Art: Single Colour T-Shirt logo design. (Crits Please!)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Single Colour T-Shirt logo design. (Crits Please!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Single Colour T-Shirt logo design. (Crits Please!)

Hi all!

I have recently been working on a single colour design for my band 'The Skin We Live In' and this is what I have so far for the logo. I was also thinking of putting some sort of celtic pattern in the background but i wanted to brainstorm a few different ideas. On the back we will most likely feature some lyrics in big bold letters, i am currently trying to figure out what font to use that will compliment the logo.

Name:  Casualties.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  120.2 KB

All ideas, help and crits will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

"War doesn't determine who is , but who is ."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the logo is a bit awkward right now. You've set it up so it reads top to bottom, but then you throw in the "L" and "I" that must be read left to right. The "I" takes up so little visual space that it almost becomes inconsequential and the two letters read as "U" at first glance. The "T" gets so much negative space to breathe and the rest of the letters are crushed together.

Forget the textures and bevels for now, work in black & white and try to balance out the forms. Use a square, triangle, or circle as a general outline to place your letterforms in. Draw it on paper first.

Does your band even need a logo?

Please PM me if you'd like an individual crit.

idrawyouonthesubway
    huxleycreative

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first thing I noticed was the bottom of the L is thinner than all the other letters verticals and horizontals. So it makes it feel like the weight of all the letters above are compressing that area. Also, the T of the logo seems to be floating more than the other letters and that's probably because of it's distance from the weight of all the letters below it. I think that the idea for the layout is good but needs some adjustments to bring more synergy to the various connections between them. Maybe a different font might help.

When I think of the name, The Skin We Live In. I don't think of stone or Celtic designs. I think of warmer fleshy tones and more human feelings. This logo doesn't give me that impression so far. But even as I say that, I don't have any knowledge of the music for this band. Also, if you consider the name again, skin doesn't have sharp edges so maybe it would be a good idea to lean towards a different font option. Just to reflect the qualities of the name.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im fine with the logo but i bet that beveling wont reproduce as you think it will. i think you should lose that effect and go with a flat surface. it looks cheap anyway.

BrandMooreArt
    http://brandmooreart.daportfolio.com/
    Twitter: @BrandMooreArt

Members who have read this thread: 2