Young art student need's guidence (moved)

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Young art student need's guidence (moved)

Hello, everyone I am currently 17 years old and It's always been a great ambition of mine to become a concept artist one day or at least be able to create some of the amazing art work these artists produce.

I've been digitally painting for about 2 and a bit years now and I've been drawing for most of my life now however after talking to some talking to some artists I have been told that I need to improve my figure drawings. I have downloaded some books on figure drawing such as fun with pencils and other Andrew loomis books but after having a scan read of them I find myself overwhelmed by the information and technicality of them, what I really want to know is how should I approach figure drawing because I am really want to get to this goal I have set myself however each time I do try to learn I find myself hitting these slumps.

Furthermore could anyone give me some advice on my digital painting skills.
    Some of the images I did trace digitally as I wanted to work on the painting side rather than the sketching aspect but please I could really use some guidance.

sorry if Ive re posted this its just that I don't get how things work here and ive posted this up twice but i have not way to looking at the post again im sorry if im spamming don't want to be a pain.

http://conceptart.org/forums/album.php?albumid=8371

link to my albulm please take a look at it and critic

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Reply repost, im finding it hard to use the forum sorry

Hello, everyone I am currently 17 years old and It's always been a great ambition of mine to become a concept artist one day or at least be able to create some of the amazing art work these artists produce.

I've been digitally painting for about 2 and a bit years now and I've been drawing for most of my life now however after talking to some talking to some artists I have been told that I need to improve my figure drawings. I have downloaded some books on figure drawing such as fun with pencils and other Andrew loomis books but after having a scan read of them I find myself overwhelmed by the information and technicality of them, what I really want to know is how should I approach figure drawing because I am really want to get to this goal I have set myself however each time I do try to learn I find myself hitting these slumps.

Furthermore could anyone give me some advice on my digital painting skills.
    Some of the images I did trace digitally as I wanted to work on the painting side rather than the sketching aspect but please I could really use some guidance.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All those books are well and good but if you aren't figure drawing from life on a consistent basis, you won't be able to find an approach that works for YOU. Sure on paper Bridgeman's approach looks great but I don't draw that way and neither do most artists and it doesn't work for me. Take what you can from the books and try to apply what you've learned while drawing. You'll find things that work and things that don't. The worst thing you can do is give up, because the more you draw the better you'll get. As for painting, its extremely important to design with a drawing (traditional works best for me) then move to digital or another color medium. Don't forget to take the time and effort to explore with studies and thumbnails before jumping in, it will save you time and headache in the future and result in a better painting. Thats probably not what you want to hear but all the pros do it so don't skip it. Developing good habits and fundamentals early will streamline your way to strong pieces in the future.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprogis7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the advice its greatly needed and appreciated. Don't want to be a bother however but would it be alright if you could look at some of my work and critique it so i could know exactly what to work on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the advice its greatly needed and appreciated. Don't want to be a bother however but would it be alright if you could look at some of my work and critique it so i could know exactly what to work on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprogis7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very grateful can you please send me your email address

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang ameadues View Post
    very grateful can you please send me your email address
    Click on a user's name, if they set up their address you can see the option there

Help me improve, critiques and criticism are welcome:
    My sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.