About the ConceptArt.Org Workshop.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,600 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Follows
    Following

About the ConceptArt.Org Workshop.

Name:  workshopimage2.jpg
Views: 2269
Size:  655.4 KB

The ConceptArt.Org International Art and Design Symposium is headed to London for our four day workshop, this May 31-June 3. The event is designed for those who seek an ever improving life of creative success in the fields of entertainment, art, and digital media. With jaw dropping demonstrations, keynote presentations, and the free sharing of ideas from industry leading speakers and brilliant instructors, the workshop is set to be the best we have ever held.

The workshop program has been designed and refined over the past nine years, in which hundreds of companies have taken part, colleges joined, and thousands of attendees have traveled from all around the world. This event has been honed by top professionals and educators in the fields of video games, toys, comic books, film, animation, mobile and web, as well as Fine Art. This important, life changing symposium draws attendees from Asia, North America, South America, Europe and down under, all who come with the purpose of improving their key skills, learning cutting edge industry methods, sharing ideas with like-minded and complimentary people, and to get better at what each of us do.

Attendees will be learning in front of, and along with, many of the best in the business. Those who strive to realize their visions, both personally, and professionally, attend this event, as a boost for the coming months of practice, and personal fulfillment. The information and content presented is appropriate for all experience levels, and the interdisciplinary approach applies to the full body of the art and entertainment industries. Whether you are a game developer, a film maker, a toy or vehicle designer, a painter, a screenwriter, a character artist, a designer, an animator, app developer, or even a student, this program will improve your output, help you realize our ideas, see growth at work and improved quality in your creative pursuits.

Working and living as a professional or promising student can mean being isolated in a studio, office, or educational system where one’s work can stagnate, or plateau without the necessary outside input and inspiration required to thrive. Creatives have always found inspiration from surrounding themselves with others of equal, or even greater, talent. When imaginative people are kept in the routine of professional and student life, long term inspiration and the latest techniques and teachings are often hard to come by. This spring, from May 31-June 3 that inspiration and knowledge will be shared in London.

The workshop and associated events have been held in Austin, Montreal, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam, Seattle, Wellington New Zealand, Dallas, Bucharest, San Francisco and other major cities. Each show highlights local international and local talent, and this spring is no different. We are joining together in London to achieve, to learn, and to share face to face time with incredibly talented, giving, and helpful people. Whatever company or wherever the country the attendees have traveled from, or which company the new talent ended up working for, the workshop will give you that lift you have been seeking, and it will come in ways you never expected.

Proceeds from the International Art and Design Workshops fund this major event and support of the international creative community. The workshop is run by volunteers who seek to pay it forward, and give back to those who wish to take part. The International Art and Design Symposium is life changing, career improving, and geared to provide the content needed to take those next steps, to help us all achieve what we dream of, and strive to be.

We look forward to seeing old friends, meeting new colleagues, and sharing knowledge and beauty with you all.

Jason Manley
    Founder
    ConceptArt.Org

Name:  Slide1.JPG
Views: 1608
Size:  146.9 KB
    Name:  Slide2.JPG
Views: 1582
Size:  81.9 KB
    Name:  Slide3.JPG
Views: 1588
Size:  94.1 KB
    Name:  Slide4.JPG
Views: 1578
Size:  83.9 KB
    Name:  Slide5.JPG
Views: 1578
Size:  107.7 KB
    Name:  Slide6.JPG
Views: 1584
Size:  113.6 KB
    Name:  Slide7.JPG
Views: 1563
Size:  96.7 KB

Last edited by Jason Manley; February 16th, 2013 at 05:10 AM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So... Where's the venue? This is a lot of talk, but not much of a practical update. People coming from overseas need to get flights and hotels booked, and time is running out.

And what's up with TAD's announcement? The language they used was worrisome to say the least.

http://theartdepartment.org/announce...t-org-workshop

Last edited by Sentinel.; February 11th, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sentinel. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I would love to come but I won't book anything without knowing the exact venue. Don't wanna end up in a hotel on the wrong side of London.

-J

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think people have been e-mailing the folks at TAD and they are just sick of it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A venue would be really reeeally helpful

気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Quike Garcia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why is the venue not posted yet? It seems one of the main things that needs to be sorted way ahead of the event and not left to last minute. I have a few friends waiting on details of venue without which its very hard to get any planning done.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabdi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Venue pleaseeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vicsio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Could we at least get some acknowledgement here? If you don't have a venue lined up yet, knowing that for sure is preferable to being ignored.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys! Just wanted to drop a line and let you all know that we're still ironing out the details for the London workshop. I look forward to meeting everyone there!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CaitlinC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you all for your patience. Entirely. We will be announcing the venue shortly. We have three people and folks in the UK assisting and are in negotiations with a new space, as we genuinely want the most perfect spot we can get. Your concern and appreciation is something I am thankful for. This event will not be cancelled and is happening. We will update shortly. Til then...here are some updates including the program outline posted here in the thread. There is a lot of new content we are bringing.

I have posted some updates here: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...nstructor-List

and here: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...tor-List/page5

Last edited by Jason Manley; February 16th, 2013 at 05:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What sort of price can we expect the event tickets to cost, ballpark? Ignoring cost of hotel.

And I'm assuming there will be an announcement sent out as soon as tickets are available? Don't want to miss it!

Sketchbook | Composition tutorial
    @LulieArt - Twitter, where I post useful links, tips, and neat art-related things I stumble across.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lulie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What sort of price can we expect the event tickets to cost, ballpark? Ignoring cost of hotel.

And I'm assuming there will be an announcement sent out as soon as tickets are available? Don't want to miss it!

@LulieArt - Twitter, where I post useful links, tips, and neat art-related things I stumble across.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lulie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry, I just noticed this information is spread over a bunch of threads. Ignore these posts.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lulie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there,
    I have recently made a payment for the workshop but soon after I received an email from PayPal advising that my order was fully refunded.
    The Paypal message is saying "Here is your refund. I am sorry you won't be able to make it".
    Could it be already sold out? However I feel that this refund was meant to be for someone else and I was mistakenly refunded in place of this other person. Can someone advise me on what is the situation regarding the availability for the workshop. I will try to replace my order, however as I really don't want to miss that opportunity to attend this amazing event, I would really appreciate if somebody could confirm that all is ok.

Thank you for your help,

Observation is the Imagination's servant, It can carry you into uncharted territories."

My Sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203841

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,376 Times in 3,597 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    from another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    No it is not sold out. I issued two refunds due to folks not having enough funds. Can you send me a pm with your payment details and email and I will look into it right away. Go ahead and resubmit payment in the amount you received back.
    Look forward to seeing you.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    something is up with paypal as your payment came with a request to issue the refund. Go ahead and resend plz. Your spot is held.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello gang (and apologies if I have missed the answer) - but is it possible to attend for just one or two of the four days? Would love to come in some way but not in a situation to shell out for all 4 days, alas.

Freelance Artist Website : http://www.allyalbon.com

Blog : http://allyalbon.wordpress.com/

Black Cat Chronicles : Soul Thief now published
    http://aileenpettigrew.wordpress.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Ally,
    I'm sorry but single day tickets aren't available at this time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

I am very interested in attending the workshop and I just have a couple of questions I would like to ask regarding it please.

1) Firstly I was just wondering if it would be possible to record some of the presentations (for personal use) as I understand there will be a lot of topics covered and I am sure you appreciate that it will be a lot for one person to take in over 4 days.

2)Alternatively, will there be someone recording the presentations which we can receive copies of?

Thanks!

Last edited by InkTheory; April 29th, 2013 at 08:46 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.