Box Zoom instead of "Smooth" Zoom if that makes any sense.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Box Zoom instead of "Smooth" Zoom if that makes any sense.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Box Zoom instead of "Smooth" Zoom if that makes any sense.

Hello! recently my zoom tool on PS has changed from "Smooth" Zoom, meaning a I can simply click and use the mouse to determine where and how much to zoom, to a Box Zoom, meaning you select a region with the box-select tool and that regions fills your screen. I've tried resetting my preferences and it hasn't helped. So I was wondering if you lovely people could?, thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Iseden,

you may have figured this out already, but for posterity, if you have the zoom tool selected, look up in the Options bar and there should be a checkbox that says "Scrubby Zoom". If you don't want to draw the box, make sure the "Scrubby Zoom" box is checked on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would add, if "scrubby zoom" is greyed out it's related to GPU acceleration being disabled. I have notice recently that if you close Ps CS5 with any brush panel open it will disable the GPU acceleration next time you open it. I hear that this is a bug on certain nVidia cards, just lovely right? Now to fix it, force GPU settings in the windows registry using the old trick from CS4. Search for "Allow Old GPUs" reg hack, this assumes you're on windows. It get's better, Adobe considers this a requested feature so it ain't getting fixed.

-J

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.