not 100% fair
    i felt the way i said it was a far out from being racist as one could go
    but if you guys like people doing stuff thats not right and geting away with it go right on ahead but i can tell you this much id never post any of my art here after the last few days
    cause this place is going down hill pretty fast
    so flame away

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.