Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rifles design

Thanks

Rifles design

Hello guys,

I did three sketches of rifles for a project. The one I choose must be a remember of our actual rifles but enough different to not be able to say "ey, this is an M4, or this is an AK47....."

The feeling of the gun must be a good rifle capable of overcome all the enviromental changes and situations (maybe like an AK, for example), I mean, a really reliable rifle.

This is the three sketches, I don´t like the number 3 because is too complicated in the design and I wanted something more simple. But maybe you could make me change my opinion. What of these do you like for this purpose??

Name:  thumbs.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  169.3 KB
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You should look into more design such as FN FAL, SIG, Sten and H&K, they have very effective design, right now your gun still look too AK or M4, also your aiming ironsight right now is off aligned and dont make sense, the spent case ejecting port is off aligned too.
    <<<I R LUMINA R I>>>

How I eat pen everyday aka ma Sketchbook.

http://fxevo.blogspot.com/ The blog of city wanderer.
    Facebook: Duc. Truong Huyen

Thanks
    Thanked 4,521 Times in 2,459 Posts
    Rifles design
    Rifles design
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hello guys thank you for your help,

Velocity Kendall, thank you for this great examples of how to create a gun. Well, at the moment I haven´t arrived to this process. I am not looking for a technical advices because these guns I posted were only thumbnails. Maybe I didn´t explain myself well, I was referring to the general form of the guns, which I think in a first place is more important than technical aspects, that´s the next step for me

You should look into more design such as FN FAL, SIG, Sten and H&K, they have very effective design, right now your gun still look too AK or M4
    That´s the kind of advices I was looking for...

But anyway, this post was a lot helpful because of this images will help me these next days. Thank you !!!

Greetings

Thanks
    Right now 1) and 3) look like iterations of an M4 and 2) looks like an AK.

You mentioned specifically that you wanted to avoid that. I would suggest you look up some more unique looking guns like the FAMAS and others, and combine various aspects of the different weapons to create a hybrid we wouldn't instantly call an M4 or an AK.

EDIT: So I did research and the rails are for mounting accessories. So how come the pistol has a little section of rails on its sides as well? They are definitely not for mounting accessories, so what for?
    Last edited by Pavel Sokov; February 12th, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks
    Hello again and thank you,

EDIT: So I did research and the rails are for mounting accessories. So how come the pistol has a little section of rails on its sides as well? They are definitely not for mounting accessories, so what for?
    Pavel, are you referring specifically at my rifles sketches or did you mean in general?? I´m sorry but the language sometimes overcome me and I don´t understand everything

Greetings !

Thanks
    In general

Thanks
    Ok

Well, I´m not a weapon expert but maybe they have rails in their side to put lanterns an things like this. Really I don´t know hehe.

Greetings

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Sokov View Post

Mostly for laser targeting system, tactical light and reflex aiming sight and sometime fore handgrip, since some pistol like glock can be easily converted to full automatic weapon, so you can turn it into a tactical machine pistol.
    <<<I R LUMINA R I>>>

How I eat pen everyday aka ma Sketchbook.

http://fxevo.blogspot.com/ The blog of city wanderer.
    Facebook: Duc. Truong Huyen

Thanks
    Hmm the rails I am talking about are the little grooves at the back of the gun (closest to the user) that run along its two sides. I can see mounting some sort of scope device on there, but a hand grip? What would a hand grip be doing at the top of a gun?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Sokov View Post
    Hmm the rails I am talking about are the little grooves at the back of the gun (closest to the user) that run along its two sides. I can see mounting some sort of scope device on there, but a hand grip? What would a hand grip be doing at the top of a gun?
    I don't see any rail systems on the designs the OP posted. Which is actually a shame because you said the weapons should be "capable of overcome all the environmental changes and situations", in which case a rail system would be the best versatile thing you could add. If you're referring to the handgun Velocity posted up, that isn't a rail system, those are ridges for the slide to be manually pulled back, as you can see in image number 7. A rail system for a handgun would be added separately

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aceoko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ohhh so those are just grooves to help your fingers to pull back the slide. Makes sense! I learned something

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoko View Post
    I don't see any rail systems on the designs the OP posted. Which is actually a shame because you said the weapons should be "capable of overcome all the environmental changes and situations", in which case a rail system would be the best versatile thing you could add.
    I completely agree. Your weapon designs seem a bit outdated. AK47 has been 65 years in service. AR15 (M4-M16 family) was introduced in the vietnam war. If you really want to make a modern weapon first decide on bullpup or conventional. Then you can check very versatile weapons in use right now, like the G36 (conventional), the SCAR (Conventional), the F2000 (Bullpup) or the L85A2 (bullpup). My favourite is the Hk417, but this is a personal choice.
    You will see that most of them include similar features such as various Picatinny Rails (a.k.a MIL-STD-1913 rail, STANAG 2324 rail, or tactical rail) that allow to attach several accesories, such as sights, pointers, flashlights, foregrips or even grenade launchers sometimes.

Also, if in any case you want to base your design on older weapons, check how they work. Right now, your "AK" desing is shooting through the gas recovery tube that allows the weapon to recock.
    Last edited by Quike Garcia; February 13th, 2013 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Damn typos! & Info added
    気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Quike Garcia For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast